• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Noema

Battery life on N is shit, reverted to dp5 which I was getting good battery on before I upgraded it to the final release. Now the battery on dp5 is still crap, android OS/system top of the chart. Think I'm going to revert to MM

Android System drain is out of control for me. I've never experienced anything like it before.

So far the Axon 7 seems like a pretty sweet phone. It's actually much smaller than I thought it would be and looks alot nicer in person than in pics. It's hard to justify paying $400 for it though compared to my OPO. My OPO is like butter on CM 13.0 nightlies. Think it will go back and I'll get new Nexus. I want wifi calling on T-Mobile.

Jeffrey

35 out of 2.5 million exploded.

thats winning a smallish lottery!

might as well just sleep with your note 7 on your face with it charging ;)

35 out of 2.5 million exploded.

thats winning a smallish lottery!

might as well just sleep with your note 7 on your face with it charging ;)

not with the 3ft cable that comes in the box.

so used to 4ft ones that came with previous phones, wtf Sammy!?

i hope we get to keep the accessories.q

Toki767

I'm sure a very small percentage of batteries actually got fried, but I'd say kudos to Samsung for doing a recall rather than putting on some "shit happens" PR.

Jeffrey

feel like they probably noticed something else when investigating the note 7.

Or maybe all the phones are a ticking time bomb and will 'explode' within the year or something.

hope some people don't return it and keep using it.

Dobsie

So I thought I'd give a custom ROM a go seeing as I was going to revert to MM. Running Pure Nexus which I was surprised doesn't come pre rooted, meaning Android pay will work on it. I like all the additional little tweaks over stock Android and most importantly the battery life is very good, sitting at just under 2 hours sot with 70℅ battery remaining.
Can't believe Google released 7.0 with these terrible Android OS/system battery drains. I'll most certainly wait now for a custom ROM based on 7.1 without all the bugs.

Hasney

So I thought I'd give a custom ROM a go seeing as I was going to revert to MM. Running Pure Nexus which I was surprised doesn't come pre rooted, meaning Android pay will work on it. I like all the additional little tweaks over stock Android and most importantly the battery life is very good, sitting at just under 2 hours sot with 70℅ battery remaining.
Can't believe Google released 7.0 with these terrible Android OS/system battery drains. I'll most certainly wait now for a custom ROM based on 7.1 without all the bugs.

The battery drains are on a case by case basis, not for everyone. I fresh flashed Nougat and it got rid of my drains anyway.

Dobsie

The battery drains are on a case by case basis, not for everyone. I fresh flashed Nougat and it got rid of my drains anyway.
Well I seem to have read a lot of reports of it on XDA and Reddit, did a total of 3 fresh installs of N myself and all had the bug.

thenexus6

So surprise this morning. After sending my Moto G 3rd gen to Motorola on the 2nd of August I received it back in the post this morning.

It's a long story, but I eventually got to the point of direct contact with a supervisor and receiving daily updates because of how bad they were acting.

Anyway heard from them on Friday via email saying they were unable to reach the repair centre. They are shut on weekends so was expecting to hear back today. I got home and my phone was here. It had blue film over the screen was I was like great. I peeled it off and underneath was my screen protector still on, so not sure if they even fixed it.. The problem was the screen so I kinda expected a new one. Unless they kept the same glass panel and worked underneath. Who knows..

I've set the phone up and the problem I had (ghost touch) is still there, maybe not as bad though.

So it took me over 1 month to get my phone back, and they probably didn't even fix it. Awesome job Motorola. I am going to completely avoid you going forth and never buying a Motorola phone again. But hey, they offered me a free flip case for my troubles.

Noema

A few posts on Reddit suggest it's sync errors, try looking for them under accounts and disabling/re-enabling to fix.

Tried this yesterday and Android System drain is back to normal: drained just 12% in my last full discharge.

This is promising.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The only good thing is Apple goes this week.

So not only do we have something to look forward too, but I assume Google won't announce any till after Apple goes.

So the sooner Apple goes the sooner Google make's their own move.

Jeffrey

So not only do we have something to look forward too, but I assume Google won't announce any till after Apple goes.

sony is this week too.

And NX is possibly soonish?

Good month for tech.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I just bought my first tablet on amazon, and will primarily be using it for school- reading PDFs while doing homework on my laptop, internet browsing and whatnot Is there a good app for taking notes, highlighting, etc in PDFs?

Tablet is a Lenovo Tab 2 A10.

reKon

Banned
IFA was kind of a bust. did anything of note come from it?

Oh right htere is the new sony phones.

Not sure what people expect a lot from this from Android. The only timing that this falls into is Sony's releases, since they are on a weird schedule. MWC is really the big conference for that.

And there were other cool tech things that were at IFA, but they had nothing to with Android.

Vanillalite

Not sure what people expect a lot from this from Android. The only timing that this falls into is Sony's releases, since they are on a weird schedule. MWC is really the big conference for that.

And there were other cool tech things that were at IFA, but they had nothing to with Android.

Galaxy Tab S3?

reKon

Banned
Galaxy Tab S3?

No one is prioritizing Android tablets and it has been this way for the past year. I think I was the only one to realize that when I was looking for what tablet to get last year. Asus announced theirs with no communication about when it would actually released. That release got pushed back like months and was silently stocked into stores. I think I remember Samsung being quiet about the Galaxy Tab S2 launch. Yes, it was their flagship product, but I feel like this barely put any marketing into it even though it's currently the thinnest tablet in the world...

Nvidia was very quiet about their SHIELD K1 refresh and now it's barely in stock anywhere again I think. They never went through with a rumored X1 based tablet. Google barely talks about Pixel products in general so it wasn't surprising that they barely talk about the Pixel C. No discounts on their keyboard or nothing at all after all this time. It's fantastic tablet, but with slightly outdated specs now.

With the Tab S3, it would be awesome if Samsung went for power by including the Exynos 8890, but I'm willing to bet that the Tab S2 was a high margin product for them using older parts and it left people like me still surprisingly satisfied. It was just a really good performing tablet. I think it's more likely they do the same thing instead of trying to compete with the iPad Pro.

You're acting like new phones aren't planned over a year on advance and Google is waiting for Apple to reveal their 1+ year in The making device before they design and referral theirs in 1 day

Vanillalite

I love my Nexus 7, and I still use it to this day.

That being said with larger phones now IDK. I'd prefer something in between this and the Pixel C. I get why you'd want something different than the Pixel C 10" biggie size. I just don't know if a 7" display is big enough.

I mean the iPad Mini is smaller than the iPad, but it's not THAT small. 7.9" makes it basically a full inch bigger. Something between 7.9-9 inches would be more preferable.

rc213

Praise the Tablet Gods, My prayers have been answered!!!

Also, Axon 7 has a second update coming this month to coincide with the launch in France i believe.

Top Bottom