• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

reKon

Banned
I consider Android OT a safezone...

Has anyone actually been banned for something said within these threads? Lol

Jeffrey

hmmm still getting occasional freezes in apps '___ not responding' and I press wait for it to be fixed.

wonder if its some specific app I have in the background?

Might just sell this axon 7 and get a OP3 (or the new iphone if I have a few too much to drink) if I can't figure out the issue.

He's right but yeah, the mods are God on this forum and you never question them ever or they'll kill you. It's always been like that so AJ should really know better at this point.

Who the hell cares? We are here to speak our minds and people shouldn't hide their opinion for nerdy mods having a power trip.

I consider Android OT a safezone...

Has anyone actually been banned for something said within these threads? Lol

Talk shit about Android you are safe. Apple you are starting to play with fire..

I actually was told AJ reported me when I got banned in an Android thread a few moons ago.. ironically..

Honestly not sure if it was really him or not though.

Jeffrey

Thought any phone could do this...

phones need to be 'whitelisted'. Otherwise all 1080p 60fps videos will max at 480p.

It's stupid.

For the big boys in the US like apple, samsung, etc not an issue, but chinese phones can take a month or more.

You can always just root your phone and spoof it as a samsung or something, but its an extra hassle.

VoxPop

phones need to be 'whitelisted'. Otherwise all 1080p 60fps videos will max at 480p.

It's stupid.

For the big boys in the US like apple, samsung, etc not an issue, but chinese phones can take a month or more.

You can always just root your phone and spoof it as a samsung or something, but its an extra hassle.

That's pretty stupid but you get what you pay for.

Excited to get back home tomorrow and play with the Note 7 before I have to return it or if it blows off one of my hands.

Jeffrey

That's pretty stupid but you get what you pay for.

Excited to get back home tomorrow and play with the Note 7 before I have to return it or if it blows off one of my hands.

Well I think an LG flagship had this issue before too lol.

No clue why there is even a white list. YouTube app should detect what specs your phone has and determine playback from that.

Groof

man if they release a new nexus 7 i'd be so thrilled. the n7 2013 is still a good tablet though that gets regular use

Saiyan-Rox

I have a Nexus 5x and still haven't received the Nougat update.
Is it reasonable?

Reasonable you haven't got it? Then yeah as Google still use the rollout system so it could take weeks to hit everyone.

If you're impatient there should be ota files to sideload on Google's website.

Protome

I had to stop using my Nexus 7 (2013) as I primarily used it for videos and over the last year or so it has started to become really stuttery with HD Videos making it useless as anything but a chromecast remote.

I'd definitely buy one with better hardware though.

Quixzlizx

Who the hell cares? We are here to speak our minds and people shouldn't hide their opinion for nerdy mods having a power trip.

Talk shit about Android you are safe. Apple you are starting to play with fire..

I actually was told AJ reported me when I got banned in an Android thread a few moons ago.. ironically..

Honestly not sure if it was really him or not though.

I've been banned twice. Once for using a banned meme I wasn't aware of (but still my fault). The other was calling Apple fans delusional when they were talking about Samsung ripping off Apple in a thread discussing an article about Apple ripping off Samsung.

Jeffrey

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/9/6/12798436/amazon-moto-g-play-prime-exclusive-unlocked

moto g play added to 'amazon prime with ads on lock screen' line of phones.

$100

The Play has a 5-inch, 720p display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage plus microSD card expansion, a 2,800mAh battery, an 8-megapixel rear camera, and a 5-megapixel front camera. It runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and is compatible with all four major networks in the US, including Sprint and Verizon.

I assume like with the other ones, you can just install a 3rd party lockscreen to not see ads.

RuGalz

No clue why there is even a white list. YouTube app should detect what specs your phone has and determine playback from that.

Probably to deal with driver bugs, os version bugs, fragmentation in general and other reasons I can theorize. Even some the same chipset, different OEM release can have different bugs preventing things to work properly. It's much easier to update a database on their end than pushing it down to every single install.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Phandroid

Thankfully we won’t have to wait too long, and if you’re hungry for info now, then that’s on tap, too. Courtesy of Weibo leaksters via Android Pure, here’s a pretty telling list of what to expect from the LG V20’s internals:

5.7-inch 2560 x 1440 display
Snapdragon 820 chipset
4GB of RAM
dual-rear 16-megapixel cameras
Fingerprint sensor
4,000mAh battery

So my wife and I recently got Droid Maxx 2's and she is trying to play Pokemon Go on heres but it constantly says GPS signal lost no matter where we go or what we are doing. Does anyone know what she can do to fix this. It is beyond infuriating.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
LG-V20.jpg

http://www.phone-probe.com/lg-v20-leaks-ahead-of-unveiling/

Jeffrey

There really is just gonna be like a handful of phones getting 821 eh?

What other unannounced flagships of 2016 are left besides Pixel?

No Love

Banned
LG V20 unveiling at 6PM PST tonight.

Wonder if it'll have the 4000 mAh battery. And hopefully it's $650 instead of $800.

Did the V10 have the boot looping issue like the G4?

It did. From what I heard, I thought that resulted from low quality soldering. Hopefully the V20 and G5 don't suffer from the same issue.

Really hoping LG hits one out of the park this time around. The DAC solution and 4000mAh battery are both very nice, imo. I might be all over that if it has water resistance and an unlockable bootloader.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Top Bottom