• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been trying to talk myself into a Note 5 all week with the rumored 5X spec downgrade (2GB of ram, no 64 GB option) but then I realized if I'm open to buying a 5.7" phone, I should take a hard look at the 6P. What are the chances that the camera on the 6P is actually above average?

None. The stock Android camera app is total garbage.

Enjoy your new Note 5!

have you been outside in the sun yet with auto brightness on? that thing is legit.

Yeah, I have a few times. I've been impressed with my Note 4's screen visibility in sunlight come to think of it. I think there's a special ultra-bright-in-sunlight mode that is enabled by having auto brighness on or something.

jwk94

Do you have another phone to compare it with side by side? The one I bought was exactly like the one in the picture. I've also seen the yellow in several of the review videos online.

Yeah, I have both the Pure and the Moto X 2014. The only difference is the Pure looks washed out because of the LCD screen.

gcubed

None. The stock Android camera app is total garbage.

It must be nice to live in a bubble.

Also, moto uses Samsung oled panels. Oled is trash

God I just don't know if I can justify an $850 phone. The non + with its piss poor battery life isn't an option, and 16gb is a joke. $850... Fuuu

teiresias

Huh? Suddenly on my N5 my app drawer and screen widget listings are both scrolling vertically rather than horizontally. Did they quietly update the GEL?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Looking forward to my 6S+ and the N6P that will replace it.

Enjoy your 2013 Nexus 5 phones.

Quasar

It's been a bad year. People are slowly seeing the light.

Well this is the only place I see it.

I can't say I see it as a bad year myself. Phones and tablets just seem like a mature market. Interesting how fast that happened compared to PCs which took a long time to reach a similar point.

VoxPop

What light?

Finally, someone said it right.

maxresdefault.jpg

kami_sama

Anyone here know how to resize a partition on android?
Everytime I flash I clean flash I have to delete some apps from the gapps package. I only need 60 MB more in the system partition T_T

yyzjohn

Banned
Google app updated, I suddenly have the marshmallow style launcher that makes the app drawer go up and down. Weird cause I didn't see a Google now launcher update.

Jzero

Google app updated, I suddenly have the marshmallow style launcher that makes the app drawer go up and down. Weird cause I didn't see a Google now launcher update.

The launcher has been dead for a while. All they have to do now is update the Google App

Mindwipe

The launcher app is just a shim. It pulls code in from the main Google app.

Always been like that.

tzare

don't really like this vertical app drawer, wish it was optional, well at least they put your 4 most frequent apps in first place ...already have them on homescreen but nice touch.

Also it seems note4 is receiving a minor bugfix update to recent 5.1.1 update.

linkboy

Anyone here know how to resize a partition on android?
Everytime I flash I clean flash I have to delete some apps from the gapps package. I only need 60 MB more in the system partition T_T

I don't think you can, and I'm not sure what impact it would have if you did.

Try a different gasps package. I ran into that problem with my nexus 7 and just used the aroma version of this package to pick and choose.

Open gapps

kami_sama

I don't think you can, and I'm not sure what impact it would have if you did.

Try a different gasps package. I ran into that problem with my nexus 7 and just used the aroma version of this package to pick and choose.

Open gapps

I tried using the aroma package, but I don't know why it doesn't render as it should on TWRP.

SimleuqiR

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-u-s-antitrust-scrutiny-over-android-iezf41sg

Google Inc. is back under U.S. antitrust scrutiny as officials ask whether the tech giant stifled competitors’ access to its Android mobile-operating system, said two people familiar with the matter.
The Federal Trade Commission reached an agreement with the Justice Department to spearhead an investigation of Google’s Android business, the people said. FTC officials have met with technology company representatives who say Google gives priority to its own services on the Android platform, while restricting others, added the people, who asked for anonymity because the matter is confidential.

It was good while it lasted guys...

What's so funny about this is that if it wasn't for Android, Apple could have very well had a monopoly in the mobile market.

I'm also surprise that Google didn't spun off Android into its own company under Alphabet.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-u-s-antitrust-scrutiny-over-android-iezf41sg

It was good while it lasted guys...

What's so funny about this is that if it wasn't for Android, Apple could have very well had a monopoly in the mobile market.

I'm also surprise that Google didn't spun off Android into its own company under Alphabet.
If someone can enlighten me why Apple is not getting the same legal sh*t mentoined in this article, i would be very grateful ... because as is see it, they force their own services down the consumers throat as well.

Also, shouldn't the Amazon branch of Android be a pretty good evidence that you can use Android without Google anything?

Wreav

Banned
I bet Motorola's marketing department would be really happy to see that this false assertion that their phones run stock has taken hold, even in an enthusiast environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom