• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea why Samsung has been able to get more banks, but the fact that Android Pay is missing the largest bank in the US (Chase) is pretty friggin ridiculous.

I know Chase is trying to do their own shitty mobile payments system, but Samsung was still able to get them to work with Samsung Pay...

I didn't know Samsung had chase. Wtf

I switched from Chase to Citi anyway but know a lot of people with Chase.

Citi's reward program is better and Android Pay is just an extra nice to have.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
chrome is 50 y'all

ap_resize.php

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...e-users-unveils-material-design-on-chrome-os/

Just switched from Cricket to Fi due to ATT not having towers outside my town which was getting old.

So far Fi has been great, my bill should be about the same or a few bucks more with Fi but I'm now getting better coverage, speeds, lower latency, and better customer service/app etc.

I also can now add tablets to the plan someday with no device charge and I also have tethering now which cricket didn't have.

Higly recommend it so far.

Hoping that the Moto G4 doesn't turn out to be a massive let down.

If it does turn out to be disappointing, what existing and upcoming handsets are there to consider, which are sub £200, with all but stock Android, and better storage (more than 8gb), better camera, SD card support, superior battery life and CPU compared to my G2?

Ugh, I have that itch to spend money on a phone I do not need because mine is still super great other than being a little too big. I was not too fond of the Nexus 5X, but I am thinking about buying my third one and giving it another go on Project Fi when my AT&T contract runs out at the end of the month. :|

I guess? People are saying it's too dim, but it adjusts the brightness I guess if you have auto brightness on.

Yeah, it definitely has auto brightness settings if you use them. I can see it just fine, even when it's on the most dim setting. Don't really get why the reviews were complaining, unless they just had bad eyesight in general. It's white letters on a black screen, so I don't know how much more legible you could get lol

NotBacon

Mother just bought a Nexus 5X.

Can any 5X owners chime in on how things are after that recent update that was supposed to fix all of the camera/performance tomfoolery?

Hasney

Can any 5X owners chime in on how things are after that recent update that was supposed to fix all of the camera/performance tomfoolery?

My friend says it's now a stabdard Nexus camera, so slow but not as slow, but everything else now works great.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Works fine. It's a solid phone now.

My old Nexus 10 has been dying really fast after the last Android update. I rarely use it, but just sitting around doing nothing it has been dying every 2 days.

I checked the battery stats today and apparently Google Maps was sucking down about a third of my battery. I never use it, so I just disabled it for now and I'll see if that improves things at all.

I have 2 weird ass bugs on my Alcatel Idol 3.

1. Whenever I boot up Google Play Music, It locks my phone out to the lock screen! I have to unlock it before I can pick my music. Only happens on first boot of the app but it definitely gets to me esp when Im in the car driving.

2. When trying to install an APK, I actually can't press the Install prompt! The window listing all the app permissions is there, I can cancel out of it, but I can't install the app. Infuriating! I have to use a 3rd part app to install APK's instead of the Package Installer itself.

I actually formatted my entire phone thinking it was a bug with Android after a while but even on a fresh phone, I still have these issues!

Anyone know what they could be?

I love my phone, its great value for the price but these little bugs got me kinda wanting to move on to something new, All this Android eye candy is out and about now.

tzare

samsung should allow Samsung Pay, even if limited to NFC, for all of its fingerprint scanner enabled devices.
It is a shame Note 4 or S5 users cannot use it. I guess will have to wait for Android Pay or use our bank app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom