• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akoi

The M10 won't have dual speakers.

If the rumors are true it should have the same setup as the 825 will, but we will wait and see. I'd still get it over the S7 though even if it doesn't.

like I said, it comes down to personal preference. And no one knows for certain what it will or will not have yet, it's all speculation at this point.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I prefer the smaller form factor of my Zenpad but with multi-window actually being a thing, perhaps a Pixel C isn't a terrible idea. Does the screen really blur? Bad? Or do you have defective hardware?

Chorazin

I prefer the smaller form factor of my Zenpad but with multi-window actually being a thing, perhaps a Pixel C isn't a terrible idea. Does the screen really blur? Bad? Or do you have defective hardware?

Been using mine non-stop the past few days and I don't see any screen blur. Feels great in my hands, screen looks gorgeous, haven't had any freezing or slowdowns. Really glad I got this thing, so much nicer than my 9.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
So the main camera and flashlight of my Moto X Play just stopped working.
The camera app don't give me the option to switch cameras anymore and the flashlight shortcut is gone.
Any ideas?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Been using mine non-stop the past few days and I don't see any screen blur. Feels great in my hands, screen looks gorgeous, haven't had any freezing or slowdowns. Really glad I got this thing, so much nicer than my 9.
How's the RAM? Does it reload apps and browser tabs like the N9?

If the rumors are true it should have the same setup as the 825 will, but we will wait and see. I'd still get it over the S7 though even if it doesn't.

like I said, it comes down to personal preference. And no one knows for certain what it will or will not have yet, it's all speculation at this point.

Well most phone rumors end up being true. Phone stuff always gets leaked. There has been a finished model shown that doesn't have dual speakers. It's a single speaker solution. I crossed the S7 off my list the second I found out it had a locked bootloader. Can't have a phone I can't root now.

Bboy AJ

I haven't noticed anything like that, but I really don't run many apps that are super intensive.
What was your experience with the N9? N9 couldn't even run Chrome without constant refreshing. Absolute junk.

Zackat

Is it likely that any other flagship this year will have expandable memory like the s7/s7 edge? I am in the market for a new phone (iphone 5s currently) and I really like the sound of that.

Also open to the Nexus 6p because that stock android looks really appealing. Basically I am asking for any advice you can give me, because I have been out of the loop for a bit on phone stuff.

CronoShot

Is it likely that any other flagship this year will have expandable memory like the s7/s7 edge? I am in the market for a new phone (iphone 5s currently) and I really like the sound of that.

Also open to the Nexus 6p because that stock android looks really appealing. Basically I am asking for any advice you can give me, because I have been out of the loop for a bit on phone stuff.

Pretty much every flagship Android phone this year should have expandable memory aside from the next Nexus. Which is pretty ironic, actually.

Anyway, there's been some pretty decent sales going for the 6P. Best Buy has it for $50 off.

Akoi

Well most phone rumors end up being true. Phone stuff always gets leaked. There has been a finished model shown that doesn't have dual speakers. It's a single speaker solution. I crossed the S7 off my list the second I found out it had a locked bootloader. Can't have a phone I can't root now.

The rumors I have been reading say that it will have dual speakers and one of them is on the front of the phone (the top speaker where you put your ear on the phone) and the other is on the bottom of the phone like the render shows. Not like the older HTC design but still has two speakers that are used at the same time.

More than one source backs this rumor up too. I really hope it's correct, since like I said the 825 has the same design where it has two speakers but they are not both front facing, one is on the bottom and the other one is the speaker where you put your ear to the phone.( they both work together though) I want to hear what it sounds like :D

Let's hope the ones I have read are accurate :D

Bboy AJ

I won this one on Apple ditching it. Next battle is the big one, though. Whether it's the right choice. And yes, it is.

When are we gonna Vive together? I need pascal

I won this one on Apple ditching it. Next battle is the big one, though. Whether it's the right choice. And yes, it is.

When are we gonna Vive together? I need pascal

I'm happy to ditch the headphone jack, as long as I can use a cheap sub-10 bucks solution that isn't in-ear.

If not, then it's inferior to me.

Hasney

You guys are tempting me to replace my Zenpad but then I compared the two and wow, the Pixel doesn't dominate http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7367&idPhone2=7826&

Jeez. Make a new Nexus 8.

Honestly, it's the keyboard that sells it for me. Surprisingly nice to type with. Obviously a lot snappier than a Kindle Fire HDX 7 with CM installed on it.

Figured as much. The battery indicator on the back doesn't work while the keyboard charges as well.

G5 set to release 4/1 in the US. Tmo doing a promo if you buy before 4/5 they will toss in a 360 camera add on. Pre orders start today at Best Buy for AT&T and Sprint and 29th for Tmo.

reKon

Banned
You guys are tempting me to replace my Zenpad but then I compared the two and wow, the Pixel doesn't dominate http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7367&idPhone2=7826&

Jeez. Make a new Nexus 8.

It has better build quality, faster updates (multiwindow in the future) much better battery life, a bigger screen (if you need it) and has much better gaming performance. If you don't care about gaming then I guess maybe it doesn't matter so much, but the Pixel C does dominate it.

this_guy

80 hours of uptime and not a single bit of jank yet. So far I'm really impressed. If this keeps up the 5x is going to be a really good budget phone.

Are you still on the Nexus 6?

So the camera jank is gone? The camera and snapchat were so sluggish and that's why I had to get rid of the 5x.

Has anyone signed up for project Fi just to get the 5x deal and not use the service?

I've heard people have signed up for service but cancel right afterwards. There's no contract to maintain service so it shouldn't be an issue.

AndyD

aka andydumi
G5 set to release 4/1 in the US. Tmo doing a promo if you buy before 4/5 they will toss in a 360 camera add on. Pre orders start today at Best Buy for AT&T and Sprint and 29th for Tmo.

That thing is supposed to be expensive too. But it's not something I really want or would use that much.

AJ, I bought a Pixel C a few days ago and I'm using it on the N preview (I've got the keyboard too). It's by a country mile the best Android tablet. No screen issues, no BT keyboard issues, no WiFi issues. It's fast smooth and awesome. Love the tag by the way. Keep fucking that chicken.

This has been said about every preview version of Android, ever. Until they can get N on more than 10% of handsets, it changes nothing.

This really is. The Nexus 9 was an unmitigated disaster and put me off Android tablets for a long time. Multitasking with a decent keyboard? It transforms the experience. And my point about N being a game changer was specifically about the Pixel C.

Also, in fairness, I've have 0 issues since I bought mine at launch.

Great! It's an awesome device isn't it? I'd argue that it's N that really makes the investment in a large Android tablet worthwhile, although I know opinions will differ. I felt really let down by the N9. And I find the sheer size of 9" or larger tablets clumsy to hold comfortably and type on. The keyboard attachment on this thing props up the tablet so I don't need to hold it and means I don't have to touch type on a larger screen, something I've always disliked.

So the camera jank is gone? The camera and snapchat were so sluggish and that's why I had to get rid of the 5x.

I've heard people have signed up for service but cancel right afterwards. There's no contract to maintain service so it shouldn't be an issue.

90 hours uptime. No camera jank.

Chorazin

AJ, I bought a Pixel C a few days ago and I'm using it on the N preview (I've got the keyboard too). It's by a country mile the best Android tablet. No screen issues, no BT keyboard issues, no WiFi issues. It's fast smooth and awesome. Love the tag by the way. Keep fucking that chicken.

Maaaaan you're making me want to put the N preview on it, but this is my daily driver so I'm wary....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom