• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreav

Banned
The similarity between the wrassleGAF and AndroidGAF communities is that they're both struggling to enjoy the mediocre product being spoon fed to them.

Which makes me the guy pimping Lucha Underground, or something.

The similarity between the wrassleGAF and AndroidGAF communities is that they're both struggling to enjoy the mediocre product being spoon fed to them.

Which makes me the guy pimping Lucha Underground, or something.

Wouldn't UFC be a more appropriate comparison?

Salsa

yeah, about the thread, idk, I really appreciate those who help with questions or talking about older phones a lot more cause otherwise this thread has been really weird for me

I guess it's more "Android News" as it is Android since all it is is reacting to the newer / higher / power user stuff as its announced and such, but it's not like its a helpful thread really, more like kinda hostile. Pretty much been ignored every time I post here with a question or something outside of one or two times in the 5 years ive been on GAF

Wreav

Banned
yeah, about the thread, idk, I really appreciate those who help with questions or talking about older phones a lot more cause otherwise this thread has been really weird for me

I guess it's more "Android News" as it is Android since all it is is reacting to the newer / higher / power user stuff as its announced and such, but it's not like its a helpful thread really, more like kinda hostile. Pretty much been ignored every time I post here with a question or something outside of one or two times in the 5 years ive been on GAF

Your questions are usually about the South American market in relation to old phones that none of us are following/interested in, so we're not the best resource?

Salsa

Your questions are usually about the South American market in relation to old phones that none of us are following/interested in, so we're not the best resource?

eh, I think at a certain point you gotta treat phones outside their price point since im ussually asking stuff stating just that; that I might not have the same alternatives so "why dont you get this instead" arent really useful

not like GAF is entirely US based either

there's some helpful people here for sure, and its not like I cant find my answer's elsewhere, it's just that I ussually still stick with GAF cause of the communtiy and this thread seems more news-based or.. current conflict-based so my posts seem like drive-by drivel

its ok that the thread's that way, just that it gets a bit harsh

Wreav

Banned
eh, I think at a certain point you gotta treat phones outside their price point since im ussually asking stuff stating just that; that I might not have the same alternatives so "why dont you get this instead" arent really useful

not like GAF is entirely US based either

It's almost like we don't know what you have access to down in your other hemisphere!

No one's ignoring you to be rude, but know your audience.

Wreav

Banned

Steve-Jobs-Laughing.jpg

Salsa

It's almost like we don't know what you have access to down in your other hemisphere!

No one's ignoring you to be rude, but know your audience.

no one in the US probably knows what carriers offer / price in Europe or Mexico or whatever else either, but at a certain point you could engage whoever's asking the questions with "hey what other stuff's available there?", for example? it depends on how much you're willing to help out, and this thread seems more about "fuck batteries on X suck shit 2GB is not enough fuck this company doing this thing or UGH that's hideous" yadda yadda

dunno, just kind of a negative harsh vibe is what i've always gotten compared to other community OTs

maybe that's just me

Yeah I always try to help people who post questions but sometimes I just don't know the answer.

Also the Z5P being 4K only for media and 1080p otherwise is great. I wish they'd do that for QHD as well.

We simply to busy to finding a flaw on every android phone instead providing helpful opinion.

to be fair, it's really easy to find flaws on android phones because in the end if it's not an iphone, well, it's not an iphone.

Sorry but that tag line is so great.

Wreav

Banned
yup. I expect USAA to support it as well, they already do face and voice login. Now that we have decent scanning and not the crappy slide scan, i expect it to take off

USAA has supported this for MONTHS, breh.

Oh.

You mean on Android.

Awkward.

Reckoner

Good phone? Don't think so. Good enough phone? Probably. I'm not sure what dirt cheap means in your country. If it's like $200 US, then probably not a terrible buy. Good thing it works though!

BTW this is pretty cool and never knew it was released too bad it's overpriced as shit.

Well, it's not exactly dirt cheap (285kCLP = 500usd app.) But compared to other phones with the same specs, it is cheap. Also, is there something I should know about this phone? Those it works and yada yada.

Just so you know, guys. A galaxy s6 is 1000usd (the 32gb one).

Wreav

Banned
The main knock on the Flex 2 is that it was the first 810 phone and the CPU throttling can get REALLY bad at times. Otherwise ok phone.

Furyous

That's all well and good, but are people really willing to pay like 100 bucks extra just for this?????

BTW this is godlike. I need to try it:

http://www.androidcentral.com/bank-america-now-lets-you-sign-android-app-your-fingerprint

Yes, I will pay $100 more for a fingerprint scanner, NFC, IR Blaster, possible removable battery, mirosd, and bluetooth 4.1. Let me unlock my apartment, television, computer, with my fingerprint scanner. Once again, off contract price absolutely justifies this IMHO.

---

Excuse my uppityness, but why did someone bring up Windows Phone? Does that person actively use muskets? If there's one thing that unites iOS and Android owners it's the absolute 'scust at Windows Phone. We over here with modern weapons like Glocks and StrykeZone crossbows while they use muskets and recurve bows made from old tree bark.

Android M needs to hurry up and come out so I can purchase a new device.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Lol at saying Samsung did 3D touch years ago. Ok, bro. Yeah, the Atrix did fingerprint scanning, too. smh

3D touch is brilliant UI. But I understand the mystery meat issue. Who knows when you have a 3d touch action. I think material design, with its layering, is a good way to get around that problem.

Yes, I will pay $100 more for a fingerprint scanner, NFC, IR Blaster, possible removable battery, mirosd, and bluetooth 4.1. Let me unlock my apartment, television, computer, with my fingerprint scanner. Once again, off contract price absolutely justifies this IMHO.

---

Excuse my uppityness, but why did someone bring up Windows Phone? Does that person actively use muskets? If there's one thing that unites iOS and Android owners it's the absolute 'scust at Windows Phone. We over here with modern weapons like Glocks and StrykeZone crossbows while they use muskets and recurve bows made from old tree bark.

Android M needs to hurry up and come out so I can purchase a new device.

Uh what I meant was the $100 premium from Z5 to Z5P but okay......

Link for HOT DEALS!

Yeah, that was what I was thinking.
What about a Zenfone 2?

I'd o ly get a zenfone 2 if you plan on rooting and getting rid of all the bloatware. I wouldn't use that phone without a custom rom. A Oneplus One is a much better option and you can get one used around $200-$250 on craigslist/swappa.

I'd o ly get a zenfone 2 if you plan on rooting and getting rid of all the bloatware. I wouldn't use that phone without a custom rom. A Oneplus One is a much better option and you can get one used around $200-$250 on craigslist/swappa.

Well, I was thinking of rooting it and installing another rom just because of the bloatware. I was aware of that.
I'm from Chile, so both Craiglist and Swappa are useless to me. Plus, the 1+1 is 32bits, I want something "future proof"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom