• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admodieus

That black strip at the top of the 6P - could it be to indicate where the NFC bit is for payments? Would make sense for it to be at the top of such a large phone, and the different coloring/height would make it easy to remember for even those not well versed with Android Pay.

Wreav

Banned
The ridiculously huge battery is the only thing I see that's great about it so far, but who knows how much of a drain the larger screen is.
Dual front speakers, USB-C, fingerprint, and a slim metal body with stock android. Stop trolling.

Pachimari

well then I don't think you want the 6P because that screen is huge, G4 is pretty big as well.

If I were you I'd just look at the Z5c or the 5x.
Yeah but I can't make up my mind honestly.
The G3 were great in my hands because of the small bezels.

Screen size isn't that important. Battery life and camera is more important to me.

hitgirl

the 5X has the bands to work on Verizon. The FCC leak confirmed it.

Es6b.gif

I was worried that Moto X 2014 was going to be my fallback if 5X didn't have Verizon bands.

Toki767

Dual front speakers, USB-C, fingerprint, and a slim metal body with stock android. Stop trolling.

I don't play music on my phone so I never got the allure of dual front speakers. USB-C is nice. Still cautious about the fingerprint sensor being on the back because it makes it awkward to use with Android Pay which is the main reason they included one.

All depends on the price tbh

Gah I guess I'll decide on the day it goes live on the play store/Amazon

I don't need it whatsoever I need to stop wasting money.
The OnePlus 2 is still a good phone, so unless you see something about the Nexus that is a must have, your current phone is still a good one to have.

Drifters

Stock android also has bloated google apps and services.

If it has minimal google apps installed than I take it back, but normally that's not the case.

LOL, go install the Amazon app store after you've rooted your phone if you're so butthurt over "google bloat". Seriously... go buy a windows phone.

gcubed

Stock android also has bloated google apps and services.

If it has minimal google apps installed than I take it back, but normally that's not the case.

ok, i mean... they just had the fire phone on sale if you dont want to run google services on a google phone.

If you just meant all the extra apps. You can remove them with M

Haha, yeah. I actually kinda felt bad for him when she brought up customers abandoning them for other OSs, but hey, that's on them for being behind the curve for too long.

Most likely, unless they've moved the wireless charging coils(?) thingamajig to the black strip at the top.

Edit: Also, the way that slide talks about USB type c makes it sound like it's 3.0 or something.

Qualcomm had a new wireless charging coil in July to work through metal phones. Its not a great indicator that no slides talk about it, but it is possible and *CAN* work through a metal body

ok, i mean... they just had the fire phone on sale if you dont want to run google services on a google phone.

If you just meant all the extra apps. You can remove them with M
Exactly my point. It's bloat.

A Nano GPS would be nice, especially when it comes to battery life.

Pachimari

I think I'm gonna go see the Z5c tomorrow, and try it out for myself, and then decide if it is something for me. I have to do compromises, as no phone will have everything I want. Something I'll really miss is the IR blaster unless I go with LG again, but I don't want it to burn down inside as my LG G3 probably did.

Here's my phone history. It has been a while since I last owned a Sony phone. That must have been the Sony Ericsson W960, but they're a different company now.

iYwTKVd.png

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I should do a list like that. It would be kinda embarrassing tho.

For example, 2015 would have

Lumia 930
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Samsung S6 Edge
LG G4 (just shipped, not sure if I'll keep it)

Nokia Lumia 1520
Nokia Lumia 1020
HTC M8
Samsung Galaxy S5

My list includes almost all nexus devices, an s3, an m7. Also an iphone 4/4s/6.

And a handful of others I'm forgetting. Including a lumia 520 (windows phone LOL)

kami_sama

I should do a list like that. It would be kinda embarrassing tho.

For example, 2015 would have

Lumia 930
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Samsung S6 Edge
LG G4 (just shipped, not sure if I'll keep it)

Nokia Lumia 1520
Nokia Lumia 1020
HTC M8
Samsung Galaxy S5

Your tag lies! You haven't calmed down!
For me it would be:
2014 - Moto G 2013
2013 - Jiayu G3S
2011 - ZTE Blade
2009 - LG KU2050
2007 - Nokia 1600

Maiar_m

I held an iPhone 6 today. It was a bad idea. I don't want my next phone to have a lesser build quality, and I'm very afraid the 5X will feel flimsy.

Every passing day my M7 gets slower and slower, its kinda sad watching it die like this.

Is there a rom or something I apply that will help refresh it?

Jzero

Both have launched(instock at my best buy at least) and not a single person has updated with impressions.

Everyone that bought a Moto 360 last year is waiting for the price drops. We're not paying full price if that shit is going to get a 50% cut in a couple of months.

They keep coming out so there has to be at least someone buying them right? I just want to give a smart watch a try so I was hoping to read some impressions.

Everyone that bought a Moto 360 last year is waiting for the price drops. We're not paying full price if that shit is going to get a 50% cut in a couple of months.
Makes sense, I haven't really been following pricing trends.

gcubed

Android Wear itself is dead. People care less than Android tablets. Let that sink in.

smartwatches are a technology in search of a market. Its something i was shocked apple got in to so poorly and disjointedly. I think a lot of people were expecting Apple to kind of steer the market into the future, but they did... nothing new. Android Wear hasn't really done anything new since launch, so the entire thing is just boring

Even with the tiny market, the only reason android tablets have any more buzz is because they are super cheap. I do think that the tablet market is also on its way out and shockingly MS has done the best preparing for its future, which is having a tablet with an actual useful OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom