• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ugh my phone has been running like shiet lately even after a factory reset.

Need dem Nexus phones fast. Thankfully the Axon 7 is sold out so I could only cave on the OP3.

Edit: OP3 has like a 4 week turnaround to get to you and the Axon seems like it isn't shipping any more units to the states till Sept 9th?

Wtf

Need dem Nexus phones fast. Thankfully the Axon 7 is sold out so I could only cave on the OP3.

Edit: OP3 has like a 4 week turnaround to get to you and the Axon seems like it isn't shipping any more units to the states till Sept 9th?

Wtf

The $400 phone market struggle is real.

FFP2

So, does it work well?
The only way to get 1080p for games on stock android is to change device resolution and dpi through adb, which sucks.

It works great. Get 5+ hours of Pokemon Go at 720p. Only issue is that there's a bug where the saturation is boosted a bit and that games play horribly with the 30fps option.

Wtf

How about a huawei honour 8 bruh

derExperte

Agreed. Hoping for some close out sales on the S2 as I am simply not going to pay $500 for a tablet in 2016/2017

Got a S2 9.7 (2016) last week for 269€ from Amazon.de thanks to Samsung offering 100€ cashback. Also came with a cover, best tablet deal I've seen in a long while and a great upgrade from my Fire HDX 7. It has some minor drawbacks like slow charging and average performance but I'm not a power user and it's so damn thin and light enough to hold with one hand, exactly what I was looking for.

My Note 5 has been acting up pretty badly the last few days. Phone is running hot and the battery drains faster than usual (I'm just browsing GAF most of the time), there's bouts of extreme lag that have frozen my phone completely even when I'm just sitting in the home screen with no apps open, scrolling is really choppy now in many apps when it was buttery smooth before, even the keyboard is acting out by being unresponsive and sometimes not showing autocorrect options at the top. I've restarted my phone several times but issues persist.

Anyone have any idea? Should I just wipe the phone to factory settings?

No Love

Banned
My Note 5 has been acting up pretty badly the last few days. Phone is running hot and the battery drains faster than usual (I'm just browsing GAF most of the time), there's bouts of extreme lag that have frozen my phone completely even when I'm just sitting in the home screen with no apps open, scrolling is really choppy now in many apps when it was buttery smooth before, even the keyboard is acting out by being unresponsive and sometimes not showing autocorrect options at the top. I've restarted my phone several times but issues persist.

Now that the Note 7 is out, Samsung activated the backdoor that causes errors and performance issues on Note 4/5 owners to get them to upgrade. Your only option is to get a Note 7.

Vanillalite

The $400 phone market struggle is real.

From the OP forums

screenshot_2016-08-20jrqd1.jpg

I think it's the idea that nobody wants the 810 chip anymore so it's creating a lot different market forces currently.

Saiyan-Rox

From the OP forums

I think it's the idea that nobody wants the 810 chip anymore so it's creating a lot different market forces currently.

They pretty much sold out, I think carl said there would be about a month wait as the devices aren't even there yet, they've to be made.

Vanillalite

So it's basically pay $600+ for a Samsung or else get a fire sale 5X if you need a cheap burner.

If neither then you gonna have to wait a month.

Wish Google would hurry the fuck up and announce the new Nexus phones.

Paznos

So it's basically pay $600+ for a Samsung or else get a fire sale 5X if you need a cheap burner.

If neither then you gonna have to wait a month.

Wish Google would hurry the fuck up and announce the new Nexus phones.

Me too, my LG G3 sim card slot keeps giving me invalid card errors.

I was interested in the Note 7 but not $850 interested.

Vanillalite

Also OP sucks cause they charge you up front. So like you pay $400 then wait a month to get your shit.

PS: My homie. I also am using a G3.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

You should do a factory reset. That's my vote.

Jeffrey

Man, people were wondering if huawei will have a hard time in this $400 price bracket...

but if they are the only ones in stock in september.

"Hey kids! "

tzare

Me too, my LG G3 sim card slot keeps giving me invalid card errors.

I was interested in the Note 7 but not $850 interested.
I'm in the same boat. Plus those gorilla glass 5 issues.... I could get it for 720€ but still to pricey... Will keep with my note 4 and wait for Nexus or just for a price drop or even wait another year.

Vanillalite

Man, people were wondering if huawei will have a hard time in this $400 price bracket...

but if they are the only ones in stock in september.

"Hey kids! "

You can preorder the Axon, but who knows how many they will actually have made.

Probably an initial wave. Then they are stuck like OnePlus.

Makes me worried for the Nexus Stock.

Jeffrey

You can preorder the Axon, but who knows how many they will actually have made.

Probably an initial wave. Then they are stuck like OnePlus.

Makes me worried for the Nexus Stock.

ZTE wasn't prepared for axon blowing up in the west. They have no warranty phones available atm lol.

Do nexus devices usually do amazing at launch? never paid attention.

Vanillalite

Maybe the V20 will put downward pressure on the G5 pricing.

Aa for the Nexus hype has been all over the place each year due to a myriad of factors?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Listening to music, browsing the web, texting. Not gaming.

Nexus 6P slows to a crawl.

Snapdragon 810.

Snapdragon 810.

I can do a ton of things at once on it and it never slows to a crawl. It only every crawls when it's trying to install things while doing something else. But that's normal. It's just you, man.

Vanillalite

Snapdragon 810.

Why do you think all of the budget 820 phones are sold out?

Cause like I said everyone trying to ditch that fucking furnace heater 810 phone!

WoodWERD

Got my ZUK Z2 Pro, pretty happy with it so far after upgrading from a Mi3. Are there any good spyware apps that don't require root access?

not really enjoying my iphone6s anymorem
im having an android itch. 5x is $270 here my place but the nexuses is just a month away. hurry up Google!

Got my ZUK Z2 Pro, pretty happy with it so far after upgrading from a Mi3. Are there any good spyware apps that don't require root access?
Welcome to the Zuk CLUB. Lol. I have the Z2 and it's amazing.

Some helpful pages are zukfans.eu and XDA. I'm going to install CM13 when it gets more stable.

Or rather Qualcomm or Google backed devices.

Seems like Exynos based devices rarely get two levels of Android updates.

Watch the Galaxy S6 get shafted after Nougat.

This was only one os upgrade. I believe it received lollipop and that was it. Pathetic.

Of course the S6 will get shafted after nougat but not until its update comes 9 months late and ruins the phone.

KissVibes

Banned
Am I going to find a better phone for $200 than the 5X? Google is offering that price when you get Google Fi. Seems like a pretty solid phone.

I currently have a Samsung S6 but I had an issue with family, so I need to return the phone and cancel my service. I don't particularly like it. Phone gets really hot and the auto focus is terrible.

I need to buy a phone outright and my budget is fairly limited atm. Most I could do is like $400 but at that point, I'd just buy a used iPhone SE. Mainly looking for a good camera as I take a lot of pictures for work.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Am I going to find a better phone for $200 than the 5X? Google is offering that price when you get Google Fi. Seems like a pretty solid phone.

I currently have a Samsung S6 but I had an issue with family, so I need to return the phone and cancel my service. I don't particularly like it. Phone gets really hot and the auto focus is terrible.

I need to buy a phone outright and my budget is fairly limited atm. Most I could do is like $400 but at that point, I'd just buy a used iPhone SE. Mainly looking for a good camera as I take a lot of pictures for work.
Nextbit Robin.

My iPad Air 2 is pissing me off now. iTunes is terrible to use to transfer my music (and I got the 128 gb version for that reason ugh), the lack of .webm support, and now Safari is borderline unusuable for some of my more frequent sites. Going into Reddit for instance is a coin flip on whether the browser crashes (don't know it's a memory issue but even a single tab could make it crash)

So I'm looking for the best android tablet for mainly browser use. Not really concerned with apps or OS, that's what my phone is for, just a tablet with great specs and great browsing experience.

Blitzhex

My 6p loves getting hot running at 40-55c, but it never throttles down so much as to be slow or stutter. I use it for hours on end sometimes, when I don't have a pc near me. That's on wifi though, maybe it throttles on lte?

Groof

Snapdragon 810.

slows to a crawl is a bit of an overstatement but it can get very slow doing these things sometimes, especially when using play music for some reason. then again the play music app is pure and utter garbage.

Quasar

My iPad Air 2 is pissing me off now. iTunes is terrible to use to transfer my music (and I got the 128 gb version for that reason ugh), the lack of .webm support, and now Safari is borderline unusuable for some of my more frequent sites. Going into Reddit for instance is a coin flip on whether the browser crashes (don't know it's a memory issue but even a single tab could make it crash)

So I'm looking for the best android tablet for mainly browser use. Not really concerned with apps or OS, that's what my phone is for, just a tablet with great specs and great browsing experience.

Cant help you the latter, but with the former I use chrome and it works fine for me except when you go to some forums that have threads with lots of embedded youtube links. Lack of ram I assume.

For reddit I use apps, but I'm not a regular reddit user.

I'm not even sure what competes with ipad anymore as android seems mostly low end mini tablets now. Surface would seem like the other option.

Bboy AJ

is it me or has the whole CAF browser thingum died down :/
the updates do not seem as forthcoming anymore :/
Yeah. Haven't had an update in forever. Weak. It's still a good browser, though.

I'm stuck on Fleksy and CAF.

Top Bottom