• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be 2GB for the 16GB storage model and 3GB for the 32GB model?
I wouldn't put it past LG to do that.

That part is up in the air but I really don't see how the phone is 154mm tall lol. Unless these are some of the biggest bezels on any phone of all time. In fact it's just as tall and just as wide as the Moto X style according to those dimensions hahaha. I just don't see it.

Those 5x specs from India are sketchy as fuck. First off, the dimensions are WAYYYYY off for a 5.2 inch phone. 154mm tall? WTF lol that doesn't even make sense. And also Android Police says the 2gb of RAM conflicts with their source. Also conflicts with all recent leaks.
CBOAA haveth spoken!

Back to being serious, there are enough possible explanations for the 2GB specs from Amazon India to be incorrect.
I like how Android Police speculated that the 16GB variant could have 2GB, the 32GB variant 3GB instead, if Amazons specs are indeed correct. They do show only the 16GB variants, after all.

Going to be one fun ride until next tuesday. And then the good old "play store is getting hammered to the point of no return" after the event next week .... aaaaah yes, fun times.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Less than a week. Exciting times. Then we wait for IO. That's kind of sad to think about. This time of the year is our Christmas, Android GAF.

roytheone

The Nexus 6 is not as cheap in Europe. I don't think I've ever seen it go below 500€.
Also, I would say the Honor 7. You can get it for about 300€ and has good specs, but almost no del support.

The nexus 6 is actually 420 € here in the Netherlands, but it is a bit big for my taste. The honor 7 does look very interesting, will defiantly consider it.

last year flagship

Note 4, nexus 6...if smaller z3

Honor 7 seems legit too. A Gaffer has it , invoke him to ask for impressions

That one still costs 500 € here, so not an option unfortunately.

Saiyan-Rox

I really hope that's not the case, as I don't need more than 16 GB and the 5X is already enough of a side grade.

Yeah I really don't need the space other as I just stream everything through my network and pictures upload too but I can see it being others want.

Hopefully Amazom was just wrong.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Got another Zenpad update. Sweet. Wonder what this one does. It said Stagefright but so did the last one. Eh.

I need that M already.

Pachimari

Guys, my LG G3 won't start up and is stock at the LG boot up logo all of a sudden. I have tried the following but it doesn't work:

To perform a master reset using the hardware keys, follow these steps:
Back up all data on the internal memory.
Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys on the back of the device.
When the LG logo appears, release and then re-hold the Power key while continuing to hold the Volume down key.

LG Guide to master reset

What am I supposed to do? I'm without a phone right now.

Those 5x specs from India are sketchy as fuck. First off, the dimensions are WAYYYYY off for a 5.2 inch phone. 154mm tall? WTF lol that doesn't even make sense. And also Android Police says the 2gb of RAM conflicts with their source. Also conflicts with all recent leaks.

And I like how some sites are posting those dimensions as if it's fact because americans don't understand the metrix system. If this thing is 154mm tall it's one of the worst designed phones of all time lol. For reference the X Style is 153.9mm tall....at 5.7 inches.

The fact that there's no mention at all of the fingerprint scanner is also suspicious.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5’s screen-off Memo feature gets ported to Note 3, Note 4 and Note Edge

And now you can get it on your older Note devices if you aren’t interested in upgrading to a Note 5. The work was done by one astute XDA member who was able to port it to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. The app also apparently works just fine on a Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge or S6 Edge Plus, but as you know those phones don’t have S-Pens so there’s no way to automatically launch the app without turning the display on.

XDA thread

What advantages does fingerprinter scanners provide? I currently do not see the appeal of them.

Android Pay, which is completely useless outside the US market or if you don't want to pay with your phone.

And it might unlock your phone faster, because it skips the pattern or pin, which is convenient.

But a must have killer feature? I don't know.

Pachimari

Guys, my LG G3 won't start up and is stock at the LG boot up logo all of a sudden. I have tried the following but it doesn't work:

What am I supposed to do? I'm without a phone right now.

Can anyone help me with this?
I let it stay at the LG boot up logo, and then in a matter of minutes or an hour, it says my battery is drained. With 3 batteries now.

The thing is, that my phone won't boot up past the LG logo.

So the Nexus 6 seller didn't respond to my cancellation request yet, but they did send me an email asking if I wanted an extended warranty -_- I know they are going to end up shipping this thing to me.

Massa

I let it stay at the LG boot up logo, and then in a matter of minutes or an hour, it says my battery is drained. With 3 batteries now.

You should be able to boot into recovery mode. Check out some youtube videos to make sure you're doing it correctly, it can be finicky on LG devices. If that doesn't do try looking up how to use LG's Flashtool to flash a firmware in download mode.

No Love

Banned

Can you get into recovery at the logo?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
ap_resize.php

The Nexus 6P isn't as mysterious as it was yesterday thanks to the leaked image and the picture of the box we posted earlier, but what about color choices? We've got that covered. Above you can see the four color options for the Huawei Nexus.

So we've got white, black, gold, and aluminum/silver (I'm sure they'll have fancy names). The image above doesn't show much difference between the white and aluminum variants (aluminum on the left, white on the right), but they probably look more different in real life. Do note also that of the four colors, the gold version may be exclusive to some markets. There might be other colors available at launch or some time later (hello, red Nexus 5), but this is all we can confirm for now.

Presumably the front of all four devices will be the same plain black as it has been with previous Nexus devices. The white phone we posted earlier still had the black screen bezel. The black one might be the one to go with as the weird bar at the top blends in better.

colors are ick

Arthos

My Xperia Z1s is slowly dying on me. Damn battery drains once it reaches 50%. I'm thinking of just upgrading now rather than waiting till later. Any phones worth looking into?

hitgirl

So these Nexus phones just look cheap . They look like sub $400-450 phones. But I remember seeing the price was rumored to be fairly high on the Nexus 5? I know you get more bang for you buck from Moto than Google, but still.

Pachimari

You should be able to boot into recovery mode. Check out some youtube videos to make sure you're doing it correctly, it can be finicky on LG devices. If that doesn't do try looking up how to use LG's Flashtool to flash a firmware in download mode.

Can you get into recovery at the logo?

I just got into the recovery mode, where I said it should delete and restart everything, and now there's a android logo and a wheel going around. It have been there for half an hour now, can it take a long time to recover?

VoxPop

What advantages does fingerprinter scanners provide? I currently do not see the appeal of them.

Easier use of Android Pay.

Not having to put in passwords for apps. Awesome on Chase and Evernote.

Using your fingerprint to make purchases instead of typing your password on the App Store or stores.

Never having to put a PIN/Pattern to unlock your screen and its instant unlock.

Locking down apps/photos for privacy.

Been using it for the past 2-3 years. I honestly can't live without it anymore.

theverge (dot) com/2015/9/23/9381325/apple-bias-iphone-reviews-day

The funny thing is that everyone's right. Readers are right to claim that the iPhone is treated differently from other smartphones, and reviewers are correct in doing so. Apple makes more in quarterly profit than many of its mobile competitors are worth, and the success and failure of its smartphone plays a large role in shaping the fate of multiple related industries. The iPhone is reviewed like a transcendental entity that's more than just the sum of its metal, plastic, and silicon parts, because that's what it is.

Easier use of Android Pay.

Not having to put in passwords for apps. Awesome on Chase and Evernote.

Using your fingerprint to make purchases instead of typing your password on the App Store or stores.

Never having to put a PIN/Pattern to unlock your screen and its instant unlock.

Locking down apps/photos for privacy.

Been using it for the past 2-3 years. I honestly can't live without it anymore.

Does Android Pay even support fingerprint right now? My S6 doesn't give the option of fingerprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom