• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreav

Banned
Do apps that you've set not to vibrate on notification still vibrate in vibrate mode on stock, or is this Samsung being fucking retarded as usual?

Mute/Silent would be better if you could get phone calls to at least vibrate in that mode without resorting to Lightflow.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Do apps that you've set not to vibrate on notification still vibrate in vibrate mode on stock, or is this Samsung being fucking retarded as usual?

Mute/Silent would be better if you could get phone calls to at least vibrate in that mode without resorting to Lightflow.

I think turning the volume down to vibrate translates audible alerts to vibrations instead. So audible alerts become vibration alerts regardless of the separate vibration settings for an app. Silent mode makes everything silent so there is no vibration or audible alert.

this_guy

Why so much hostility?

N is def buggy on the 6P, but I'm loving all the tweaks and features. The performance for split screen is also excellent.

I'm looking forward to the new features and polish added over the coming months.

samsung has stupid shit in general

if I have my headset plugged into the phone, notifications and shit still make sounds on the speaker. Like huh?

Saiyan-Rox

Don't you dare pay for this trash. Terrible movie. I can't believe I even watched it all the way through.

I <3 rooster Teeth and figured the hate for the movie was people who didn't really know them and I do see people who loved the movie but is it really that bad?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/49qdvs/ota_update_for_the_nexus_6p/

This guy is awesome. Glad he's lurking that forum even though they can be really mean. Praying that doesn't push him away

Google should hire Franco

EDIT: http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...-compiler-means-no-more-optimizing-apps-step/

yay now I'm okay with monthly security updates because of this + we might get secret shit like this month on 5x and 6p

Wait so is there a new OTA now for the 6P? So we got 2 updates to it instead of 1?

Hasney

Facebook tends to ignore all settings, but everything else seems to behave.

Aiii

So not worth it
N is def buggy on the 6P, but I'm loving all the tweaks and features. The performance for split screen is also excellent.

I'm looking forward to the new features and polish added over the coming months.

The only problem with splitscreen right now, other than some orientation and sizing issues that are to be expected in an Alpha, is that apps just aren't ready for it. When you switch focus, the inactive app goes into background mode, so stuff like Netflix and Youtube go into background-mode instead of continuing playback.

Mindwipe

I hate that they got rid of the wifi and bluetooth connection select drop downs from the dropdown menu. They are very considerably faster than going to the main settings screen.

I really hope that comes back.

The only problem with splitscreen right now, other than some orientation and sizing issues that are to be expected in an Alpha, is that apps just aren't ready for it. When you switch focus, the inactive app goes into background mode, so stuff like Netflix and Youtube go into background-mode instead of continuing playback.
Crazy that my Note II did that just fine in 2012.

Beta working great on my N6. Headed on a week-long trip tomorrow, and don't think I'll even bother rolling back, and it's super steady and battery life seems no different than pre-beta.

reKon

Banned
Android N almost makes me want to purchase that discounted Pixel C with the option of throwing Remix OS on there in case Android N is a bust. My one concern is reported problems with bluetooth / wifi connection. If there is actually no longer an issue, I'd bite on the Pixel C at that price.

Saiyan-Rox

Android N almost makes me want to purchase that discounted Pixel C with the option of throwing Remix OS on there in case Android N is a bust. My one concern is reported problems with bluetooth / wifi connection. If there is actually no longer an issue, I'd bite on the Pixel C at that price.

For what it's worth I haven't had Bluetooth issues or WiFi speed issues with mine and never have. The only WiFi issue I had is the one where it disconnects but I've had that with all 6.0.1 on phones too.

reKon

Banned
For what it's worth I haven't had Bluetooth issues or WiFi speed issues with mine and never have. The only WiFi issue I had is the one where it disconnects but I've had that with all 6.0.1 on phones too.

That's good to know. The other thing that makes me hesitant is that possibly of Nvidia releasing their own tablet, which is guaranteed to be more optimized than whatever Google does with this one. They did a good job with both versions of the SHIELD tablet, which received the fastest updates I've ever seen for Non-Nexus devices.

You can't post a 42 min podcast of someone as insufferable as Nilay without at least pointing us to key parts.

Lol. Good point. Hes such an ignorant idiot. Walts a little better and he does control the whole podcast at least.

There is three parts. Beginning is praising Samsung for the hardware, 2nd part is about Samsung doing duplicate features/gimmicks, the 3rd and longest is bitching about Verizon.

In fact I would say the podcast is mostly about Verizon ruining phones and abusing customers even though it doesn't start until later.

I <3 rooster Teeth and figured the hate for the movie was people who didn't really know them and I do see people who loved the movie but is it really that bad?

Wait so is there a new OTA now for the 6P? So we got 2 updates to it instead of 1?
It's not bad but seems to be a set up for 1 joke towards the end
Also this 6p update better fix my inverse WiFi bug

I have quite literally no idea what the HTC 10 is going to bring to the table that will convince somebody to buy it over an S7 or perhaps even the G5. It looks like the only differentiating factor that their phones offered over the competition (Dual speakers) is gone for good and I just don't see what they are thinking.

The phone looks pretty great aesthetically, but the bezels still look too large.

BahamutPT

Ok so almost 24 hours later, N has been running relatively well on my 6P. For an alpha version that is.

I have 4 incompatible apps. 1 crashes soon after launch because of some libs, 1 runs but has problems connecting to a server and 2 crash as soon as I try to launch. But that was to be expected and they should be back to normal when their devs get to testing.

Other than that, I've only noticed performance hits on the Play Store. Also, every time I open UI Tuner those settings rollback to defaults and I can't seem to be able to activate dark theme.

I had a rendering problem while opening the app drawer once (drawer appeared on the bottom left corner) but haven't been able to reproduce.

Wreav

Banned
Is anybody using Firefox on android these days? Seems really smooth and feature-rich now but I never hear anybody mention it. I would try habit browser but it seems like it might be a Chinese malware in disguise.

reKon

Banned
Differences are minimal. I'm more interested in which is more efficient since I know both are fantastic performers

Seems like both will give excellent battery life based off of Anandtech's Part 1 review for the SD version and the random dude on reddit who had the Exynos version early.

Guys soon I'll have to switch to Android completely and only thing I wonder about is Mail app.

I've been using default mail app in iOS forever now (since 3gs). I have gmail, hotmail and work based mail accounts. Now I have to switch and I need advice

What would be good app for multiple mail accounts on Android? Phone will probably be Xperia Z3.

Fatalah

Guys soon I'll have to switch to Android completely and only thing I wonder about is Mail app.

I've been using default mail app in iOS forever now (since 3gs). I have gmail, hotmail and work based mail accounts. Now I have to switch and I need advice

What would be good app for multiple mail accounts on Android? Phone will probably be Xperia Z3.

Funny enough, you can use the Gmail app for all of your e-mail needs. Google's even brought Google Now support to Yahoo and Outlook addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom