• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctfg23

Have you modified the /system on your phone at all? Custom recovery?

No. I've never modified or rooted or anything. My 6P didn't have the March security patch yet, would that have made a difference? That's the only thing I can think of that maybe could have caused anything.

BahamutPT

Can you upgrade to N without wiping data?

Yes, use the Android Beta Program sign-up and you'll receive an OTA update to N and all subsequent updates, including official release.

It will wipe your data only if you decide un-enroll your device from the program (it'll give you an OTA rollback to Marshmallow).

zewone

Yes, use the Android Beta Program sign-up and you'll receive an OTA update to N and all subsequent updates, including official release.

It will wipe your data only if you decide un-enroll your device from the program (it'll give you an OTA rollback to Marshmallow).
That's amazing. Thanks.

N runs pretty well, I don't see anyone needing to roll back unless their device totally spazzes out. Pretty decent update. Shame I'll never get it on my phone but multi window on my nex9 is a good addition.

Saiyan-Rox

It really is a good tablet.

Only issue I have is the motion blur on the screen is fricken terrible.

Side note you few with the tablet who flashed N is it just me or is there a red light beside the front facing camera now suddenly swithcing on? Only happens on the lock screen swell.

BahamutPT

TouchWiz had call blocking in FroYo

It isn't really a new Android feature at all. Android has had a per-contact "All calls to voicemail" setting since Eclair or Froyo.

This "new" feature is almost exactly the same but presented in a different way: you add a number to a single list and those calls will go to voicemail. Which undeniably is WAY more efficient than adding a number to your contacts and setting it individually.

The actual new features are cloud/device sync and the extension of that blocklist to other apps. Block a number once and all apps can check the list and stop communications from it.

Kuros

Any news on changes to the app backup in N? I just had a look at my Google drive and not one third party apps data is backed up. It's garbage. I wish Google would go with a sticky approach on occasion.

Just finished flying over all the news on AP, Google dropped megatons big time ... randomly, out of nowhere. Dev preview, OTA OS-Beta, performance updates for the 5X and the 6P, hot damn.

Are those performance updates for the 2015 Nexus devices working? If this years devices are disappointing or too expensive and delayed (in Europe) again, i might fall back to an 6P then.

I hope all this really leads to device/hardware news at I/O.

I'm quite interested in the 5X performance as well, although if it's still bad (fuck forced encryption) I might just get Cyanogenmod for it. The price has dropped really low on many retailers, slightly cheaper than the original Nexus 5 now. 6P remains super expensive because Google really fucked over Europe with these things.

Polarburr

N has been amazing. Although I think I found a bug.

Driving right now and I'm using the Tronsmart USB C charger. It's not charging rapidly.

So either it's the charger or the N beta. Are you guys still quick charging with the wall charger? Can't test now cause yeah... I'm driving. Haha

Aiii

So not worth it
N has been amazing. Although I think I found a bug.

Driving right now and I'm using the Tronsmart USB C charger. It's not charging rapidly.

So either it's the charger or the N beta. Are you guys still quick charging with the wall charger? Can't test now cause yeah... I'm driving. Haha

Actually, it just doesn't say it's quick charging on the lockscreen anymore.

I still went from 19% to 100% in less than an hour last night.

Quasar

Glad they finally have a easy beta process to join that doesn't involve messing with images.

Just installed the Nexus player beta. Not sure if any features are exposed on this one.

Hasney

Only complaint I have about notifications is that I wish they had more of a gap between them like they used to. Looks good otherwise.

Honestly, get my browsers working again and I could easily recommend using it to anyone.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
6P N users seem to think it's daily driver ready.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Man, this Zenpad sure as heck isn't getting N, is it? I'd buy the Pixel but I'm a fan of smaller tablets. A 10" tablet isn't my thing anymore.

Wreav

Banned
I'm still not sure why you aren't banned from trolling in here.

Complaining that the most popular app in our current zeitgeist isn't on one of the biggest mobile OSs in the world is hardly trolling.

S7 is ok, but typical Samsung outstanding hardware crippled by trash software.

I like that the animations are so much faster now for just about everything on N.

This isn't all of it though right? ARe they introducing more features and whatnot with monthly updates?

Bboy AJ

I don't know what faster animations mean because I always, always change my developer settings option of animation speed to 0.5x

I don't know what faster animations mean because I always, always change my developer settings option of animation speed to 0.5x
there's less wasted time with effects but there are still nice transitions. Like when you use the multitasking button, the app you tap on fills the screen in one quick smooth animation.

With that said, quick app switching is also good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom