• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of phone sizes, it's really just going to be 4.6 / 4.7 and 5.5 / 5.7 inches in the future for flagships huh? This blows
I'll give samsung props if they stick with 5.1 for the S7. They really should. I'm glad the nexus 5x didn't go 5.5. 5.2 is doable for me.

I'll re-post for new page as we know that nobody reads:

ap_resize.php

That's not that good. The Nexus 6 has 3000 and it's like whatever.

Nexus 6 has a .8in bigger screen and a useless, battery-sucking QHD display.

I expect to get at least as much battery life out of the 5X, if not more due to a lower resolution, more battery efficient display + Android M.

VoxPop

6P doesn't look that bad aside from that shitty placement of the fingerprint sensor. Don't mind the hump too much.

Do you guys actually sit around marathoning movies on your phones? Why not on a TV? or tablet? or laptop? or desktop? I really can't think of a situation where I would sit around watching movies all day on my phone unless I was trapped in an elevator. And even then I can live with the 20 or so HD movies i can fit on a 32GB phone. 64GB is more than enough for me.

Music hoarding I can understand a little better but even then its ridiculous. I think I can confidently put the guys hoarding movies on their phones as the same assholes tethering internet from their phones and using up 100s of GBs on data and ruining it for everyone else.

Jzero

6P doesn't look that bad aside from that shitty placement of the fingerprint sensor. Don't mind the hump too much.

Do you guys actually sit around marathoning movies on your phones? Why not on a TV? or tablet? or laptop? or desktop? I really can't think of a situation where I would sit around watching movies all day on my phone unless I was trapped in an elevator. And even then I can live with the 20 or so HD movies i can fit on a 32GB phone. 64GB is more than enough for me.

My sister does this. I gave her a big ass tv with a Chromecast and she still watches shit on her tiny 4 inch phone. it's infuriating.

reKon

Banned

Music hoarding I can understand a little better but even then its ridiculous. I think I can confidently put the guys hoarding movies on their phones as the same assholes tethering internet from their phones and using up 100s of GBs on data and ruining it for everyone else.

4K video, high res photos and Google Music/Spotify cache. For those who do gaming, games like GTAL:SA is over 2 GB.

Again all I'm asking is for 32 GB minimum as the base if you won't offer me storage. There's no way that 32 GB of memory today is material in terms of BOD cost vs 16 GB today. I refuse to believe.

There's no way they're going to be the same price.
Yeah it's hard to tell since the 650 is canadian. And a carrier price. Maybe it'll just be marginally cheaper in the USA like 500/550/600 for the 3 models. And 399/449 for the 5x.

But I feel like 500 is a lot for a huawei phone (not because they're bad but because they usually don't charge that much) so it's really hard to say! Again for reference OP2 base model is 80 bucks more expensive here. iPhone 6s is like 200+ bucks more expensive.

I have 64gb of storage on my iphone and have only used 20 in a year. How long are yall keeping your devices lol? And what the heck are you hoarding on it? Do you need 30 movies on it and 20000 songs or something. And 100 apps? Do you never move videos elsewhere?

Cloud storage. Media streaming. Pruning. figures android users are animals though.

you're onto something

compromise after compromise for a singular vision.

almost sounds like the iWay, except even their small phone has 128GB.

VoxPop

4K video, high res photos and Google Music/Spotify cache. For those who do gaming, games like GTAL:SA is over 2 GB.

Again all I'm asking is for 32 GB minimum as the base if you won't offer me storage. There's no way that 32 GB of memory today is material in terms of BOD cost vs 16 GB today. I refuse to believe.

4K video on 720-1440p phones? You're most likely gonna move the file anyway to watch it on your 4K TV. I have over 1000 photos auto uploaded and saved to iCloud and didn't pay a cent. Same goes with Google Photos. I can't say much for the apps since I rarely game on my phone aside from Hearthstone.

While I agree 32GB should be standard, you can't really complain. Bigger storage sizes are easily available for just $50-100 more.

Also music streaming doesn't count against my data so even less a reason to have more storage than 128GB.

Fuuuuuuuuck. I accidentally ordered a Nexus 6 for $299 when I was trying out a coupon code. Cancelling on ebay seems like a pain in the ass.

I think both Nexii look really good. I've never thought humps on the back of phones looked bad. The only disappointing thing from a design standpoint with both of these are the top and bottom bezels.

OnePlus 2 is still a good phone :) They improved it even more with the latest update 2.1. It's probably the best phone out at it's price point so far this year.

VoxPop

Was there any word on the color offerings of the 6P? White or jet black would be pretty slick. Even nicer if they got rid of the Nexus logo. I just can't stand silver. I think it'll be a great replacement for my aging backup M7.

Hopefully there will be a nice case to cover up the fingerprint sensor and logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom