• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

Not a single mention about the weight.

One thing that stuck out is it's probably the heaviest smartphone in that screen size (164 grams).

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The M8 was fantastic outside of the camera and battery (which wasn't terrible). It was my favorite Android phone. Software was butter and it didn't deteriorate over time like touchwiz tends to do. This is the true successor, forget the M9.

Edit: The Verge basically spends like 3 sentences on the camera. They really are bored by it, lol.

I've been getting quite a few annoying promoted tweets on my timeline using the official twitter app. Do they still show up if I switch to a third party app? Which one would you recommend?

VoxPop

I don't understand you guys. I understand The Verge is usually biased but you expect them to give the HTC 10 an 8+ just because? The phone is indeed nothing special and I think the score is appropriate.

I don't understand you guys. I understand The Verge is usually biased but you expect them to give the HTC 10 an 8+ just because? The phone is indeed nothing special and I think the score is appropriate.

Its more so because of the fact that the Verge consistently lists cons in Android phone reviews that it NEVER does in iPhone reviews. Cons that exist on both platforms.

If they cant find enough cons with an android phone they will reach.

Boring design?
Overpriced?

Slow camera is a con for sure but the rest...Are you fucking kidding me?

I wish Android TV took off better.

Only option is the Shield TV and its hella expensive.

Also the Nexus Player is near imposable to find now. Plus its lack of expandability was a turn off anyway for that price.

Would be down for a sub 100 android TV puck but I guess they dont want to eat chromecast's lunch with a remote and a usb port

I guess it is being build into a lot of TV's so its not dead or anything but still....

Jigolo

I don't understand you for reading the Verge. :p

What's best free Twitter app? I am using Tweetcaster right now but it's very bare bones. Not looking to spend any money unless Fenix is really that much better? (please say why it's better)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Damn at the Ars review headline! HTC 10 review: HTC builds the best Android flagship of 2016. Good for them. I love the phone and would pick it over a Samsung.

I've been getting quite a few annoying promoted tweets on my timeline using the official twitter app. Do they still show up if I switch to a third party app? Which one would you recommend?
Use Fenix.

I wish Android TV took off better.

Only option is the Shield TV and its hella expensive.

Also the Nexus Player is near imposable to find now. Plus its lack of expandability was a turn off anyway for that price.

Would be down for a sub 100 android TV puck but I guess they dont want to eat chromecast's lunch with a remote and a usb port

I guess it is being build into a lot of TV's so its not dead or anything but still....

Its doing pretty decent. I agree that Google should have built a better box than that cheap Nexus Player. Hopefully they will announce something nicer soon.

Right now its in Sony, RCA, Phillips and Sharp TVs. If google can convince someone like LG or Vizio to jump in it will be game over. The ecosystem is already growing really well and has most services, just not growing Apple TV fast.

Also live channels is sick and will be really neat if more players take advantage. The features in N Preview are also looking great for TV.

Quixzlizx

Its doing pretty decent. I agree that Google should have built a better box than that cheap Nexus Player. Hopefully they will announce something nicer soon.

Right now its in Sony, RCA, Phillips and Sharp TVs. If google can convince someone like LG or Vizio to jump in it will be game over. The ecosystem is already growing really well and has most services, just not growing Apple TV fast.

Also live channels is sick and will be really neat if more players take advantage. The features in N Preview are also looking great for TV.

Vizio is going Chromecast.

Furyous

The HTC camera has a grey issue that the reviewer brought up. An 8 out of 10 is more than generous considering:

The lack of IR blaster
The lack of wireless charging
Speaker quality
Grey issue in some photos
Inconsistent battery life; barely goes all day with a 3000 mah battery and camera dramatically drains battery according to Android Central podcast..

An 8/10 is more than fair to say the least.

Its more so because of the fact that the Verge consistently lists cons in Android phone reviews that it NEVER does in iPhone reviews. Cons that exist on both platforms.

If they cant find enough cons with an android phone they will reach.

Boring design?
Overpriced?

Slow camera is a con for sure but the rest...Are you fucking kidding me?

The HTC camera has a grey issue that the reviewer brought up. An 8 out of 10 is more than generous considering:

The lack of IR blaster
Speaker quality
Inconsistent battery life; barely goes all day with a 3000 mah battery and camera dramatically drains battery.

EL

OH

EL

reKon

Banned

The lack of IR blaster
Speaker quality
Inconsistent battery life; barely goes all day with a 3000 mah battery and camera dramatically drains battery.

Don't ever rely on The Verge for battery life reviews.

Hasney

No, I just point out the Verge is trash at every opportunity. If it got a 1 or a 10, my post would have been the same.

Wouldn't Android TV be a downgrade if your TVs are already compatible with actual Android?

No, Android TV includes Chromecast support. It's a huge upgrade because you get choice between casting and a full TV OS.

Vizios are nothing but Chromecast built into a TV with a cheap android tablet and vizio app any device can run. Full Android does nothing for TVs other than casting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom