• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

vkyv12x.png

fK8WytV.png

5iy4Kgu.png

QDRVQJS.png

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...tal-body-gorilla-glass-4-and-3450mah-battery/

kami_sama

Pyro, stop editing things! :p
In the back, there's a hole below the black bar. It seems to be a microphone, right?
I should look for something with 2GB?
I thought the LG G4 came with 3GB.

Nope, I'm saying the Z5C comes with 2GB and that it isn't enough if you want to keep your phone for long.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Have just been looking at all of the phones. They don't have Motorola, so so far it gotta be between the LG G4 or Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. I didn't get to try out the Z5 which I wanna try first.

They both have great cameras, batteries and MicroSD ports. Unfortunately the Z5C only has a 720p screen.

720p screen is enough for 4.7" - ask Apple. A little higher would be nice maybe, but 720p is decent enough. You want 1080p at 5"-5.5"

Edit: just playing with my current phone to see what that fingerprint reader location is like - it's possibly the worst place you could put one. My fingers never naturally sit there, and it is pretty uncomfortable to move a finger that far down the middle of the phone at the back.

Pachimari

Pyro, stop editing things! :p
In the back, there's a hole below the black bar. It seems to be a microphone, right?

Nope, I'm saying the Z5C comes with 2GB and that it isn't enough if you want to keep your phone for long.
Oh man, I were leaning toward that phone! :(

This is so hard.

kami_sama

Oh man, I were leaning toward that phone! :(

This is so hard.

If you like it go ahead! It will have a great battery life, and if my Moto G can go on with only 1GB, the Z5C will be great for a long time (but not as much as other phones with 3 or 4 GB)
720p screen is enough for 4.7" - ask Apple. A little higher would be nice maybe, but 720p is decent enough. You want 1080p at 5"-5.5"

Edit: just playing with my current phone to see what that fingerprint reader location is like - it's possibly the worst place you could put one. My fingers never naturally sit there, and it is pretty uncomfortable to move a finger that far down the middle of the phone at the back.

For me it's the best place. It's in the same place, more or less, as the dimple on my phone.

ArchAngel

Holy shit, dat bump is really bad!

not :p

"There's still a few things we haven't been able to confirm: the price, still unmentioned, and the display panel type, though IPS-LCD seems most likely." ~AP

Yes, pleeeeaaaase!

If the 6P gets the notification LEd back, this will be my perfect phone. 64Gig black.

If you had an LG you adjust quickly.

longdi

Banned
3450mah battery omg!
Bloody annoyed with present 2015 batch of Android with sd810 and smaller battery than 2014 batch. Google doing alright here

It's a giant ass phone so a big battery was a must. It has a smaller screen than the Nexus 6 yet is as tall is it and slightly less wider than it.

HawkeyeIC

Also looking like the Droid Turbo 2 is the phone Moto should have released as the X. Tempting if for some reason the Nexii don't work on Verizon.

Saiyan-Rox

Ugh want the Nexus 6P now

Guess I better put my OP2 on ebay...grrr what was I thinking I knew I'd want the Nexus but Nooooooo I had to go be a pleb.

EDIT: has there been anything to suggest price in £?

thats because they have symmetrical huge ass bezels on the bottom/top vs the current N6 which isn't
Yep. In my opinion, symmetrical top and bottom bezels don't make sense unless the bezels are very small. Even then, if either the top or bottom could be smaller still, I say make it smaller.

VoxPop

Ugh want the Nexus 6P now

Guess I better put my OP2 on ebay...grrr what was I thinking I knew I'd want the Nexus but Nooooooo I had to go be a pleb.

EDIT: has there been anything to suggest price in £?

I love how the OP2 was barely a 2014 Flagship Killer and they had the balls to say they were the kings of 2016. Silly company

kami_sama

I love how the OP2 was barely a 2014 Flagship Killer and they had the balls to say they were the kings of 2016. Silly company

Thing is, they made it to themselves. It's a solid phone, with some great specs, but the marketing and the (slow) invite system didn't make them any favors.

Saiyan-Rox

I have a seriously indecisive mind

I want the nexus

I don't need the nexus

So I don't want it

But I do want it

But I just bought a new phone a month ago

But Nexus

Gaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

"obviously it runs google"
Haha, yeah. I actually kinda felt bad for him when she brought up customers abandoning them for other OSs, but hey, that's on them for being behind the curve for too long.

I guess since the 6P has an all metal back, it won't support wireless charging.
Most likely, unless they've moved the wireless charging coils(?) thingamajig to the black strip at the top.

Edit: Also, the way that slide talks about USB type c makes it sound like it's 3.0 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom