• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
f4jVJ.gif

Well, I was thinking of rooting it and installing another rom just because of the bloatware. I was aware of that.
I'm from Chile, so both Craiglist and Swappa are useless to me. Plus, the 1+1 is 32bits, I want something "future proof"

Zenfone will be worse for future proofing since it uses an Intel processor. I wouldn't do it.

Cipherr

I guess it's more "Android News" as it is Android since all it is is reacting to the newer

Android info news and help is the only subject I can in good conscious recommend Reddit for. Android GAF went to shit a while ago. I know people are going to take offense to it but /shrug. It's like we got high off of those snarky OT titles at some point and now nothing happens in the Android or Windows Phone threads but bitching moaning and the most advanced form of concern trolling the internet has ever seen. Even watching/discussing I/O is a labor these days. Little to no talk about substance design or changes, and instead out of left field complaining about whether the show is developer/consumer focused enough. So bizarre.

If you truly need help with software or a device and would like to get questions answered without carving through layers of sarcasm and posts about nothing, check out reddit. Specifically the sub-reddit for your specific phone/region if there is one. Beyond that for general discussion of the OS and software in general, use XDA.

SimleuqiR

This image was posted,right?

Huawei-Nexus-2015-leak_54.jpg

The front of The 5X has never been seen (renders don't count). At least the 6 looks to have very little bezel.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would've mattered if the A9 actually was a hero device. Consumers just don't seem to care for this company's mobile products, at least not in large enough numbers to make a difference. Of course, HTC holds a lot of the blame for that, but yeah.

Edit: ^ Huawei Nexus looks great. And yeah, I think it was posted before. I know the picture of the back was; can't remember if the front was.

It won't and you already know that. It's a Nexus. They have software keys.

Well we can hope. On screen buttons seem so pointless. They take up screen real estate and add nothing to the experience. One of the reasons I like Samsung and OnePlus phones. I hope they realize the Hauwei Nexus shouldn't be over $450 if the leaked specs are correct and price accordingly. The black hump won't be so bad on the back of the phone if you get the phone in black.

giga

Well we can hope. On screen buttons seem so pointless. They take up screen real estate and add nothing to the experience. One of the reasons I like Samsung and OnePlus phones. I hope they realize the Hauwei Nexus shouldn't be over $450 if the leaked specs are correct and price accordingly. The black hump won't be so bad on the back of the phone if you get the phone in black.
Who is we? Speak for yourself.

Who is we? Speak for yourself.

My friends and I that love capacitive buttons. If you don't like them that's fine and I'm sure there are alot of people out there like yourself that also don't. Just like there are millions that buy Samsung phones and love them.

To each his own. I happen to like software navigation buttons. I prefer them over capacitive and physical buttons, especially the latter (the hardware home button on Galaxies and iPhones are annoying as hell, in my opinion). Sure, it'd be nice to offer a choice like OnePlus does, but it's whatever.

HTC Aero has a 5 inch display and a 2150mah battery. That made me laugh the most (though the whole thing is funny). But look how thin it is!!!!!1

Ty4on

Capacitive buttons are like the worst of both worlds though. You hit them by accident and they don't change with orientation or software.

Drifters

If we're being honest, 3D Touch is only a thing because of iOS's inherent rigidity. They had to add more UI features, but had a limited way in which to add them, so they're essentially slapping them on top of icons and buttons. Is it the best way? Probably not. Will it greatly improve the usability of iOS for both casual and power users in an easy to use way? Seems like it.
If you have to right click.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom