• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noema

question for me and a bud who's been asking me about the moto;

where exactly did you guys feel 1gb of RAM was lacking / not enough?

home screen redraws tab reloading etc or what

That and multitasking is basically impossible. I can't listen to Spotify while I browse the Web since it'll crash as soon as a website loads. Most heavier apps will cause Spotify to crash. Even whatsapp will make it crash after a while.

It's just a painful and annoying experience since many apps will lose your place when reloading. If I'm scrolling through twitter and then go to Hangouts or whatsapp and then go back to Twitter I'll probably have to manually scroll down to where I was.

Even my iPhone 4 with 512mb of RAM was better at multitasking. At least I could use Safari or read a book without worrying Spotify would crash.

1GB just doesn't cut it for Android.

I lol'd at ONLYYYYY 3gb of ram. Of all the many things someone can complain about when it comes to an android phone.

Impressions?
it seems like it's mostly refinements. Send button looks a little nicer. Things seem to be a bit slicker. I can't remember how it was attaching things before but I feel like it got easier.

I like the direction overall. I don't hate the white and grey bubbles but it would be cool if you could pick something else.

I lol'd at ONLYYYYY 3gb of ram. Of all the many things someone can complain about when it comes to an android phone.

it seems like it's mostly refinements. Send button looks a little nicer. Things seem to be a bit slicker. I can't remember how it was attaching things before but I feel like it got easier.

I like the direction overall. I don't hate the white and grey bubbles but it would be cool if you could pick something else.

I haven't even updated to 4.0 given all the bad impressions.

asdad123

So I'm using a note 4 until my iPhone 6s plus comes in. I thought the battery was supposed to be good? I'm at about 13 hours off the charger and at only 1 hour of screen time and I'm at 40%.

I must be doing something wrong. Only have one email account which checks hourly and that's it. Only facebook, instagram, and chase apps are installed on my phone.

So I'm using a note 4 until my iPhone 6s plus comes in. I thought the battery was supposed to be good? I'm at about 13 hours off the charger and at only 1 hour of screen time and I'm at 40%.

I must be doing something wrong. Only have one email account which checks hourly and that's it. Only facebook, instagram, and chase apps are installed on my phone.
it does have touchwiz on it, so there's that. Maybe factory reset? Go into the settings and see what's eating it most.

asdad123

it does have touchwiz on it, so there's that. Maybe factory reset? Go into the settings and see what's eating it most.

It was factory reset two days ago (I borrowed it from a friend while waiting for my new phone to come in).

Most used battery life by app is phone (8%), android system (7%), and Google services (7%)

Wreav

Banned
I don't see what's bad. To me it seems generally easier to use than it used to be. Definitely when it comes to attaching pics and shit. Navigating between convos seems easy enough. Can't notice any real glitches.

Only UI change between 4.1 and 5.0 seems to be the bubbles and the send button. Attachment is the same.

HawkeyeIC

Old, but anyone leave on the default Chrome setting where tabs open as new apps? Maybe I'm just not used to it, but man, what a terrible idea.

Either battery is on it's last legs or you're in an area with like 1 bar of signal and the phone is killing itself trying to hold onto that.

I found a GS6 Edge on Craigslist for $350. What should I check for if I go to meet the buyer?
make sure calling/data works. Make sure there's no dead pixel or some shit. Make sure the camera takes pics without weird defects. Everything else can be solved by factory reset.

Wreav

Banned
If it sounds too good to be true, it's probably on Craigslist.

I eagerly await hearing about what you really end up buying, though!

Or he is on at&t and waiting for the update to the version of lollipop that doesn't kill your phone with memory leaks.

I'm on Verizon and I'm stuck on 5.0.1 and I have no problems like that. It's weird how I never seem to have the problems a small vocal minority who don't even own the devices they complain about claim to have.

giga

These Samsung Galaxy S6 Phones don't have any service carrier logo on them and therefore are considered as International version which the factory does not honor warranty.

Hard pass.

reKon

Banned
Is there a way to get an att specific white back cover for a Note Edge(last year's model)? Want to trade my phone in or sell it when the Blackberry Venice or Lumia 950xl comes out but my blue jeans stained the back in a square at some point.

Anyone know how much ATT's trade ins usually give you of the value?

Is there a way to get an att specific white back cover for a Note Edge(last year's model)? Want to trade my phone in or sell it when the Blackberry Venice or Lumia 950xl comes out but my blue jeans stained the back in a square at some point.

Anyone know how much ATT's trade ins usually give you of the value
?

Chips and guac at Chipotle

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm on Verizon and I'm stuck on 5.0.1 and I have no problems like that. It's weird how I never seem to have the problems a small vocal minority who don't even own the devices they complain about claim to have.

Should I have taken pictures of me with the device and your gaf username to prove I owned the phone?

Seriously, I'm really happy for those without issues on 5.0, but it's a documented enough issue where you don't have to pretend like it doesn't exist.

Furyous

That and multitasking is basically impossible. I can't listen to Spotify while I browse the Web since it'll crash as soon as a website loads. Most heavier apps will cause Spotify to crash. Even whatsapp will make it crash after a while.

It's just a painful and annoying experience since many apps will lose your place when reloading. If I'm scrolling through twitter and then go to Hangouts or whatsapp and then go back to Twitter I'll probably have to manually scroll down to where I was.

Even my iPhone 4 with 512mb of RAM was better at multitasking. At least I could use Safari or read a book without worrying Spotify would crash.

1GB just doesn't cut it for Android.

No, it fucking wasn't and I own an iphone 4. Holy hyperbole Batman! Look you get what you pay for. 1GB is enough for people to buy the device so it works for them. The rest of us that chose differently need more than 1GB on Android.

Jzero

I need that Quick Charge 3.0

I'll wait for a nexus that has it.

JRf1yz3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom