• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girl has one being delivered to her right now so I'll get to play with it before the end of the day. I don't see it being much different from the 6 except the additional RAM and 3D Touch. I'll leave some impressions if you want it.

It's strange. Ever since Blackberry changed the name of their device to the Priv, I went from being mildly curious/wanting one to not even wanting to touch it with a 10 ft pole.

yeah it's a boner killer name

If it didn't have a slider and ran stock android it would be alright. Blackberry usually has good hardware.

My girl has one being delivered to her right now so I'll get to play with it before the end of the day. I don't see it being much different from the 6 except the additional RAM and 3D Touch. I'll leave some impressions if you want it.

It's strange. Ever since Blackberry changed the name of their device to the Priv, I went from being mildly curious/wanting one to not even wanting to touch it with a 10 ft pole.
You don't care about your PRIV-acy.

why do you guys need a new phone every year?

NEED a new phone every year and WANT a new phone every year are very different. It's really easy when you're on a 2 year cycle. I usually use my upgrade every 2 yrs on expensive stuff and the year in between I buy something affordable off contract. I also sell so I don't lose a lot of money.

j-wood

I seemingly fixed my battery life on the nexus 6, it's better than ever before.

I went into apps and and cleared the cache of play services, followed by a reboot.

Today my phone has been off the charger since 6:30am MST and I still have 75% left. Granted that's minimal use, only about 1 hour of screen on time. But by this point yesterday I was in the 30% range.

VoxPop

why do you guys need a new phone every year?

Don't need it but its nice to have.

The iPhone retains its value pretty well so if I sell it right before the new one releases, I can usually get the latest and greatest for a little less than $200 which isn't much on an yearly basis.

I also keep a backup Android phone around in case I get bored of iOS or I need a phone to use if the other is broken or when its sold.

But I decided not to do that with the 6S this year. My 6's screen is shattered and I'd rather just get it fixed. I'll go when the 6S craze dies down and I can just walk into the Apple Store. The M7 I'm using is still serviceable but I do want something new from the Android end. Leaning towards the 6P or a Note 5 if I can find one for cheap.

What are the major improvements and new features in Marshmallow? I just realized that I know nothing about the update, other than the Google Now On Tap stuff.

EmiPrime

What are the major improvements and new features in Marshmallow? I just realized that I know nothing about the update, other than the Google Now On Tap stuff.

Battery life, fingerprint stuff, better app permissions system, better device backups, visual voicemail.

Basically a lot of stuff iOS used to have over Android.

Battery life, fingerprint stuff, better app permissions system, better device backups, visual voicemail.

Basically a lot of stuff iOS used to have over Android.

Oh, right. I somehow forgot about the most exciting feature for me. Granular app permissions.

Best feature ever. Thanks, Sundar.

VoxPop

I'm pretty sure HTC has had the live photos thing for a few years already.

Yeah Zoes were awesome. Used to use it all the time.

But thats not the point. HTC isn't even relevant.

Samsung is like the annoying little brother who plays with your shit when you're not around and tries to copy everything you do in a half assed way.

Yeah Zoes were awesome. Used to use it all the time.

But thats not the point. HTC isn't even relevant.

Samsung is like the annoying little brother who plays with your shit when you're not around and tries to copy everything you do in a half assed way.

Yes and no. They do push technology as well.

Lunar FC

I loved my HTC One M7, but it's finally time to get a new phone. Probably going to get an M9. Any owners in here that could provide some quick impressions?

Reckoner

So I really hate the new app drawer. Why not just let us choose if we want it to scroll let to right or up and down.

Android is all about customization. Just install Nova launcher or whatever you like the most and live the life of your dreams.

With this The Verge camera test and Android M closing the gap to iOS, let us all hold hands and be positive for the future. There can only be good things coming on Android.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So I really hate the new app drawer. Why not just let us choose if we want it to scroll let to right or up and down.
Horizontal scrolling is slower and confusing when you install or uninstall an app. You have no control over the apps on the page. The new launcher is a better design choice.

I loved my HTC One M7, but it's finally time to get a new phone. Probably going to get an M9. Any owners in here that could provide some quick impressions?
wtf lol do not do this

reasons: it sucks

f you want good build quality and a phone that doesn't completely suck why not just get an S6?

Lunar FC

wtf lol do not do this

reasons: it sucks

f you want good build quality and a phone that doesn't completely suck why not just get an S6?

I lost interest in keeping up with technology over the past few years. You're telling me Samsung is where I should go for build quality now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom