• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyan-Rox

Madridista,

The LG software looks similar to Samsung's ODIN, which I had issues with trying to set up. Contrary to instructions, I could only get the phone to recognize if it booted into download mode directly from the reboot menu, which kept the phone on and "recognized in the odin software. if I powered the phone down or used the buttons to initiate the mode it would not detect. Have you tried that?

He can't boot

reKon

Banned
Even though they're not going to do this, if Google announced an insanely good price on the 32GB Nexus 5X and the battery life on Android M actually tested well, I would be a little bitch and sell my Xperia Z3 Compact lol.

Saiyan-Rox

ugh...... either n5x, X style or just stick with my n5 for another year.

I think it can be fixed in the kernel so there's a chance it doesnt have the issue

But for some reason no one ever talks about this kinda issue. My N5 had it too and not 1 review ever mentioned it.

Check this shit out...although, they show it using an iPhone, and I thought the iOS NFC was too tied down for this...

This is the real deal, and I want more of this integration going forward. Cell phones as tiny internet browsers are over.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...th-new-digital-key-to-let-you-into-your-room/

it uses Bluetooth

The smartphone-based keys use Bluetooth technology inside the handsets to unlock the doors, and require the user to open the app and put their phone next to the panel of the door.
http://fortune.com/2015/08/11/hilton-smartphone-keys/

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Reckoner

My Xperia Z1s is slowly dying on me. Damn battery drains once it reaches 50%. I'm thinking of just upgrading now rather than waiting till later. Any phones worth looking into?

If you liked your Z1, the Z5 is coming out soon and looks really good imo.

Camera humps, camera humps everywhere

My lovely phone humps

Nexus fever. I don't think the 6P is at all an upgrade from the 6. But I'm still excited for it. It looks p good.

I'll get it in white. It looks like the damn Wall-E robot.

lmao

oh snap.

XDA user's wife got her Note 4 screen cracked and filed a claim to get a replacement. she got a Note 5. she's ok with it, but some XDA peeps are scared as fuck now. and i bet others are scheming on dat low cost upgrade...

SimleuqiR

Check this shit out...although, they show it using an iPhone, and I thought the iOS NFC was too tied down for this...

This is the real deal, and I want more of this integration going forward. Cell phones as tiny internet browsers are over.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...th-new-digital-key-to-let-you-into-your-room/

So it's using the August Smart Lock?

http://www.august.com/

My friend installed it in his studio and loves it.
Anyone with a Bluetooth enable phone can use a temporary key that he sends them to get in.

This is probably a good investment for those AirBNBing their places.

What form of Bluetooth requires very near proximity? Sounds weird.

BLE has that 'proximity' capability that's used in several 'beacon' systems. they probably just set it up to only work in close proximity because it makes 'sense' for the user to unlock by actually going up to the door and doing something. pure UX reasons i'm guessing.

Groof

I think it can be fixed in the kernel so there's a chance it doesnt have the issue

But for some reason no one ever talks about this kinda issue. My N5 had it too and not 1 review ever mentioned it.

Oh yeah now that you mention it that does happen. a lot.

Even though they're not going to do this, if Google announced an insanely good price on the 32GB Nexus 5X and the battery life on Android M actually tested well, I would be a little bitch and sell my Xperia Z3 Compact lol.
Don't fight it man. Even if you have to pay a tiny premium it's for the quick updates and whatnot!

VoxPop

Sounds like a terrible trade off but if you do end up doing that, I'll gladly buy that Z3C off you :)

Pachimari

Google man. Most people are down to help out for a post or two, but I doubt people are interested in providing tech support for much more then that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WgXuxDbmbc

http://lgg3root.com/lg-g3-root/how-to-unrootunbrick-lg-g3/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2799647

But that is the exact guide I'm already using and it doesn't work.

I just tried again, doing what he does in the video step by step, and it fails 17 seconds in with this message:

"Communication Fail with device."

But that is the exact guide I'm already using and it doesn't work.
I haven't been following your entire saga but when you're stuck in a boot loop or a certain screen there's really not much you can do other than try to boot into recovery mode and factory reset.

When did you get the phone and how?

Pachimari

I haven't been following your entire saga but when you're stuck in a boot loop or a certain screen there's really not much you can do other than try to boot into recovery mode and factory reset.
When did you get the phone and how?
I got the phone a year ago. I have never rooted, flashed or done anything. I just changed the battery and then I were stuck at the start up LG logo.

Try to root and install a custom kernel.
I really have no idea how to do this.

Is this guide the same as the one you're using Madridista? I can't tell http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2785089

I am using this guide. :)

DagsJT

Yep, planning on doing the same.

Saiyan-Rox

I got the phone a year ago. I have never rooted, flashed or done anything. I just changed the battery and then I were stuck at the start up LG logo.

try the XDA guide instead if the other one doesn't work and uninstall all drivers for the LG via the device manager to start fresh.

try the one I linked, it's newer and you never know :p

Sucks you're not under warranty anymore. That's why I stick to nexus. Odds of this happening is low and if it happens it's easier to flash shit.

Pachimari

try the XDA guide instead if the other one doesn't work and uninstall all drivers for the LG via the device manager to start fresh.

try the one I linked, it's newer and you never know :p

Sucks you're not under warranty anymore. That's why I stick to nexus. Odds of this happening is low and if it happens it's easier to flash shit.

I'm looking at it now.
But how do I uninstall all drivers in the device manager?

Hey guys heard you like HTC phones, here is the A9 aka the hero phone. From evleaks.

CPnrIjHWEAERhoR.jpg:large

for those who forget the specs:

HTC One A9 (Hima Aero): SD617, 5" FHD AMOLED, 2GB/16GB, 13MP/4UP OIS BSI, 2150mAh, microSD, fingerprint, metal, ~7mm, 6 colors. November.

Yes that's a screen the same size as the nexus 5 with a smaller battery than the nexus 5. Let that sink in.

Pachimari

I'm trying with a .kdz file instead of .tot this time.

As for the above HTC, I'm not too fond of the design, but the deep garnet color is very nice.

VoxPop

Hey guys heard you like HTC phones, here is the A9 aka the hero phone. From evleaks.

Yes that's a screen the same size as the nexus 5 with a smaller battery than the nexus 5. Let that sink in.

If it's not an iPhone, it's not an iPhone™

HTC really blew it after a wonderful M7 release. They will probably not be around this time next year at this rate.

I always hated those hideous Sense icons as well.

Pachimari

Okay, that XDA guide failed me as well.
Maybe because I haven't uninstalled any LG drivers in the device manager. I can't find any.

Saiyan-Rox

Okay, that XDA guide failed me as well.
Maybe because I haven't uninstalled any LG drivers in the device manager. I can't find any.

when you plug in your LG is it not on the device manager? Oh wait hang on they yellow triangle was always there wasn't it even after the other drivers?

Pachimari

I already tried that, but it surely have something to do with the drivers.

I honestly think I'm gonna give up now. I'm just mind blown as to how the phone can brick itself all of a sudden and not work. :(

Saiyan-Rox

I already tried that, but it surely have something to do with the drivers.

I honestly think I'm gonna give up now. I'm just mind blown as to how the phone can brick itself all of a sudden and not work. :(

Yeah the computer can't seem to contact the phone which means drivers.

I'm free atm and can use teamviewer if you like? lets me control your computer from here.

CronoShot

Beyond the terrible specs and clear iPhone "inspiration", they still have the HTC chin bar (only slightly more hidden).

LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom