• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

The camera should be fine if Google can not screw up Google Camera. The sony sensor is really nice but don't expect it to beat out the gs6 or 6s+ since I believe this is Sonys first RGBW mobile sensor, id expect some growing pains with Google's consistently subpar software

ArchAngel

The N6 had a great camera for me. Never had better photos and some even thought it was from a normal camera (watched on PC).
The only bad thing is the Google Camera app and the really really bad focus in videos :(

gcubed

The N6 had a great camera for me. Never had better photos and some even thought it was from a normal camera (watched on PC).
The only bad thing is the Google Camera app and the really really bad focus in videos :(

The N6 was great with HDR+ pictures. The ois had issues on video and to this day is still slow to focus

kami_sama

The camera should be fine if Google can not screw up Google Camera. The sony sensor is really nice but don't expect it to beat out the gs6 or 6s+ since I believe this is Sonys first RGBW mobile sensor, id expect some growing pains with Google's consistently subpar software

Yep, software is the reason Nexus' camera is always subpar. Samsung, LG and Sony (lol) have better algorithms in their camera apps.

Pachimari

If in only looking at the camera, should I go LG G4, iPhone 6 or S6 Edge? I tried them all and hey all seemed to take great pictures and at least Samsung and Apple had slow-motion and time skip. But LG have manual controls with shutter speed, ISO etc.

If in only looking at the camera, should I go LG G4, iPhone 6 or S6 Edge? I tried them all and hey all seemed to take great pictures and at least Samsung and Apple had slow-motion and time skip. But LG have manual controls with shutter speed, ISO etc.

S6 edge has the best camera.

kharma45

Out of those, the S6. If you were looking at a 6S/6S+ I'd probably lean to it.

diaspora

S6 has the best camera.

I want the camera app not to be stupidly difficult to use. Everything is icons, nothing makes sense.

The clock app is also too confusing with its minimal amount of text, but I have learned to use it so I don't have too many problems with it. I fear that time when my parents finally upgrade their phones though.

kinggroin

Banned
Yep, software is the reason Nexus' camera is always subpar. Samsung, LG and Sony (lol) have better algorithms in their camera apps.

No they don't. Not at all.

Maybe TODAY Samsung finally does, but they've notoriously been known to go full ham on noise and detail reduction to the point of hilarity.

I'm sure what you meant was everyone else makes a better functioning camera app than Google does. I would mostly agree, but Google's HDR+ algo is really damn good.

Klotera

you shouldn't have to adjust your hand, you'd be using your index finger to unlock on the back rather than your thumb on the front.

I used to have a G3 and actually liked using the power and volume buttons on the back. However, at the time I usually used the double tap to unlock. It will depend on the dimensions. If I can do that and still leave my thumb room enough to wrap around to a large portion of the screen. May just have to feel it.

Husker86

So for all those getting a nexus phone this year. How long do you plan on keeping it?

Is this your phone for the next 2 years? I've already mentioned that I plan on keeping it for exactly 1 year or less. Using my upgrade next year on whatever the best phone is. That's why 32GB is way more than enough and honestly even 2gb is enough but it better be priced right if that's the max memory option.

I'll probably get the next Nexus as well. Next year is an iPhone buy year for me, though. Since those are released around the same time, I can't say for sure. This is the first iPhone I've skipped in a while, so it's pretty certain I'll buy the 7. But I have a very hard time keeping an Android phone as my main device for more than a year.

I'll probably get the next Nexus as well. Next year is an iPhone buy year for me, though. Since those are released around the same time, I can't say for sure. This is the first iPhone I've skipped in a while, so it's pretty certain I'll buy the 7. But I have a very hard time keeping an Android phone as my main device for more than a year.

Just curious, but how many phones do you switch between at any given time?

Reckoner

Yes. But what makes it better than the competition? :)

It usually takes pictures with more balanced colors and good detail, even though pictures of landscapes may not seem very natural when zoomed in because of the sharpen filter they use - which I personally am not a fan of.

Between those phones I would choose the iPhone 6. If you really, really want Android and those are your choices, I would go for the Samsung too. But I never used a Samsung phone, so I don't know how Touchwiz is going to annoy me overtime. LG doesn't seem that great on the software side either.

Pachimari

I'm just thinking if the LG G4 could be a better camera phone in Manual mode compared to the iPhone/Galaxy. Because one can choose the iso, white balance, shutter speed etc. separately.

kharma45

How often though are you really going to and fiddle with the manual mode to use it? It sounds great in practise but in reality few if any use their smartphone camera like that.

I'm just thinking if the LG G4 could be a better camera phone in Manual mode compared to the iPhone/Galaxy. Because one can choose the iso, white balance, shutter speed etc. separately.

I mean if you actually know how to use the manual mode then yea. Most of us have no idea how to use it or use it correctly so yea it's cool, but theoretically it'll never be used.

Quixzlizx

Who was going 5X but is now getting a 6P possibly?

Why are you upgrading? I thought you don't really care too much about the upgrade?

I was 5x all the way, but the 32GB max storage and possible 2 GB RAM is really turning me off with the $400 base price.

My biggest problem is that I'd be coming from a N4, so I don't know whether I can handle having 5.7" inside of m
y hand.

Reckoner

If it's going to cost the same as the Nexus 6 here (almost 700 euros) then I already learned my lesson. It's way too much money for a phone that loses a lot of its value way too fast. I got lucky that I sold mine for 480 and now - just after ~1 month - it's at 430 though.

Saiyan-Rox

If it's going to cost the same as the Nexus 6 here (almost 700 euros) then I already learned my lesson. It's way too much money for a phone that loses a lot of its value way too fast. I got lucky that I sold mine for 480 and now - just after ~1 month - it's at 430 though.

Same here i'm not paying £500 quid for the new Nexus like I did with the 6.

kami_sama

BIG LEAK!

It has
2GB RAM and 16GB ROM

SGmoOFv.jpg

I hope not T__T

Who was going 5X but is now getting a 6P possibly?

Why are you upgrading? I thought you don't really care too much about the upgrade?
Depends on the price. I'm happy with n5 it does everything I want but the screen is cracked so looking to replace it. If the 6p is reasonably priced I'll grab it otherwise 5x it is.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
With 2 GB it wouldn't look to far away from the Nex4, which would be kinda strange. Eh, I'll just trust that they know what they're doing >_>

I don't even know where the 2GM ram rumour came from. Was it the amazon leak which has already been proven to have some other inaccurate info (including those laughable dimensions)?

I mean I could see 2 diff price poitns/options but 2gb only....google is weird and dumb but that would be impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom