• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to route text messages through Hangouts? Because there's no way I'm going to convince everybody I know to switch to Hangouts, and I can't stop them from adding me to group texts.

I don't know, whatever the default one that came with my phone was. It's just called Messaging.
most android phones you can set it as your default SMS app. you don't have to worry about getting them on there (y)

daoster

So what are everyone's thoughts on Android Pay so far?

I really like it. The little chime it makes is oddly satisfying.

The only place I've used it unsuccessfully was at Staples, but apparently they were having credit card transmission issues that day and it was fucking up everything, not just Apple/Android Pay.

Also, Citi has been added to the list of supported banks, for those who missed that news late last week.

I'm using it a lot. The fact that it counts for my reward points is good. Also, the chume is indeed satisfying. Just want Chase and Charles Schwab to support it, and I'm all in.

reKon

Banned
I knew there was a reason I don't bank with them.

The Sapphire Preferred is a really good card. I got this after I got the Chase Freedom and alternate between them during the year with Sapphire getting most of the use. I'd never open a checking account with them though. Credit union 4 life

The Sapphire Preferred is a really good card. I got this after I got the Chase Freedom and alternate between them during the year with Sapphire getting most of the use. I'd never open a checking account with them though. Credit union 4 life

I have the Chase Amazon but I only use it on Amazon. I use Discover and Citi Bank mostly for my CC needs.

VPhys

I'm going to laugh when my Moto E that I'm using right now gets Android M faster than _______. It's nice to have a near Nexus like device again. I don't really mind the specs either since it's just a back up device, but 5.1.1 does run smooth on this thing. Screen is sharp too, but the colors look like ass comparable to a nice AMOLED. The only bad thing about AMOLED's though is the pentile effect being very visible on the font when looking at dark web sites. It is pretty distracting on my Tab S2.

Moto E is a damn solid phone. I'm coming from an iphone 6 and using the Moto E as an interim device. Instead of getting the 6S I'm seriously thinking of switching back to android.

This much phone for $40 is quite amazing.

Husker86

Then why are people leasing phones if they have so much money left over after expenses?

Lots of people who are making it paycheck to paycheck.
Most of the carrier programs are a straight no-interest loan. If you're going to pay full price, it's kind of silly to not take the loan.

That said, I might be done with them simply because I want factory unlocked phones now. Still on 5.0.2 on my AT&T GS6.

Toki767

Most of the carrier programs are a straight no-interest loan. If you're going to pay full price, it's kind of silly to not take the loan.

That said, I might be done with them simply because I want factory unlocked phones now. Still on 5.0.2 on my AT&T GS6.

Supposedly the 5.1.1 version Samsung gave to AT&T failed QA. Wouldn't be surprised if AT&T just skipped 5.1.1 and went straight to 6.0 in October.

Toki767

Interesting. Though 6.0 in October sounds like a fairytale.

Yeah, October probably won't happen. Although I know with LG they completely skipped the last version of Jelly Bean and went straight to Lollipop on the G3 on AT&T as well. So I guess we'll see.

I could say a lot about the huawei nexus but no sites have reported some of it so I don't want to say anything lol too obvious to link back to me.

We just have to pray to the leak gods.
Maybe you don't actually have info!?!?!?
dun-dun-duuuuun-o.gif

Wreav

Banned
Droid-Life on the Pure:

It’s the best Android experience outside of a stock Nexus. And actually, because of features like Moto Display, it might be a better Android experience than what you get with a Nexus.

So what are everyone's thoughts on Android Pay so far?

I really like it. The little chime it makes is oddly satisfying.

The only place I've used it unsuccessfully was at Staples, but apparently they were having credit card transmission issues that day and it was fucking up everything, not just Apple/Android Pay.

Also, Citi has been added to the list of supported banks, for those who missed that news late last week.

still haven't actually used it, but i did tap a coke machine and look at the snazzy new prompt.

but i DID use CurrentC at Target today :D

Don't tease, if you can't speak about it.
I already gave pricing and the fact that the display might be amoled!

The rest is just more details on stuff we already know. Nothing worthwhile anyway. Carrier launch of mid 20s of October for Canada.

LG is the one I want leaks on most and have none. I'd agree with the Moto x thing if it were smaller and not missing fingerprint. Deal breakers are deal breakers.

reKon

Banned
I already gave pricing and the fact that the display might be amoled!

The rest is just more details on stuff we already know. Nothing worthwhile anyway. Carrier launch of mid 20s of October for Canada.

LG is the one I want leaks on most and have none. I'd agree with the Moto x thing if it were smaller and not missing fingerprint. Deal breakers are deal breakers.

are you as much of an insider as pctx was?

reKon

Banned
I actually work high up for a major carrier. And this kinda stuff comes through my view. I'd prove it to any mod if they wanted me to.

Ok cool because as we all know that he wasn't lol. Speaking of pctx, I went searched heis profile and holy shit at the post that got him perm'd. What a dumbass, lol

LCD is just better.

I wish I could comment on this. The last AMOLED device I had was the Galaxy Nexus, which had the worst screen ever. It was a total letdown after the gorgeous screen of my Zune HD. That said, I'm very happy with the screen in the Nexus 5 and don't see myself wishing for a better screen.

i'm quite interested in the moto x style. next tuesday can't come soon enough

How much is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom