• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Google’s New Phones Will be Called Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P

The new phones from Google that will more than likely be announced at the end of this month, will be called the Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P, according to a reliable source. The name Nexus 5X has been in rotation around the internet for the past couple of weeks when referring to the name of the LG-made Nexus, but we now know that the Huawei model will be called the Nexus 6P.

Of course, there is always a chance that things can change between now and each phone’s announcement – which we are told should be by the end of this month – but we’d be surprised if these aren’t the final names.

We may be able to share additional info as we get closer to the event, but our source has told us that the codenames of “bullhead” and “angler” are indeed accurate, as is this leak for the LG Nexus 5X and this leak for the Huawei Nexus 6P (image on the left).

No Love

Banned
I need to upgrade my Note 3 next month.

Should I get an LG G4, Note 4 or wait and see what the 2015 Nexus' are?

Wait for October to see the new Nexus phones and some other new releases.

Also, the LG G Flex 2 is only $250 right now unlocked. Amazing price for near flagship hardware. It's essentially an LG G3.5

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Play Music 6.0 is out, and has gapless playback. Also fixes that annoying ass issue when music randomly 'stops'

5 days with my Honor 7. Not impressed by the battery life. Mobile radio is being kept active, which is a known Lollipop issue so I can't blame Huawei for that one, but the phone barely seems to sleep either which I'm going to guess is down to EMUI.

I'd love to get cyanogen or an aosp build on here because I think they battery should be capable of a lot more than its currently giving.

dubq

I had an Android OS update this week for my Nexus 5.. ever since then the battery will absolutely not charge when connected to a PC via USB. Anyone else experiencing this?

My son's 2013 Moto X on Verizon Wireless just got the 5.1 update overnight, and it's pretty nice! Looks and performs better than it did on KitKat, and here's hoping it improves the battery life. Probably going to do a factory reset on it this weekend just to be safe.

tzare

5 days with my Honor 7. Not impressed by the battery life. Mobile radio is being kept active, which is a known Lollipop issue so I can't blame Huawei for that one, but the phone barely seems to sleep either which I'm going to guess is down to EMUI.

I'd love to get cyanogen or an aosp build on here because I think they battery should be capable of a lot more than its currently giving.
I had similar issues when got my Ascend G7, but once I changed a few options that EMUI had buried somewhere inside its endless settings I am getting really good battery life

As someone who can't stand in-ear plugs, the only way to make Bluetooth acceptable is this:

CDvruR2.jpg

And even then I'd only get it for the remote buttons.

Those are cool but they wouldn't stay in during a workout

Those are cool but they wouldn't stay in during a workout

Jesus, I'm sorry. Apparently I wasn't clear enough.

That square thing is a Bluetooth transmitter where you plug in whatever headphones you like and connects to your phone. It's not a headphone model or MP3 player.

It was my fault for not posting the link with the picture, but I even said that I hate that in-ear shit, so why would I post or recommend in-ear plugs?

Can someone please try to help me. I have a K3 note and it is on a clean nexus ROM. The date is shown numerical in the quick settings bar like this:

2b8IuKt.jpg

And I want it to look normal like this:

gXu93fb.jpg

Is there someway to change it? I am rooted. Maybe a file to edit or something? I am assuming the fix would be fairly easy if I knew where to look.

hitgirl

Jesus, I'm sorry. Apparently I wasn't clear enough.

That square thing is a Bluetooth transmitter where you plug in whatever headphones you like and connects to your phone. It's not a headphone model or MP3 player.

It was my fault for not posting the link with the picture, but I even said that I hate that in-ear shit, so why would I post or recommend in-ear plugs?

It's just one of these, I don't get what the big deal is..

B001FA1NUK-1.jpg

:p Imma stop now, yea I glanced at it and was trying to think how these would be good for someone who doesn't like in ear. I even read the Sony website and didn't put it together that it could be detachable. I was being a dumbass.

Hasney

If you don't want in ear and want bluetooth, Jabra Moves are still the king. Best purchase I ever made. I don't even like the wire going into a device mind you.

hitgirl

The bose bluetooths are so damn comfortable, baller budget though. Prefer them over majority of the $300-500 ones I tried.

I use bluebuds though for majority of the time, there's something very durable feeling about them that I like. Usually they are my go to when I'm working out, doing dishes, or cleaning the car.

I need to upgrade my Note 3 next month.

Should I get an LG G4, Note 4 or wait and see what the 2015 Nexus' are?

Always safest to wait and see what the newest devices will be, if you can wait.

I've been really happy with my Note 4 (the one exception being that I can't root it since I'm on AT&T) and just got a 64GB SD card for it which is pretty great upgrade over my old 16gb card. Only thing that ever lags a bit is when I push the recent apps button, it always takes a second or two.

There's a rumour from korea that the S7 will have a magnesium alloy unibody design. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that is a metal that still supports wireless charging?

I personally don't care. Quick charging > wireless. Throw that Snapdragon 820 in there and we good.

Quasar

most devices that use IR could have switched to Bluetooth or a similar wireless protocols, but haven't, so there must be a reason for that. In fact it is easier for me since my smartphone has ir blaster to control all devices, multiple TVs, AC, AV receiver from a single device,so it makes sense to include it , at least for now.

Cheapness of hardware makers, and battery life. Though I'd think with Bluetooth LE could make a long life remote. But yeah a tv remote can last years.

Makes me wonder how the new appletv remote will go.

There's a rumour from korea that the S7 will have a magnesium alloy unibody design. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that is a metal that still supports wireless charging?

I personally don't care. Quick charging > wireless. Throw that Snapdragon 820 in there and we good.

I use wireless charging more so you are wrong.

VoxPop

That's nice. Unfortunately its like 4 years too late. Now they're playing catchup after fiddling with useless things like SD slots and scrolling with your eyes.

Who do you guys think will be the biggest Android manufacturer this time next year?

That's nice. Unfortunately its like 4 years too late. Now they're playing catchup after fiddling with useless things like SD slots and scrolling with your eyes.

Who do you guys think will be the biggest Android manufacturer this time next year?
Still samsung lol. Everyone else has such low sales theyre irrelevant. If we're talking worldwide then Huawei.

Hasney

If the S7 goes back to S5 pricing, it'll be Samsung. Hell, it'll likely be Samsung regardless, but if they still think of themselves as premium for some reason, it'll be too close to call for everyone competing for scraps. Motos shit the bed it seems, Sony has a great offering but can't get on US networks, lolHTC... So maybe LG will be the closest competitors?

Samsung will still have the biggest install base in general, so that's just based on 2016 sales.

Reckoner

Has your Android phones wiped all your offline Spotify songs randomly? I remember that annoyed me a lot while I had my Nexus 6 and it happened more than one time.

Jzero

Has your Android phones wiped all your offline Spotify songs randomly? I remember that annoyed me a lot while I had my Nexus 6 and it happened more than one time.

It happened to me but only because i accidentally tapped the "available offline" button. You may be doing the same thing.

tzare

Always safest to wait and see what the newest devices will be, if you can wait.

I've been really happy with my Note 4 (the one exception being that I can't root it since I'm on AT&T) and just got a 64GB SD card for it which is pretty great upgrade over my old 16gb card. Only thing that ever lags a bit is when I push the recent apps button, it always takes a second or two.
5.1.1 solves that. Now Note 4 is really what should've been since day one.

Drifters

It's almost like Google needs that trailer voice guy:
In a world where Smart phones have taken over, Apples are consumed daily,and fanboys cry unicorn tears of joy....Google Products, a parent company of abc.xyz present the thing you've wanted most:

/-\ |\/ D R ( ) I D 6dotOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmyyyygodddddddddddddddddddddd

Jzero

Why does there always have to be two sides for everything. I use BOTH turbo charging and Wireless charging.

I'm using this baby right now. I was using the Nokia charger that was available years go.

2 Nexus
Marshmallow Launch
ChromeCast

Throw in some Android Auto and TV in there and that'll probably be it

Others issue a press release for filler like that,

Why does there always have to be two sides for everything. I use BOTH turbo charging and Wireless charging.

I'm using this baby right now. I was using the Nokia charger that was available years go.

Because they don't know any better.

you could have linked to so many decent sites as a source for this news.

like having fixed storage AND removable storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom