• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The Nexus 6 camera is so hard to use. That's another reason I'm getting rid of it. It is very difficult to focus. Sometimes it just refuses to focus on a closer object. I hate it.

Ty4on

The Nexus 6 camera is so hard to use. That's another reason I'm getting rid of it. It is very difficult to focus. Sometimes it just refuses to focus on a closer object. I hate it.

Touching the areas with contrast like the side of it can help.

teiresias

I think that's more of a software thing than the camera, as my Nexus 5 does this now when it used to not. Sometimes it will just sit there not focusing at all when I tap on the screen. I think Google broke something in the actual app - surprise, surprise.

Wow that AP poll is split exactly with over 4000 votes.
5x still winning by a small amount but in the end it goes to show you that this is what google should have done all along. Two phones. Two sizes. The only thing they need to figure out is getting as close the same specs as possible within them so it's an actually good lineup and we're good. Just iterate on them every year iphone style.

Everybody goes home happy. But yeah a good year for nexuseses.

Avixph

http://imgur.com/a/5YVWm

Higher resolution images of the P

xYi8XGk.jpg

Why are the power button and the volume rocker on the same side?

Quasar

I'm saying the 32gb 6P is 650 cad at carriers (subject to change but as of today that's what it's going to be).

I guess the Oz price won't be so bad then given we're more or less at parity with the CAD (the crashing Aussie dollar versus the USD is one things thats really put a crimp in what is or isn't an affordable phone any more). Does that include an CAD taxes (if there are any)?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Same, it was easier to take screenshots on my Nexus 5. BTW I've had to RMA every Nexus device I've owned. I really hope this is the first time I don't have to haha

I'm gonna have to RMA my Nexus 6 once I get my 6P. The speaker doesn't work for phone calls. It's super low. It works for speaker phone but normal use, no. And the camera app crashes or freezes after you take a few HDR shots in succession.

Every other smartphone bigger than 5" doesn't put the volume and power buttons on the same side

Nexus 6 does. I didn't like it at first but I've grown used to it. It's not a big deal except for screen shots.

Hmm, which makes me think, maybe I have turned off transcoding? My computer is more than competent for those kind of tasks.

Oh I see. Good thing I'm planning on subscribing sometime next year.

You could try turning off 'Direct Play' and 'Direct Stream' in the settings of the Plex Android app and see if that helps. It should force everything to be transcoded regardless of whether it's a file format that your device should be able to play natively.

tzare

I never subscribed and always had the option. Check your settings.
I just read plex website and subscription is only needed for sync( kind of offline mode) . To play content on a device you need to pay for app activation (4,33€) or get subscription that gives 'free' apps(just like amazon)

Wreav

Banned
I just read plex website and subscription is only needed for sync( kind of offline mode) . To play content on a device you need to pay for app activation (4,33€) or get subscription that gives 'free' apps(just like amazon)
Basically what everyone said. Gotta buy the app.

5x still winning by a small amount but in the end it goes to show you that this is what google should have done all along. Two phones. Two sizes. The only thing they need to figure out is getting as close the same specs as possible within them so it's an actually good lineup and we're good. Just iterate on them every year iphone style.

Everybody goes home happy. But yeah a good year for nexuseses.

yeah also a good naming scheme. I read a good one a while ago that they should be named after android version so this year would be the 5M and 6M (m for marshmallow)

Quasar

Every other smartphone bigger than 5" doesn't put the volume and power buttons on the same side

Smaller ones too. I just got my father a cheap Nokia W8.1 phone and it was like that.

Can't say I'm a fan of it myself. Means I'm likely to wake my phone screen up when I'm just trying to adjust volume.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm gonna have to RMA my Nexus 6 once I get my 6P. The speaker doesn't work for phone calls. It's super low. It works for speaker phone but normal use, no. And the camera app crashes or freezes after you take a few HDR shots in succession.

Nexus 6 does. I didn't like it at first but I've grown used to it. It's not a big deal except for screen shots.

Thought your ass was getting a rose gold iPhone.

Power button and volume on the same side sucks.
I agree. Samsung has had them on different sides from jump and they still do it now. I don't know why companies think the same side is fine when volume up and power can easily be mistaken for one another because they place the buttons so close together.

Where is the 5X presentation leak. I've looking for news like a mad man. New Nexus news=drug addiction

The leaker of the 6P slides said he did not have anything on the 5X.

With that said, I still expect tomorrow to bring a final wave of leaks/rumors. The Android blogs are going to be working overtime for them clicks.

I'm sure someone has something they're saving for right before the event. Honestly, pricing is what I want to know most for the 5X lol. And I don't know if we'll get that in leaks.

I'm sure someone has something they're saving for right before the event. Honestly, pricing is what I want to know most for the 5X lol. And I don't know if we'll get that in leaks.

Same here but if the 6P is around the $500 range I'll probably bite. The n6 last year was looking good till I saw the price lol

gcubed

$499 would be fantastic and is more realistic with exchange rate but I'm not sure market pricing has fully raped Canada that much yet

This prices would be my dream. My wife's smashed 5 needs a replacement big time, and my 6 needs a P

So the Nexus 5X has Laser autofocus. Why is it that only LG phones have these. Do they have some sort of agreement or licensing or something whatever you call it.

I'm happy to have it but always wondered why it wasn't more widespread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom