• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You're saying that it will be irrelevant? Then I'll grab a 64gb 1+1 if that's true. But I want to know why.
By the time software maxes out that processor, you'll be ready for a new phone. Forget x64 requirement.

I like how this Chinese iPhone knock-off manages to make the antenna lines better looking than the iPhone.

e43966M.png

http://www.dakele.com/cola3/cola3_index.html#6

Yum. I love that they kept the soft-touch plastic for the back. It really is the Nexus 5 successor.

I'm about ready to chuck my Nexus 6 out of the window, so I hope the rumor of the 29th is legit.

Are there any reports about stains on the white back of the old Nexus 5? That picture of the white HTC One X really put me off of buying a white plastic phone forever.

hitgirl

That nexus looks pretty good. Getting my Moto X Pure today, suspect I'll only keep it for a few weeks. So I can set myself on Andoird then easily migrate over to the NExus.

Are there any reports about stains on the white back of the old Nexus 5? That picture of the white HTC One X really put me off of buying a white plastic phone forever.

A few scattered reports, but nothing as widespread as the One X. The One X used ceramic with a coating that stained easily; the white Nexus 5 used a hard plastic (it was not soft touch like the black model), which is harder to stain.

The new Nexus 5 appears to use a soft touch white, though. So, it may stain more easily.

So I've been gone for a bit, are we all agreeing the Moto X Pure is shit?

Worst phone I've ever used when I consider the yellow tinted screen, extreme heat while web browsing, and poor battery life. Maybe I got a bad one, but others are experiencing the same issues.

Reckoner

Worst phone I've ever used when I consider the yellow tinted screen, extreme heat while web browsing, and poor battery life. Maybe I got a bad one, but others are experiencing the same issues.

Moto X 2014 and Nexus 6 had the same issue. Moto can't get their shit together smh

Hasney

I've never had that stuttering audio thing in the Nexus 6, but I've never had the sound problem about some notification noises buggering up either. Wonder if there's just some bum units out there.

Moto hasn't made a good phone since the v60. I had the original Moto X and while I liked where they were going with it, the screen and camera were shit tier.
Then they just got bigger, uglier, and with even worse cameras (relative to the competition).

Moto X 2014 and Nexus 6 had the same issue. Moto can't get their shit together smh
...I'm currently using a Moto X and the only thing remotely bad is the battery life.

On that note, I'll actually have to get a new phone this year. I just dropped my phone and the screen cracked. Hopefully the Nexus will be good.

Reckoner

...I'm currently using a Moto X and the only thing remotely bad is the battery life.

On that note, I'll actually have to get a new phone this year. I just dropped my phone and the screen cracked. Hopefully the Nexus will be good.

The battery was ok honestly, but stuff like the terribly calibrated screens and cameras they put on their phones... That's pure incompetence to release a device on the market like that and charge almost flagship price.

longdi

Banned
Z5P has the largest battery capacity for a 810 phone no?
With it displaying only 1080p, it could end up having really good battery life!

The battery was ok honestly, but stuff like the terribly calibrated screens and cameras they put on their phones... That's pure incompetence to release a device on the market like that and charge almost flagship price.
Camarea is mediocre and it was one of the cheapest phoned last year.

Bought a Nexus 6 and it's arriving today. I was originally planning on waiting for the 5X reveal, but the battery in my old phone has truly taken a crap and I ended up getting a good deal on it so I caved.

Bought a Nexus 6 and it's arriving today. I was originally planning on waiting for the 5X reveal, but the battery in my old phone has truly taken a crap and I ended up getting a good deal on it so I caved.

Nothing wrong with an N6, besides the Hammer pants needed to carry it.

Kidding. Kinda. Enjoy!

Jzero

It'll slip out of your hands and you'll shatter the screen before the N5x is available, don't worry.

Mine hasn't shattered yet in the 10 months that i've owned it but god damn is this thing heavy. I don't even have small hands but it's too damn wide for me.

hitgirl

More impressions? When exactly does it gets hot? When it idles or watching a simple YouTube video?

It might have actually been because it was charging. I'm going to use it a bit tonight and will report. I really like Motos design. Their nice ones always feel rock solid and grippy. Nexus 6 felt like it was going to fly out of my hand at any given moment.

clav

It might have actually been because it was charging. I'm going to use it a bit tonight and will report. I really like Motos design. Their nice ones always feel rock solid and grippy. Nexus 6 felt like it was going to fly out of my hand at any given moment.

Were you charging the phone with quick charge?

hitgirl

Sweet. Got it activated actually, got a Verizon dude on chat to just activated my nano sim and not ask any questions.

Screen has a warm color to it. But when comparing it side by side to Nexus 6 it looks way more accurate. Warm = accurate. I have my TVs ISF calibrated and run lux on my computers, so I'd definately prefer something a bit warmer than a bluer/green screen like I see on this Nexus 6.

Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom