• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoxPop

No one is surprised.

Good luck with your software updates, customer support and overall reliability.

To be fair, I dont think you get that with any Android phone.

I much prefer the hump of the 6P than the ant hill camera on the 5X. I do like the black finish on the 6P but can't get over that nexus logo and fingerprint scanner in the back. Nothing a case can't fix though.

Pachimari

My LG G3 is still trying to recover.
I have no idea what has happened to it. I have done nothing.

It ran out of battery, so I go change for another battery as usual, and when I started it up the next time, it didn't wanna boot.

Is it completely dead for no apparent reason?

ldvlTUC.jpg

It looks a bit cheap and plasticy.

Don't understand the hate for the 6P though. That thing looks like it's from the future.

I kind of like that shade of blue for the 5x. Decisions decisions. But yeah now that we know the 26th looks like the launch of the 6P I hope the 5X is faster than that.

Saiyan-Rox

AP are killing it today, dayum.

As for the 6P if I was to get one it would be black or at a push silver. Gold always looks tacky imo and a bit douchie

Saiyan-Rox

Did you update your OP2 to 2.1 yet? I got mine today but can't play with it until after work.

Aye I did and tbh I feel the Fingerprint scanner isn't as fast as it was before the update apart from that it's a shit update overall adding stuff that is useless to me.

I also dig the black 6P and I dig the simplicity of the 5X design. These devices look good. And they're nexuses!

After last years abomination I'm glad google came around. It's a shame qualcomm shit the bed but they look like great phones that will definitely last us the year at the least.

Excite+1

Aye I did and tbh I feel the Fingerprint scanner isn't as fast as it was before the update apart from that it's a shit update overall adding stuff that is useless to me.

I've heard it improved the camera alot. I might sell this one too, but resale market crashed so I'll probably only make $30 or $40 profit.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I also dig the black 6P and I dig the simplicity of the 5X design. These devices look good. And they're nexuses!

After last years abomination I'm glad google came around. It's a shame qualcomm shit the bed but they look like great phones that will definitely last us the year at the least.

Excite+1
Definitely thinking of this as a one year phone for now. I need to upgrade and the 5X is the best option for me but feeling pretty bleh about it right now.

Definitely thinking of this as a one year phone for now. I need to upgrade and the 5X is the best option for me but feeling pretty bleh about it right now.

I generally upgrade every year especially if I buy off contract but yeah the snapdragon 820 and whatnot is too good to pass up.

Jigolo

If the 5X has the same camera as the G4 I might have to cave and upgrade. My N5 camera lens is so scratched up and dirty on the inside that it makes the front facing camera look better than it. But damn. Those bezels.

It feels like these devices were just kind of whiped up in a week or so. Please for the love of God, Google. Fix those damn bezels for next year. >77% s-t-b ratio

Saiyan-Rox

I've heard it improved the camera alot. I might sell this one too, but resale market crashed so I'll probably only make $30 or $40 profit.

Aye it did but camera stuff doesn't interest me in the slightest tbh I never use it. I might just need to rescan my fingerprints actually thinking about it because I did when the 2.0.2 hit in order to see a difference.

Serious question here btw lads. A store in town is selling a brand new V3 Google Glass with frames included for £255

I've got 80 quid in paypal already which would bring it down and i'm seriously tempted even if it's just as a collectors thing

Someone talk me out of it.

Toki767

Kind of curious how that fingerprint scanner on the back will work with Android Pay.

It seems like it would be awkward tapping your phone to terminal, and then scrambling for the fingerprint scanner in the back. The way Apple and Samsung did it with it in the front makes way more sense.

Kind of curious how that fingerprint scanner on the back will work with Android Pay.

It seems like it would be awkward tapping your phone to terminal, and then scrambling for the fingerprint scanner in the back. The way Apple and Samsung did it with it in the front makes way more sense.

The scanner on the back is a shit placement, no matter what.

linkboy

It's on the back since nexus phones dont have physical buttons like Samsung, Apple and the OP2 do.

That's the price we pay for the dual-speaker crowd to get what they want.

Well that and overly large bezels to compensate for those speakers.

Neither is something I really want, so now I get the worst of both worlds. A stupid scanner on the back and two large front facing speakers that increase the bezel. Great.

gcubed

ugh, that nexus 6P is so damn ... i dont even know what to say about it. We shall see what happens on the 29th and if Google shows me anything worthwhile to get one. Its either that or the 6S+

Those bezels

linkboy

I have no idea how to do full reflashes. I'm basically a mainstream consumer when it comes to Android. :(

[edit]
And now it is just stuck at the LG logo again.

With the nexus phones it's easy, I'm not sure about LG's phones since the only phones I've had from them are the nexus 4 and 5.

It's not booting up because your system partition (where the OS is stored) got screwed up somehow. You can't write to it without root access, so it might be a hardware issue.

Amazon India specs confirmed said:
The Nexus 5X will feature a 5.2-inch Full HD display, a 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 MSM8992 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 2700 mAh battery, a 12.3 MP main camera, and a 5 MP front camera. These are all specs listed in the three listings, and they seem very credible at this point. Assuming they are correct, the Nexus 5X will be a rather heavy 177 grams at dimensions of 15.4 x 1 x 7.6 cm.

Lol that's crap. That's a 5.5 inch sized phone. 2gb of ram is also a joke if they are really trying to charge $400.

Pachimari

With the nexus phones it's easy, I'm not sure about LG's phones since the only phones I've had from them are the nexus 4 and 5.

It's not booting up because your system partition (where the OS is stored) got screwed up somehow. You can't write to it without root access, so it might be a hardware issue.

Really?

I didn't even root my phone at any point, and didn't install malware apps or anything.

When I start it up, there are horizontal lines for a split-second before the LG logo appears.

To be fair, I dont think you get that with any Android phone.

I much prefer the hump of the 6P than the ant hill camera on the 5X. I do like the black finish on the 6P but can't get over that nexus logo and fingerprint scanner in the back. Nothing a case can't fix though.

I mean when you buy direct from google you get great updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom