• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Nexus 5 have begun to turn off out of nowhere, three times in the past 30 minutes. Fully charged and was just opening Twitter and my email.

Does Android have a crash log or something that can help me find out why my phone suddenly turns off randomly?

You just have to keep on trying. I had the same error the first two times that i tried.

I've tried several times now and I still get the same message. Is it possible that when I upgraded to Lollipop that my root wasn't fully removed? Or am I just shit out of luck right now?

Shit, my music alone is about 32GB on my fucking phone's microSD card...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179671972&postcount=3178

You're like supposed to use the cloud with your infinite unlimited data allocation and 100% perfect cell coverage even when inside buildings, in airplanes, or underground in subways and everywhere else, completely negating the need for local storage! Only filthy mongrels still clamour for local storage which is always available no matter what the conditions are wherever you might be with your phone!

640k is enough for anybody
- Bill Gates

VoxPop

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179671972&postcount=3178

You're like supposed to use the cloud with your infinite unlimited data allocation and 100% perfect cell coverage even when inside buildings, in airplanes, or underground in subways and everywhere else, completely negating the need for local storage! Only filthy mongrels still clamour for local storage which is always available no matter what the conditions are wherever you might be with your phone!

640k is enough for anybody
- Bill Gates

Most if not all music streaming apps have an offline mode lol.

Most if not all music streaming apps have an offline mode lol.

Wow, the cloud must truly be magical to negate the need for having local storage to store music you download from Google Play Music or whatever streaming service you use. No wonder the cloud makes the Xbox One 54,673 times more powerful than the PS4 which has no cloud!

Kuros

My Nexus 5 have begun to turn off out of nowhere, three times in the past 30 minutes. Fully charged and was just opening Twitter and my email.

Does Android have a crash log or something that can help me find out why my phone suddenly turns off randomly?

It's probably a sticky power button. I RMAed mine because of it.

VoxPop

Wow, the cloud must truly be magical to negate the need for having local storage to store music you download from Google Play Music or whatever streaming service you use. No wonder the cloud makes the Xbox One 54,673 times more powerful than the PS4 which has no cloud!

Who said it did? 32-64GB is still more than enough to satisfy peoples needs for storage. Not everyone wants to carry 32GB of music with them at all times. Hell, I don't even know anyone who has more than 10GB of music or even downloads music anymore. And for those that do, the option of offline streaming is there. Or you know, higher storage options. Yeah, a PS4 cloud service would be dope. If you feel like sitting there listening to 30GB+ worth of music, you should probably get a better music player than a phone.

tzare

I have 64gb of storage on my iphone and have only used 20 in a year. How long are yall keeping your devices lol? And what the heck are you hoarding on it? Do you need 30 movies on it and 20000 songs or something. And 100 apps? Do you never move videos elsewhere?

Cloud storage. Media streaming. Pruning. figures android users are animals though.

you're onto something

you go for a trip or vacations, you are out for 15 days or a month, you take our music and maybe a few movies with you and take a few pictures and vids some of them 4k or slow-mo.... there you have it.
SD is necessary even if it is as just temporary backup on your phone. I use my note 4's internal for taking pictures, SD to store Google Play pinned Music and a few movies.

And i don't play on my phone, imagine if you have a few of those big games....
My current situation is 32GB internal + 32GB SD, , 16GB left on each. I could have gone for a 64GB version, but that would've cost me much more than my actual solution.

Who said it did? 32-64GB is still more than enough to satisfy peoples needs for storage. Not everyone wants to carry 32GB of music with them at all times. Hell, I don't even know anyone who has more than 10GB of music or even downloads music anymore. And for those that do, the option of offline streaming is there. Or you know, higher storage options. Yeah, a PS4 cloud service would be dope. If you feel like sitting there listening to 30GB+ worth of music, you should probably get a better music player than a phone.

I find this whole post hilarious when you claim you don't know anyone who carries 32 GB of music with them at all times, when you already know two just from this thread. I wonder how many more people are out there who carry a lot of media around on their devices? I bet there are a lot considering just how many people now use their phones and tablets as their primary media consumption devices these days.

The fact that Followers of the iWay have a 128GB option on their devices should be a blindingly obvious sign there's a lot of people out there like this. Apple wouldn't be offering 128GB if no one wanted it, and this is in fact the second year Apple is offering it which means people bought it the first year so it was worth offering it again.

Hasney

I have 64gb of storage on my iphone and have only used 20 in a year. How long are yall keeping your devices lol? And what the heck are you hoarding on it? Do you need 30 movies on it and 20000 songs or something. And 100 apps? Do you never move videos elsewhere?

Cloud storage. Media streaming. Pruning. figures android users are animals though.

you're onto something

If I didn't have the glory of unlimited data, I would have to have at least 64GB and even that was a challenge. Fuck moving songs on and off the device. Just have them all there ready to shuffle.

tzare

I find this whole post hilarious when you claim you don't know anyone who carries 32 GB of music with them at all times, when you already know two just from this thread. I wonder how many more people are out there who carry a lot of media around on their devices? I bet there are a lot considering just how many people now use their phones and tablets as their primary media consumption devices these days.

The fact that Followers of the iWay have a 128GB option on their devices should be a blindingly obvious sign there's a lot of people out there like this. Apple wouldn't be offering 128GB if no one wanted it, and this is in fact the second year Apple is offering it which means people bought it the first year so it was worth offering it again.

in fact most 'normal' users do not fucking use the cloud or don't even know how to connect smartphones to a PC (or even do not have a PC) so it is the only device they have and all data is stored in it.
My mother,other relatives, my neighbours, most real world around me don't fucking know what dropbox or Photos is about, or have limited data plans. They just carry local music on their phones and store the photos from 2 years ago.
LAst time my mother changed her phone, about 18 months ago, all her music and pictures were in her 64GB SD. Just put it in new phone. Done.

kami_sama

in fact most 'normal' users do not fucking use the cloud or don't even know how to connect smartphones to a PC (or even do not have a PC) so it is the only device they have and all data is stored in it.
My mother,other relatives, my neighbours, most real world around me don't fucking know what dropbox or Photos is about, or have limited data plans. They just carry local music on their phones and store the photos from 2 years ago.

Well, this phone is not aimed for these people. Either way, I don't want to rely in a data connection (wifi or mobile) to get full use of the storage.

Jzero

I know what the 6P stands for now:

QaS8FmD.jpg

http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/worldwide/p8/

It has the same black bar

They better have some of the Mate S features instead of the P series features (i want to weigh my cupcakes too).

tzare

Well, this phone is not aimed for these people. Either way, I don't want to rely in a data connection (wifi or mobile) to get full use of the storage.

yes and no. Nexus have been always focused to a certain audience, but since nexus 6 was included in some carrier's plans, and maybe these new nexus are too, 'normal' people may be potential users. THis also applies to iphones and those shitty 16gb expensive models some people buy subsidised from carriers because are cool to own.

ANd i find hilarious people talking about unlimited data and such.... you know, even if you are in that situation,again, only a few people have those plans, it may happen that data connection is bad so you have no music, zero, nein, or you will be sucking battery life thing that happens when you stream data all the time, much more than reading a file from local storage. Then we shit on oems because they reduced batteries 100mAh compared to last year's model.

VoxPop

Unknown Soldier said:

I'm talking about people I actually know in person. I'm friends with a couple of music engineers and even they dont even carry music on their phones and use streaming unless it's their own stuff which they mostly keep on soundcloud. Yeah I'm sure there are people out there who carry a ton of media but like I said, they are a minority like the people who use their unlimited data plans for tethering full time. There are plenty of people who buy bigger storage (like the 128GB) just to have it like I did with my 64GB phone despite having only used 12GB of the available 55.6. No one out there is dying because there are no SD slots on their phone. It's just a minor convenience.

yes and no. Nexus have been always focused to a certain audience, but since nexus 6 was included in some carrier's plans, and maybe these new nexus are too, 'normal' people may be potential users. THis also applies to iphones and those shitty 16gb expensive models some people buy subsidised from carriers because are cool to own.

ANd i find hilarious people talking about unlimited data and such.... you know, even if you are in that situation,again, only a few people have those plans, it may happen that data connection is bad so you have no music, zero, nein, or you will be sucking battery life thing that happens when you stream data all the time, much more than reading a file from local storage. Then we shit on oems because they reduced batteries 100mAh compared to last year's model.

so use the 32-128GB of storage already on the phone or just buy one with a SD slot?

I know what the 6P stands for now:

QaS8FmD.jpg

http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/worldwide/p8/

It has the same black bar

They better have some of the Mate S features instead of the P series features (i want to weigh my cupcakes too).

Pack it up folks. Highway wins this year.

tzare

I'm talking about people I actually know in person. I'm friends with a couple of music engineers and even they dont even carry music on their phones and use streaming unless it's their own stuff which they mostly keep on soundcloud. Yeah I'm sure there are people out there who carry a ton of media but like I said, they are a minority like the people who use their unlimited data plans for tethering full time. There are plenty of people who buy bigger storage (like the 128GB) just to have it like I did with my 64GB phone despite having only used 12GB of the available 55.6. No one out there is dying because there are no SD slots on their phone. It's just a minor convenience.

so use the 32-128GB of storage already on the phone or just buy one with a SD slot?

Pack it up folks. Highway wins this year.

The same way nobody is dying because no fingerprint scanner, 3d force or whatever tech you wish to put in a list.

If i only used internal storage (if i had a note 5, instead of my Note 4, for example, no SD following the stupid no external storage way lead by Apple & Google) i i would only have maybe.... 1GB left, so no way. Also buying 32GB or more for +100€? lol i am not stupid.
So yes, i will skip this year's note because of that. Next year we will see. MAybe apple can survive with their shitty policies, but Samsung is starting to struggle.
As for nexus, well, i do not expect changes regarding storage, maybe pricing may help getting 64/128GB versions, but it looks N5 is out of luck....

Bloodember

That hump will probably not be so noticible with a black model.
It's still there, just because it's black doesn't change anything.

I keep more than 32GB of music on my device at all times. Of course most of my music I keep on my DAP.

Hahahahahaha
Artem confirmed 16 and 32gb for Nexus 5x and 32, 64, and 128 gb for 6P. Also 810 for 6p and 808 for 5X.
Ahem, how do you like your crow served? Any favorite drinks for the crow? :)))

But i admit, my prediction of 32GB / 64GB on the N5X was wrong, so there's that.

Didn't all leaks independently said it's 3GB? How reliable is this (indian?) site?

kami_sama

is that reliable? 808 isn't a quadcore processor, it is hexacore

It has also an additional processors spec, with the A57 in there. Also, it comes from amazon India :(

But i admit, my prediction of 32GB / 64GB on the N5X was wrong, so there's that.

Didn't all leaks independently said it's 3GB? How reliable is this (indian?) site?

It comes from amazon India:
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B015ML152I/
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B015ML0Y7U/
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B015ML12US/
Also it comes in black, white and blue.

tzare

kami_sama

Well, even Amazon isn't safe from wrong details/infos ... so there's still a (slight) chance for the 3GB leaks to be true.

Crazy Buttocks on an Android, you are our only hope, share some leaks about this! ^^

It's my only hope for this phone. If this leaks is true I'm going to buy a Mi4c and wait for the next year's phones with the 620 or the 820..

Saiyan-Rox

5X to have 2GB Ram? Damn if true

The new pic of the 6P doesnt look too bad really but at that angle the hump isnt too noticeable.

But I'll end up buying one and I know it

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
6P looks p alright, actually. I hated it at first but it's an interesting design. I'm a fan.

Groof

If you got some Innis&Gunn that would go well with it.

The X style is looking like the better option at the moment. Dammit Google.

roytheone

I have had my trusty old Galaxy S3 for about three years now, but I think it is time to start looking for potentially a new phone. My budget is about 300-350 €. What are the best options right now? Or should I wait a bit so see how those new nexus phones turn out?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I have had my trusty old Galaxy S3 for about three years now, but I think it is time to start looking for potentially a new phone. My budget is about 300-350 €. What are the best options right now? Or should I wait a bit so see how those new nexus phones turn out?
Nexus 6.

kami_sama

The Nexus 6 is not as cheap in Europe. I don't think I've ever seen it go below 500€.
Also, I would say the Honor 7. You can get it for about 300€ and has good specs, but almost no del support.

tzare

last year flagship

Note 4, nexus 6...if smaller z3

Honor 7 seems legit too. A Gaffer has it , invoke him to ask for impressions

Those 5x specs from India are sketchy as fuck. First off, the dimensions are WAYYYYY off for a 5.2 inch phone. 154mm tall? WTF lol that doesn't even make sense. And also Android Police says the 2gb of RAM conflicts with their source. Also conflicts with all recent leaks.

And I like how some sites are posting those dimensions as if it's fact because americans don't understand the metrix system. If this thing is 154mm tall it's one of the worst designed phones of all time lol. For reference the X Style is 153.9mm tall....at 5.7 inches.

Saiyan-Rox

Those 5x specs from India are sketchy as fuck. First off, the dimensions are WAYYYYY off for a 5.2 inch phone. 154mm tall? WTF lol that doesn't even make sense. And also Android Police says the 2gb of RAM conflicts with their source. Also conflicts with all recent leaks.

Could be 2GB for the 16GB storage model and 3GB for the 32GB model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom