• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

you will 100% eat crow on that

agreed, they are already doing great things with it and almost no one has had time to really make anything for it.

It will be in the Nexus 6R, and it better be.

there are too many negatives on IOS that I can't make the switch (or at least too many negatives that don't justify the asking price), but i'd enjoy the actual phone portion

The big bezels on the nexus 6p to accomodate stereo front speakers and move the fingerprint reader to the back is a damn shame. I would be much happier without that

tzare

I do not care about apple or samsung. I buy a product for what it offers. Apple buyers get what they want probably, but loose a number of features, they may or may not care. But it is fun to see a few of them nitpicking on android devices that usually do not make as many compromises.
Oh two more, ir blaster and fm radio, stylus...(wich i miss on my note 4 sometimes).

And don't get me wrong sure iphones are awesome devices, but it is a but tiring to hear all the time about how perfect it is in the android thread. As if it wasn't enough with all the mainstream media...

Oh and crow will be eaten if needed, but one thing is seeing forcetouch on devices and other being something relevant besides shortcuts and doing similar thing already do with spen

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I do not care about apple or samsung. I buy a product for what it offers. Apple buyers get what they want probably, but loose a number of features, they may or may not care. But it is fun to see a few of them nitpicking on android devices that usually do not make as many compromises.
Oh two more, ir blaster and fm radio, stylus...(wich i miss on my note 4 sometimes).

And don't get me wrong sure iphones are awesome devices, but it is a but tiring to hear all the time about how perfect it is in the android thread. As if it wasn't enough with all the mainstream media...

Oh and crow will be eaten if needed, but one thing is seeing forcetouch on devices and other being something relevant besides shortcuts and doing similar thing already do with spen
We are tech fans in this thread. It isn't the Apple thread. People here appreciate good devices and honestly don't care about where they come from. So you're here on a soapbox posting things no one disagrees with. Your hate and downplay of 3D touch is demonstrative of your inability to appreciate good devices. You dislike it because it's from Apple while everyone else here is waiting for it to hit Android.

tzare

We are tech fans in this thread. It isn't the Apple thread. People here appreciate good devices and honestly don't care about where they come from. So you're here on a soapbox posting things no one disagrees with. Your hate and downplay of 3D touch is demonstrative of your inability to appreciate good devices. You dislike it because it's from Apple while everyone else here is waiting for it to hit Android.
I appreciate tech, but this is android thread, not general smartphone thread. A bit of apple or wp or others is good to have, but not all the time praising apple and bashing all android phones. I also do not consider everything a must have feature. That includes 3D touch which may be nice to have but nothing gamechanging for me (until i see something really useful). Same as others may or may not care about other features like stereo speakers, or wireless charging , sd, etc etc...
In fact i think new iphones will benefit more from having 2GB of ram instead of 3d touch. Downplaying 3D touch isn' t different from downplaying other features and has nothing to do with appreciating good devices: iphones were good before 3D touch. And disagree with you also about people not caring where phones come from.of course they do.

Admodieus

For me it's gonna come down to 4 phones, each with their own drawbacks:

1. iPhone 6s/6s+ - Not Android, no wireless charging
  2. Galaxy Note 5 - a little big for me, not stock Android, worried about the battery life
  3. Nexus 5X - probably not a great camera, may not be available on Verizon, battery life concerns, 2GB perhaps?
  4. Nexus 6P - a little big for me, probably not a great camera, may not be on Verizon, battery life?

Really not sure what the best choice will be.

reKon

Banned
better than notably worse battery /samsung

Did 5.1.1 fuck them over? Speaking of bad battery life, my friend is pretty certain that his S6 battery just went to complete shit lol. You all will laugh if you see these battery stats. He's had this phone only a few months.

How is note 5 compared to 4, and s6 compared to s5?
s6 battery is way worse

and the majority of the reviews say note 5 is either as good or worse than the note 4 (more saying it's as good to be fair).

Did 5.1.1 fuck them over? Speaking of bad battery life, my friend is pretty certain that his S6 battery just went to complete shit lol. You all will laugh if you see these battery stats. He's had this phone only a few months.
their need to have a thin ass phone like apple and shoving a qhd screen in there is what did them in.

tzare

s6 battery is way worse

and the majority of the reviews say note 5 is either as good or worse than the note 4 (more saying it's as good to be fair).

their need to have a thin ass phone like apple and shoving a qhd screen in there is what did them in.
I had the impression that most devices this year have similar battery life than its predecessors, from most oems. Which is dissapointing since you expect improvements since battery life seems to be an important thing to many. Maybe s6 is the worst of them.

I had the impression that most devices this year have similar battery life than its predecessors, from most oems. Which is dissapointing since you expect improvements since battery life seems to be an important thing to many. Maybe s6 is the worst of them.
s6 is significantly worse than s5, I think g4 is slightly worse than g3 from what I've read. I think M9 is worse than M8 as well.

tzare

s6 is significantly worse than s5, I think g4 is slightly worse than g3 from what I've read. I think M9 is worse than M8 as well.
Lol if true. I knew many devices had slightly smaller batteries than last year models but that SoCs were more efficient too so it should be a wash. Let's hope next year with 14nm socs and some common sense things go better

One Plus owners salty af lol

Why would I be salty? I'm not a huge fan of the OP2. I would love the Nexus to be the best Android phone ever created, but I'm a realist.

Also that MKBHD Moto X review is interesting. It seems like most of the major reviewers got perfect units from Motorola, but others are getting bad units with yellow screens. I do know that Moto gave out special codes to major reviewers to create their own Moto X Pure however they wanted for free.

I appreciate tech, but this is android thread, not general smartphone thread. A bit of apple or wp or others is good to have, but not all the time praising apple and bashing all android phones. I also do not consider everything a must have feature. That includes 3D touch which may be nice to have but nothing gamechanging for me (until i see something really useful). Same as others may or may not care about other features like stereo speakers, or wireless charging , sd, etc etc...
In fact i think new iphones will benefit more from having 2GB of ram instead of 3d touch. Downplaying 3D touch isn' t different from downplaying other features and has nothing to do with appreciating good devices: iphones were good before 3D touch. And disagree with you also about people not caring where phones come from.of course they do.
Don't bother, it's in the title breh. You're fighting a losing fight. Let the Apple people talk about Apple and just skip over their posts like I do and you'll be fine.

tzare

Don't bother, it's in the title breh. You're fighting a losing fight. Let the Apple people talk about Apple and just skip over their posts like I do and you'll be fine.
Yes, i should do that. But sometimes....
Thats what ignore lists are for.
I enjoy most of the talk, including Wreav,so i try not to ignore anyone, but these last days i had to check twice if i was in the correct thread.
In fact i hope some WP user gives the news, in this thread , since i do not visit WP one,that google apps are available for WP so i can buy one.

Quasar

In fact i hope some WP user gives the news, in this thread , since i do not visit WP one,that google apps are available for WP so i can buy one.

That would never happen. Google is pretty determined on that. But yeah, that would allow me to consider a Lumia. Actually having recently bought my father a cheap low end Lumia for his limited use its been pretty interesting playing around with it. I do really prefer the interface over the iOS/Android grid of icons.

SimleuqiR

Here is some none iPhone news

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...5x-with-dimensions-screen-size-and-lte-bands/

One last tidbit: the SAR evaluation report for the LG-H791 (the international version) briefly mentions "Handset Wireless Chargers Battery Covers," but the same line is left out of the document for the US version of the phone. So, the Nexus 5X may or may not have wireless charging, and that might change between the two models..

No wireless charging for the USA version of the 5X?

LLShC.gif

longdi

Banned
It is. Even if they don't consider it.
There are more: bezels, no waterproof, no wireless charging, no quick charging(out of the box at least 6&6+) , no led, no usb C, no replaceable battery, 16gb base model, gimped NFC,battery life on small iphone, pricing....

They get a pass because apple. Oh and now praise the gods for 3D touch... i may eat crow, but doubt it will become mainstream.

3D touch is the future, mr crow eater.

reKon

Banned
Watching some iPhone 6s gaming videos. I didn't know there was that big of a difference graphically in games vs Android. Wow.

The thrist is real. It's no secret that iPhone always has superior GPU performance, but based off an off screen video I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're exaggerating. Get better Android devices.

The thrist is real. It's no secret that iPhone always has superior GPU performance, but based off an off screen video I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're exaggerating. Get better Android devices.

Top end Android phones don't make San Andreas look like it does on the iPhone. He has a Galaxy S6 video up from months back that also shows it. The problem with Android games though are they have to make them for hundreds of phones compared to a few on IPhone. They aren't really optimized for high end phones.

Having bluetooth issues with my Note 5. Got to get it exchanged because it's not a software issue since it kept doing even after a factory reset.

I loved my HTC One M7, but it's finally time to get a new phone. Probably going to get an M9. Any owners in here that could provide some quick impressions?

Hi I'm an actual person that actually owns one, and it isn't nearly as terrible as everyone says it is. It's a solid phone and was a clear upgrade over my m8. The heat thing is only a real issue if you have it running for an extended period of time. Like, don't use it as a GPS on a two hour drive without giving it a break. Other than that, it never got any warmer than my Note 5 does. I never really use my camera so I can't comment on that. I can tell you that Sense is much nicer than Touchwiz is. It's fast, responsive, and intuitive.

Really the only reasons I kept my Note 5 over it were the screen size, resolution, and s-pen. Anyone that tells you the m9 is a bad phone has probably never actually used one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom