• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Walgreens is the first company to integrate a loyalty program with Android Pay

WalgreensAndroidPay.jpg

Today, Walgreens announces that is the first company to integrate a loyalty program with Android Pay. This is very convenient, as it means there is one less card for the customer to carry and pull out at the register (or enter their phone number). Using their Android phone, they can tap once to both pay and earn points. Nice!

"Balance Rewards members can now seamlessly apply their loyalty account at checkout through Android Pay, furthering the convenience of earning and redeeming points and expanding the company’s portfolio of unified mobile payments solutions. This latest integration gives the more than 85 million active Balance Rewards members, many of whom use Android devices, another easy, secure and private way to earn and use loyalty points in-store, and eliminates the need to separately scan or enter their Balance Rewards card", says Walgreens.

The V20 being the first phone to ship with Android N out of the box is disappointing. Pretty much kills any hope that the new Nexus phones were going to come out early this year. The V20 probably will not come out until the middle or end of September and so the Nexus phones will probably be standard late September unveiling and then ship in October.

Jigolo

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2016/08/taking-final-wrapper-off-of-nougat.html

Megaton (at least if it means what I think it means)

We’re moving Nougat into a new regular maintenance schedule over the coming quarters. In fact, we’ve already started work on the first Nougat maintenance release, that will bring continued refinements and polish, and we’re planning to bring that to you this fall as a developer preview. Stay tuned!

I've been saying this since we started receiving the dumb useless monthly security patches. They are finally doing something about it. This is a much better way of handling updates then little 3mb updates each month that sometimes even BREAK shit on your phone.

Give us 1 update each quarter or something with all included security updates plus use the time to polish the fuckkkkk out of your OS. Without adding any new major features.

7.0.1 in Dec, 7.0.2 in March, 7.0.3 in June - something like that

Agent

I just got the notification on my 6p to upgrade to 7.0. Problem is, when i click Download it takes me to the System Update screen and nothing happens. It is just sitting on the blank update screen, the bar is moving like it is doing something but nothing pops up. I'm guessing I may have gotten it a bit too early or the server is getting slammed.

I was in the 7.0 beta also, which may be why I'm getting it so fast.

Saiyan-Rox

Just got the OTA on my Pixel

Now for that sweet sweet AOSP drop

EDIT: Lol it's only a 26MB update from dev 5 to full release xD

i got my 7.0 update on my 6p

also i turned on my z3 to use it to take a picture of the dbrand skin i got to show a friend and it was searing hot and fucking CRACKLING

not the speakers, the phone itself was CRACKLING

what the fuck

Saiyan-Rox

So no Nexus devices got the new launcher or boot animation with the official release?

Sooo these gonna come to Nexus at a later date or are they new nexus exclusive? have to say if it's the latter I don't like it.

Hmm... so just enrolled in Android Beta on my 5X and received the Nougat OTA. Downloaded and installed, but now the phone keeps freezing during the boot animation and restarting. Infinite boot loop, I guess is what it's called? Anyone know of a fix?

OmegaFax

The OTA links posted on AndroidPolice ... least the Nexus 5X one is what you'd receive if you're updating from the latest August release of Marshmallow -> Nougat.

The only thing I suggest is ... if you want root, it's probably a good idea to flash using FlashFire with the OTA zip and SuperSU zip. I don't think TWRP has been updated to support Nougat yet.

Noema

Hmm... so just enrolled in Android Beta on my 5X and received the Nougat OTA. Downloaded and installed, but now the phone keeps freezing during the boot animation and restarting. Infinite boot loop, I guess is what it's called? Anyone know of a fix?

Can you boot into recovery? If so, try wiping the cache partition and see if that pulls you out of the bootloop.

If not, you'll probably have to manually flash the factory image.

The OTA links posted on AndroidPolice ... least the Nexus 5X one is what you'd receive if you're updating from the latest August release of Marshmallow -> Nougat.

The only thing I suggest is ... if you want root, it's probably a good idea to flash using FlashFire with the OTA zip and SuperSU zip. I don't think TWRP has been updated to support Nougat yet.

TWRP works fine on Nougat. At least it does in DP5.

Anyone have a huawei p9?

Friend is thinking of getting one and is looking up reviews and what not.

It sounds OK but I still dont know what to make of huawei for whatever reason.

Jeffrey

Anyone have a huawei p9?

Friend is thinking of getting one and is looking up reviews and what not.

It sounds OK but I still dont know what to make of huawei for whatever reason.

its still wrecking most of anandtech's benchmarks for non gpu stuff lol. Kirin 955 is a beast.

Why not wait for the Honor mate 8? Way cheaper with the same camera sensors (?) and a slightly slower processor.

Not really. Ask the early Windows 10 adopters how that went for them.

no issues with windows 10! That anniversary update tho fucked my shit (took me a while to debug but it was due to having changed the windows store app location to a different drive... wtf).

Top Bottom