• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance you can get your hands on a Nexus 6? I mean, I love mine, but it's not for everyone with the size.

Still, I'd recommend a Nokia 3310 over a OnePlus just in case anything ever goes wrong and you have to deal with them.

Good call actually. Amazon warehouse has them for £232.67 and New fufilled by Amazon for £260.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016B7INC2/

Thanks for that, I had a play around with a 6P earlier and I think I can live with the size, the 5x seemed too small in comparison. Simply Electronics have the 64gb 6P for £389 so will go with that, as soon as I can get over my itch trigger finger

No unlocked edition for Verizon? Boooooooo.

HTC 10 looks amazing. Was turned off by the initial leaks (RIP front speakers), but everything on paper looks very solid. $700 is a joke though if you're goal is to win back some fans. Luckily i have a contract upgrade this month. :D

Dobsie

So what's the consensus on the best snapdragon optimised chromium browser?
Currently got jswarts and rsbrowser installed, js doesn't seem all that stable so far, locks up on pages and I have to close tabs to make it responsive. Only had rsbrowser for a couple of hours so don't really know how it will fare yet.

Hasney

OK, the more I hear about the M10, the better it sounds.

"Your HTC warranty even covers bootloader unlocking on the HTC 10!
For more bootloader unlocking info, visit www.htcdev.com"

Currently got jswarts and rsbrowser installed, js doesn't seem all that stable so far, locks up on pages and I have to close tabs to make it responsive. Only had rsbrowser for a couple of hours so don't really know how it will fare yet.

Probably RSBrowser, but remember that it's an old version of Chromium and there's bugs abound, especially with Google Keyboard and SwiftKey. Not sure on other keyboards.

Dobsie

OK, the more I hear about the M10, the better it sounds.

"Your HTC warranty even covers bootloader unlocking on the HTC 10!
For more bootloader unlocking info, visit www.htcdev.com"

Probably RSBrowser, but remember that it's an old version of Chromium and there's bugs abound, especially with Google Keyboard and SwiftKey. Not sure on other keyboards.

Ok thanks, will keep chrome as a backup

All the CAF browsers are snapdragon optimized. However, the buginess and stability differs. I find the TugaBrowser version to be the most stable. The dev even fixed the annoying bug that screws with Google keyboard and other Google style keyboards like Chrooma. (It's also no longer an issue on current versions of chrome proper.)

TugaBrowser also gets updated the most often, but it's not on the Play Store. I'm on the March 17th build.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=44933

Edit: The dev makes a OnePlus ROM, which is why it mentions it, but the browser should work on any phone. (I have a Galaxy, for example.)

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Damn, HTC 10 looks damn near perfect. Just need additional reviews on the camera and battery, their software has always been butter.

this_guy

Damn, HTC 10 looks damn near perfect. Just need additional reviews on the camera and battery, their software has always been butter.

Camera should be solid. Looks like the same sensor as the Nexus 6p/5x but with the addition of OIS. As long as HTC doesn't mess it up through software it should be a great low light camera (and pretty much all cameras take good shots in day light now a days).

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Camera should be solid. Looks like the same sensor as the Nexus 6p/5x but with the addition of OIS. As long as HTC doesn't mess it up through software it should be a great low light camera (and pretty much all cameras take good shots in day light now a days).

The lens is f1.8, I think the 6p is 2.0, so the 10 should be an improvement.

Also, is that a power button on the side? Why would you need a power button if you have a fingerprint scanner? Hope that's a camera button instead.

ukas

I have a 6P, but now I'm actually contemplating a 10. I do love Sense and now that they have their camera in order....ugh.

I use a pair of Jaybird earbuds for exercising and also when I'm lying in bed and they sound great. Never had an issue setting them up or connection problems.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
The only time I use Bluetooth audio is for my phone hooking up to my car and it sounds pretty good there.

Same. I installed a stereo to do this. It does work great there, but I prefer wired for headphones.

I use a pair of Jaybird earbuds for exercising and also when I'm lying in bed and they sound great. Never had an issue setting them up or connection problems.

Indoors, they work okay. Outside, where there aren't walls for the signal to bounce around, I get very poor signal from them.

The lens is f1.8, I think the 6p is 2.0, so the 10 should be an improvement.

Also, is that a power button on the side? Why would you need a power button if you have a fingerprint scanner? Hope that's a camera button instead.

Because you need hardware buttons for when your phone freezes or you want to get into things like the boot menus?

EDIT: Anyone who wants to buy an HTC 10 from HTC directly can use this code to get $100 bucks off.

catmincer

HTC 10 actually looks good. I just hope this time there aren't a ridiculous amount of variants like

M9
M9+
M9+ supreme camera edition
E9
E9+
ME
M9s
X9

Because that is insane and makes no sense whatsoever.

23qwerty

huh, Spotify refused to play out the aux cord to my car and instead played out the phone speakers but every other app would play through the cord, reboot fixed it but weird

Furyous

Where is the hype for the 24-bit DAC? Give me an iphone quality DAC HTC. The only thing the 10 is missing is an IR blaster and ability to turn off the brightness of the hardware keys.

reKon

Banned
Where is the hype for the 24-bit DAC? Give me an iphone quality DAC HTC. The only thing the 10 is missing is an IR blaster and ability to turn off the brightness of the hardware keys.

There are plenty of Android phones that have had superb audio quality ... for years..

DagsJT

Agreed.

I have a pair of Jaybirds that are useless since I keep my phone in my left pocket.

Bluetooth is bad.

I've got a pair of JLab Epic Bluetooth earphones and the signal is poor when my phone is in my right pocket. In my hand, on my waist or arm is fine though.

Shame really, they sound awesome.

Dobsie

All the CAF browsers are snapdragon optimized. However, the buginess and stability differs. I find the TugaBrowser version to be the most stable. The dev even fixed the annoying bug that screws with Google keyboard and other Google style keyboards like Chrooma. (It's also no longer an issue on current versions of chrome proper.)

TugaBrowser also gets updated the most often, but it's not on the Play Store. I'm on the March 17th build.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=44933

Edit: The dev makes a OnePlus ROM, which is why it mentions it, but the browser should work on any phone. (I have a Galaxy, for example.)

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Gritesh

Oh awesome so the HTC m10 promo code doesn't work for Canada but does for the USA .

So it's 599 us and 999 Canadian.

Fuck right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom