• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckoner

But the battery on my Note 4 is fine. I mean my 1440p Note 4 gets the same battery life that my 720p Note II did.

I went from 720p to 1440p and the display quality difference is not negligible. It's very noticeable. I'm having no battery trade off either, so it's been a win-win for me. /shrug

But the question is

Was the difference only resolution related or was there something else? Better colors, viewing angles, etc.

Ty4on

But the battery on my Note 4 is fine. I mean my 1440p Note 4 gets the same battery life that my 720p Note II did.
And that is despite all the advantages in process node (32->14nm) and AMOLED technology. Wait...
I went from 720p to 1440p and the display quality difference is not negligible. It's very noticeable. I'm having no battery trade off either, so it's been a win-win for me. /shrug
More things than resolution changed.

3D Touch is cool, guys.

https://twitter.com/panzer/status/646424443405729792

Looking forward to something like this coming to Android.
As always I didn't read. This is gamechanging. I sometimes feel like carrying a wireless mouse because that would be way easier than the clusterfuck that is selecting and copying text on a phone.

SimleuqiR

Artem also confirmed in the Reddit thread that the Huawei final design does have the hump. He said to expect another post with more info soon. Sounds like AP got the motherload of final information, and as per usual blog posting tactics, they're going to drop it out over the next few days.

Let it trickle through until the release date.
It keeps my hype going.

Looking forward to a new phone.

Saiyan-Rox

Artem also confirmed in the Reddit thread that the Huawei final design does have the hump. He said to expect another post with more info soon. Sounds like AP got the motherload of final information, and as per usual blog posting tactics, they're going to drop it out over the next few days.

The hump is real? Hmmmm I'm still gonna hold out for proper images of the phones and hands on before my final verdict but I wasn't keen on said hump on the leaked pictures.

gcubed

The hump is real? Hmmmm I'm still gonna hold out for proper images of the phones and hands on before my final verdict but I wasn't keen on said hump on the leaked pictures.

we saw cases for the N6 that had the hump in the case, of course its real. The only hope is that if you get a black back that it isn't as hideious

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
nobody reads :p

Nobody posted a pic either

Image102-e1442965554541.jpg

I have 64gb of storage on my iphone and have only used 20 in a year. How long are yall keeping your devices lol? And what the heck are you hoarding on it? Do you need 30 movies on it and 20000 songs or something. And 100 apps? Do you never move videos elsewhere?

Cloud storage. Media streaming. Pruning. figures android users are animals though.

I hope more people share your sentiment, so that I can get in on that goodness easily on day 1.
you're onto something

reKon

Banned
I have 64gb of storage on my iphone and have only used 20 in a year. How long are yall keeping your devices lol? And what the heck are you hoarding on it? Do you need 30 movies on it and 20000 songs or something. And 100 apps? Do you never move videos elsewhere?

Cloud storage. Media streaming. Pruning. figures android users are animals though.

you're onto something

All I'm asking for is 32 GB minimum. I'm not even asking for 128 GB

you're onto something

This post is incredibly apologetic. 16GB is ridiculous in this day and age. Stop.

Quasar

Thats how I've used my 16gb nexus for years with little impact on my usage.

EmiPrime

ehhhhh

that doesn't guarantee anything. I think that every manufacturer will offer devices that give relatively better battery life once they get Android M.

If I can get good battery life out of my Nexus 5 with it's 2 year old 2300mah battery you'll be able to get good battery life out of a brand new Nexus 5X with 2700mah battery.

The M battery gains at least on stock Android are very real. Standby time is genuinely great.

This post is incredibly apologetic. 16GB is ridiculous in this day and age. Stop.
16gb is low I agree because in reality it's less. But 32 being a dealbreaker is just funny to me. I think that's a great option for a phone you realistically will not keep for terribly long.

Believe me no one is gonna get screwed more than canadians here, the 32gb version is probably going to make us bend over in cost but it's the idea that 32 is some sort of garbage that I don't agree with.

16gb is low I agree because in reality it's less. But 32 being a dealbreaker is just funny to me. I think that's a great option for a phone you realistically will not keep for terribly long.

Believe me no one is gonna get screwed more than canadians here, the 32gb version is probably going to make us bend over in cost but it's the idea that 32 is some sort of garbage that I don't agree with.
The only problem I have with storage is on my nexus 7 where I want to put a shit ton of big games on it. Other than that I've had no issues.

The only problem I have with storage is on my nexus 7 where I want to put a shit ton of big games on it. Other than that I've had no issues.
I thought about that but maybe it's just me but I only play a handful of big games at once. I remove others and just redownload in the future if I want to (which rarely happens). Then again I'm also a guy that doesn't carry much of a backlog because I like to beat things one at a time.

reKon

Banned
In terms of phone sizes, it's really just going to be 4.6 / 4.7 and 5.5 / 5.7 inches in the future for flagships huh? This blows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom