• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT6| Huawei or the iWay [Nobody Reads Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which color looks like the best in your opinion? Graphite look sweet.

Black is the only correct answer. The rest are ugly as shit.

For me, if the 5X is only 2gb in all variants, then it is a complete no-go. The battery size is already a major compromise, so I'm not willing to make a second one.

If the 6P comes in at $500 starting, then I'll definitely consider it. Otherwise, not so much.

Admodieus

Can't wait for graphite to sell out instantly on pre-order day, and then I have to make a choice between one of those other colors and waiting for stock to replenish

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
White is my choice because of that gloss black bar. It pops. But most importantly

23eE2GH.jpg

Jzero

i've been saying that forever but people act like just because Google made it, it isn't bloat.
That's because it isn't. Bloatware is shit no one wants. Google apps are usually useful and if they're not you can either delete them or disable them.

The only app I consider bloatware is their email app.

That's because it isn't. Bloatware is shit no one wants. Google apps are usually useful and if they're not you can either delete them or disable them.

The only app I consider bloatware is their email app.

There's a ton of Google shit I don't use but I am forced to keep on my phone. How is that not bloat?

Quasar

There's a ton of Google shit I don't use but I am forced to keep on my phone. How is that not bloat?

Well I consider bloat stuff above and beyond OS function defaults. So basically third party junk. I would not consider say Powershell on Windows bloat, even if I didn't use it.

Jzero

If you think Google apps are bloat you've obviously never had real bloat.

And just because you don't use it doesn't mean a fuckload of people don't use it either.

pislit

I'm planning to buy an Android tablet for my mother, is there a Nexus tablet coming? If none, what is better Nexus 7 or Nexus 9?

jay23

6P is starting to grow on me as well.
Leaked pics: damn that hump on the back is ugly what were they thinking?

Me currently: man that black bar gives the phone such a unique look.

http://imgur.com/a/5YVWm

Higher resolution images of the P

There's no hump at all? I think this angle is playing tricks on me. Either way these higher quality pics make the phone look even better.

The P is looking better, but it's still not really interesting. Maybe it's the first Nexus with consistently good battery life, who knows.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The P is looking better, but it's still not really interesting. Maybe it's the first Nexus with consistently good battery life, who knows.
Nexus 6 has good battery life on M3.

kami_sama

6P is starting to grow on me as well.
Leaked pics: damn that hump on the back is ugly what were they thinking?

Me currently: man that black bar gives the phone such a unique look.

There's no hump at all? I think this angle is playing tricks on me. Either way these higher quality pics make the phone look even better.

There's still a hump, but yeah, much less than we thought. It has also grown on me. Although I don't know which of the three colors I would choose. All look very good to me.

DagsJT

6P is too large for me,especially coming from a Z3 Compact. I don't play games or watch videos so huge phones aren't great for me.

The 6P does look great though, but I'm probably getting a 5X.

Bboy AJ

Who's leaking all this stuff anyway? They're going to get fired as fuck if they get caught.
I wish we received zero leaks but this stuff is usually controlled. It always ruins the surprise.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
How big are the chances for the small P being within the 400-450 range?

kami_sama

I think you'll have to put more than 450 on he table for a small P.

Not to mention that the Euro price is going to be higher anyway.

I hope not. Motorola screwed us with the Style and the Play price, both 100€ more than the direct conversion. I would understand an increase of ~50€, but more than that it's too much.

Knight77

The N6P looks really interesting but its really too big for me. Now I've got a Moto X 2015 (not the new Style or Play) and its really on the limit for me: I want to be able to use the phone with one hand and be able to keep it in my pocket without many problems.
The N5 doesn't look a worth upgrade from my Moto X, in particular by the point of view of the materials, so I got really interested about the Nextbit Robin

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nextbit/robin-the-smarter-smartphone

4155396.png

Specs:

Processor: Snapdragon 808
Memory: 3GB RAM / 32 GB onboard / 100 GB online
Screen: 5.2” IPS LCD 1080p, Gorilla Glass 4
Rear Camera: 13MP with phase detection autofocus, dual tone flash
Front camera: 5MP
Battery: 2680 mAh
Dual front facing stereo speakers
Fingerprint sensor
NFC
Quick charging
Bluetooth 4.0 LE
WiFi A/B/G/N/AC
Dimensions: 149mm x 72mm x 7mm
Weight: Approx. 150g
GPS enabled
GSM Version (for AT&T and TMobile networks in the US; best choice for all international backers including Canada)

GSM 850/900/1800/1900
HSPA 850/900/1700/1800/1900/2100
LTE Bands 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/20/28
CDMA Version (for Sprint and Verizon networks in the US)

CDMA 800/1900
GSM 850/900/1800/1900
HSPA 1700/1800/1900/2100
LTE Bands 1/2/3/4/7/13/20/25/26/41

A part the specs that looks good and quite updated the things that catch my attentions are the design, the aluminum body, the attention they are giving to the camera, the fingerprint reader on the side,the stereo front speaker, the fact that they guarantee updates in decent time (they're already working on Android M) and last but not least the 100Gb on cloud and how the phone use it.

Comes already with unlocked bootloader and you're free to flash any rom you want, in case of troubles you won't lose your warranty.

Price? 349$ + VAT & Shipping.

Not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom