• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
that's just a weak implementation of the true game changer

https://twitter.com/panzer/status/646424443405729792.
It'll be hilarious when the Android apologists change their mind on 3D touch. Just like I called it with fingerprint scanners, you'll all demand 3D touch soon.

KYVPN27.jpg

Should be my new avatar.

Apple does great things. They push us forward despite being king of the industry. That's really fantastic. Usually the incumbent sits on the status quo.

reKon

Banned
It'll be hilarious when the Android apologists change their mind on 3D touch. Just like I called it with fingerprint scanners, you'll all demand 3D touch soon.

KYVPN27.jpg

Should be my new avatar.

Apple does great things. They push us forward despite being king of the industry. That's really fantastic. Usually the incumbent sits on the status quo.

I still wouldn't want a phone that had your entire input in its design.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I still wouldn't want a phone that had your entire input in its design.
Not today you wouldn't. But you'd come around. Everyone comes around eventually.

KYVPN27.jpg

Should be my new avatar.

you mean demand its in stock Android right? or demand its done the iWay? i agree,

also, people will demand split screen now that Apple has ushered in the usage and popularity spike, just like people demanded NFC after Apple made it popular. front cameras too!

edit: and reversible cables, can't forger that one. thank you based Apple!

VoxPop

you mean demand its in stock Android right? or demand its done the iWay? i agree,

also, people will demand split screen now that Apple has ushered in the usage and popularity spike, just like people demanded NFC after Apple made it popular. front cameras too!

edit: and reversible cables, can't forger that one. thank you based Apple!

high res screens

accelerometer

unibody design

robust app store

pinch to zoom

slide to unlock

the purple hue in cameras in the iPhone 5 (stolen by HTC)

standard gold flavor

64 bit processor

based Apple

everything the Android plebs love

Snap 810

4GB RAM

200 MEGAPIXEL camera

64GB w/ up 2 TB SD slot

SPEAKERS YAY

Wireless charging

Quick charging

3160 mAh battery (replaceable)

Stock Android

beautiful hardware design by Android standards

im surprised one of you didn't make an OT for it

know what

lets just list stuff Apple shouldn't get credit for

big screens

because everyone agrees they took too long on that, even the tiny hands crew.

Pachimari

Your problem sounds almost exactly like mine, except that I could boot my phone and booting directly into download mode is what allowed me to ODIN flash a bootloader/modem.

It sounds like at some point your drivers were recognizing the device. I wonder if you could push files via command prompt using adb fastboot method.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do this. I might google and read about it first.

Guys, do we know, if the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact has a better camera than the LG G3?

Quasar

also, people will demand split screen now that Apple has ushered in the usage and popularity spike, just like people demanded NFC after Apple made it popular. front cameras

Given my negative opinion of split screen on my ipad I cant say I'd be calling for it to be in stock Android. Maybe if I had a 12" tablet it might be useful.

Toki767

Got a Anker qi wireless charger today. I must say It's pretty cool.

I hope companies make the fast charging wireless chargers soon though. I don't want to pay $70 for a Samsung one.

Jzero

Got a Anker qi wireless charger today. I must say It's pretty cool.

I hope companies make the fast charging wireless chargers soon though. I don't want to pay $70 for a Samsung one.

Qi is going to be obsolete once WiPower devices start being manufactured. I hope that's soon though because my Nexus 6P is going to need one.

longdi

Banned
that's just a weak implementation of the true game changer

https://twitter.com/panzer/status/646424443405729792

3D touch is going to be awesome just like fingerprint sensor. It will take Android plebs a year or more to catch up.

Bit disappointing why Android makers still don't focus on 1-2 innovative features for every new phones they launch. Instead we are just getting bigger sharper screens, bigger mp camera, thinner chassis(at expense of battery life). Zzzz

No wonder i see people camping overnight for 6S launch, dont see that for Android phones.

reKon

Banned
3D touch is going to be awesome just like fingerprint sensor. It will take Android plebs a year or more to catch up.

Bit disappointing why Android makers still don't focus on 1-2 innovative features for every new phones they launch. Instead we are just getting bigger sharper screens, bigger mp camera, thinner chassis(at expense of battery life). Zzzz

No wonder i see people camping overnight for 6S launch, dont see that for Android phones.

well... oh forget it. I should just sleep lol

I can't tell who's serious and who's trolling.

I thought I was obvious

VoxPop

3D Touch is useless and fingerprint scanners have been on an Android phone since 2011 breh. Let me know when the iPhone gets a curved 4K screen, 4GB RAM, SD card slot and a 20MP camera, pleb.

longdi

Banned
Google is so incompetent at mobile innovation that they forced their partners to do silly things like putting a 4K screen that runs the OS at 1080p on a shitty hot leakage SOC.

I just wished Sony would sell their waterproof tech to Apple so i can leave the pleb race. Waterproofing is the only thing holding me back with Android phones.

VoxPop

Google is so incompetent at mobile innovation that they forced their partners to do silly things like putting a 4K screen that runs the OS at 1080p on a shitty hot leakage SOC.

I just wished Sony would sell their waterproof tech to Apple so i can leave the pleb race. Waterproofing is the only thing holding me back with Android phones.

JOTO-Waterproof-iphone-6.jpg

problem solved

Waterproof and the battery optimisations wizards.

Got the OP2 up and running. What's up with these snapdragon 808 and 810 phones having a weird smell coming from them when you run them? Smells like some kind of chemical fumes it's emitting. It happened with the Pure and now the OP2.

Toki767

Got the OP2 up and running. What's up with these snapdragon 808 and 810 phones having a weird smell coming from them when you run them? Smells like some kind of chemical fumes it's emitting. It happened with the Pure and now the OP2.

The smell of disappointment.

The smell of disappointment.

lol. I could see how alot of people would like the phone. It's nicer than the Moto X Pure that I used a couple of weeks ago. If I wasn't coming from the OPO it would probably be a great experience. Just coming from most 2014 phones to one from this year seems like a side grade at best.

Toki767

lol. I could see how alot of people would like the phone. It's nicer than the Moto X Pure that I used a couple of weeks ago. If I wasn't coming from the OPO it would probably be a great experience. Just coming from most 2014 phones to one from this year seems like a side grade at best.

I meant the chips, not the phones, though yes, the phones are also disappointing.

Can't say you're wrong. When was the last time Google came up with something that changed the way we used phones?

inb4: super obvious examples I didn't remeber

Mindwipe

In really still not seeing it. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems to confuse the UI too much, and even Gruber's review indicated he was making mistakes as a result and it wasn't implemented where it would be useful (i.e. the still crappy iOS notification pulldown or as a shortcut to WiFi settings).

The only places it feels like it'd be useful are solved problems on Android (due to better settings and notification designs, and dedicated hardware buttons for cameras).

Guys, do we know, if the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact has a better camera than the LG G3?

Caveat - neither had final firmware when I used them, but the Z5C was as better at everything but metering, where it still has issues with bright lights in moderately dark scenes causing it to overexpose in auto mode. Focus speed shit all over the G3 though, and that really made a huge difference in using it.

Oh, and the HDR button still required you to move to manual mode. Arrrgh. *throws things*

This was from evleaks, right? I wonder if it really was an actual design HTC was considering/prototyping and they cheaped out and went with the same design as the M7/M8, or if ev got played by a source.

I'm gonna say it was a real thing since it shares similarities with the Nexus 9.

That's the evleaks render, yes. He even doubled down on it. I can't remember what his explanation was when he got it wrong.

tzare

lol, just like apple has been doing. Yeah FP scanner some years ago, useful. Last year, let me check... bigger phone, bigger screen... o wait.
This year 3d touch.... so much praise from a few apple fans but yet to see something groundbreaking.
People camp for apple products because apple is cool. Just look at their awful watch.

3D Touch is useless and fingerprint scanners have been on an Android phone since 2011 breh. Let me know when the iPhone gets a curved 4K screen, 4GB RAM, SD card slot and a 20MP camera, pleb

well, remember 'retina screens' and the high resolution talk? ..... yesss oh they've bumped ram to 2GB and the camera to 12MP, There must be a reason for that. Maybe not....

lol, just like apple has been doing. Yeah FP scanner some years ago, useful. Last year, let me check... bigger phone, bigger screen... o wait.
This year 3d touch.... so much praise from a few apple fans but yet to see something groundbreaking.
People camp for apple products because apple is cool. Just look at their awful watch.

No phone was praised for its fingerprint scanner before Apple did it. Bias or did they just do it better? You decide!

Bboy AJ

Got my iPhone 6S+ shipment memo today. Sweet.

tzare

No phone was praised for its fingerprint scanner before Apple did it. Bias or did they just do it better? You decide!

they did a great job integrating FPS unlike others.. Apples to apples. They do nice things, they do average things and bad or questionable things. Like most Android OEMs.

Bboy AJ

they did a great job integrating FPS unlike others.. Apples to apples. They do nice things, they do average things and bad or questionable things. Like most Android OEMs.
No. Not like most Android OEMs.

tzare

No. Not like most Android OEMs.

really? most known at least make nice phones. All of them, including Apple phones or Microsoft ones, do have trade-offs. Just pick yours.
It is just a matter of preference, some say Fingerprint scanner is high in their priority list, others will choose expandable storage, or FM radio. Choices.
Oh, and price too.

Bboy AJ

Congrats. I could never spend that much money on a phone, just to browse GAF and Twitter all day.

I'll probably sell it once I get my next Nexus. Or give it away to family. I haven't decided. I probably won't keep it.

really? most known at least make nice phones. All of them, including Apple phones or Microsoft ones, do have trade-offs. Just pick yours.
It is just a matter of preference, some say Fingerprint scanner is high in their priority list, others will choose expandable storage, or FM radio. Choices.
Oh, and price too.

I don't think there's much of a trade off to the iPhone, other than price. While the expensive Android phones still don't check all the boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom