• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, guys. HTC will be back.

f704c7h.png

Don't worry, guys. HTC will be back.

f704c7h.png
This was from evleaks, right? I wonder if it really was an actual design HTC was considering/prototyping and they cheaped out and went with the same design as the M7/M8, or if ev got played by a source.

I'm gonna say it was a real thing since it shares similarities with the Nexus 9.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
KYVPN27.jpg

- Me, when those who dislike the N6P look inevitably change their mind

This was from evleaks, right? I wonder if it really was an actual design HTC was considering/prototyping and they cheaped out and went with the same design as the M7/M8, or if ev got played by a source.

I'm gonna say it was a real thing since it shares similarities with the Nexus 9.

Didn't one of their product designers leave or get fired or something? Could have been that person's prototype or something.

Talon

Didn't one of their product designers leave or get fired or something? Could have been that person's prototype or something.
Their head of design left in a huff and went to that Nextbit bullshit kickstarter phone company. He was only there for about 2.5 years though - acquisition of an external firm that helped on the design of the M7.

Reckoner

if Sony released their new skin already I'd consider it a must have but I'm still really turned off by it. Does sound like a pretty good phone though.

That's so close to stock that doesn't bother me at all. But their new skin is an improvement, for sure. I think it's good looking as it is now, though.

EmiPrime

That's so close to stock that doesn't bother me at all. But their new skin is an improvement, for sure. But I think it's good looking as it is now.

Their skin isn't at all offensive but they can be so slow to update their devices. I wouldn't want to wait 5-6 months to get 6.0. Hopefully their Android concept thing will speed things up.

Hey guys heard you like HTC phones, here is the A9 aka the hero phone. From evleaks.

for those who forget the specs:

Yes that's a screen the same size as the nexus 5 with a smaller battery than the nexus 5. Let that sink in.

if Verizon gets that, you think they'd get top billing or just have a Verizon button right below the HTC logo?

I dunno why, but I'm kinda feelin' this phone.
stupid curved screen, too thick, slider in 2015 is ridiculous, they'll probably take too long to update, blackberry apps/hub integrated into the OS...nothx.

For the HTC phone the Verizon logo will be watermarked on every photo you take with the phone.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Someone lock this thread until the Nexus event.

Jigolo

The reason Sony devices have such great battery life is how they tweak Android in their own secret way, not necessarily battery size.

Please share that secret with all Android OEMs, Sony

Pachimari

Hmm, first I bricked my iPhone 5 a year ago, and now I might have bricked my LG G3.
Shall be looking for a cheap phone soon.

Maybe the Samsung A3 is worth it in the short term?

EmiPrime

Amazon student account holders now get prime music and video for free.

You still need to download Amazon's stupid store to Amazon video on Android and it doesn't support Chromecast. :/

It's free so I can't moan too much but for pete's sake Amazon, your ecosystem isn't as good as you think it is. I'll just use it on the PS3 or 360, I'm not going to buy your stupid stick.

You are more than welcome. I will send you a PB.

Your problem sounds almost exactly like mine, except that I could boot my phone and booting directly into download mode is what allowed me to ODIN flash a bootloader/modem.

It sounds like at some point your drivers were recognizing the device. I wonder if you could push files via command prompt using adb fastboot method.

Hey guys heard you like HTC phones, here is the A9 aka the hero phone. From evleaks.

for those who forget the specs:

Yes that's a screen the same size as the nexus 5 with a smaller battery than the nexus 5. Let that sink in.

Wait.

2150 mAh?

Really?

Is this 2011?

HTC is really purposely trying to commit suicide because are looking to get acquired. It's the only explanation which makes sense.

The battery is so small because the phone is thin as heeeel. Problem is apple can afford to be that thin. Android OEMs cannot because Android isn't built for tiny batteries.

I see what they're going for here. Looks and style and whatnot but if this is what they're going to put a big marketing effort behind...yikes. Maybe it'll be really cheap.

The battery is so small because the phone is thin as heeeel. Problem is apple can afford to be that thin. Android OEMs cannot because Android isn't built for tiny batteries.

I see what they're going for here. Looks and style and whatnot but if this is what they're going to put a big marketing effort behind...yikes. Maybe it'll be really cheap.
jordanlaughing.gif

But hey, who knows. It may very well be.

Edit: Just realized that A9 doesn't even have a bottom front facing speaker, but they still decided to keep the HTC bar. There's no reason that bottom bezel should be that huge when the only thing down there is the fingerprint scanner and an unnecessary ass logo. Gotdamn Android OEMs are annoying with that front logo shit.

jordanlaughing.gif

But hey, who knows. It may very well be.

Edit: Just realized that A9 doesn't even have a bottom front facing speaker, but they still decided to keep the HTC bar. There's no reason that bottom bezel should be that huge when the only thing down there is the fingerprint scanner and an unnecessary ass logo. Gotdamn Android OEMs are annoying with that front logo shit.

How else would you know it's an HTC phone and not an iPhone?

rrvv

Their skin isn't at all offensive but they can be so slow to update their devices. I wouldn't want to wait 5-6 months to get 6.0. Hopefully their Android concept thing will speed things up.
Honestly from my experience. Is not really worth it to get update Sony phone. The update only offer better Google integration and cleaner looking guess. Other than that Sony skin beat them in functionality and efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom