• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Thinking about picking up an Honor 8. Anyone have 1?

i have one Jazzy, i'll break it down for you like this.

Pros:
Fast as hell (didn't try gaming)
Fast fingerprint scanner (acts as a button that has shortcuts)
Good enough screen
Good enough battery
fast charging,
great size for one handed use

Cons:
if you want any form of stock android stay away, I got used to EMUI quick but its got quirks.

Jeffrey

Seems like it can take up to a week for a new one. Are carriers doing loaner phones during that down period?

i have one Jazzy, i'll break it down for you like this.

Pros:
Fast as hell (didn't try gaming)
Fast fingerprint scanner (acts as a button that has shortcuts)
Good enough screen
Good enough battery
fast charging,
great size for one handed use

Cons:
if you want any form of stock android stay away, I got used to EMUI quick but its got quirks.

Android police was shitting on the notification panel hard. You have any issues?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...a-bargain-of-a-phone-if-you-can-live-with-it/

snacknuts

we all knew her
I've had a Nexus 6P since launch and it's the best phone over ever had, but I'd like something smaller. I'm waiting to check out the new smaller Nexus, but if that fails to impress what should I get? A 5X?

I've had a Nexus 6P since launch and it's the best phone over ever had, but I'd like something smaller. I'm waiting to check out the new smaller Nexus, but if that fails to impress what should I get? A 5X?

If the new Nexus
actually Pixel
phone failed to impress you why on earth would the 5x?

The 5x gets 2 hours of sot, has 2 GB of RAM, a tinny speaker and cheap oversized construction. It's a great value phone but switching to it at this point is not intelligent.

Just wait for the new phones before worrying about any of this.

Seems like it can take up to a week for a new one. Are carriers doing loaner phones during that down period?

Android police was shitting on the notification panel hard. You have any issues?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...a-bargain-of-a-phone-if-you-can-live-with-it/

not really,yeah it looks like iOS but for the apps I have installed it didn't cause me any issues. I can see how some people may not like how the notifications are formatted, some of the notifications were squished and looked odd.

YouTube emui 5.0 for the p9 they are changing up the notifications quite a bit. I actually like emui, it goes all in on its ui. it doesn't try to be partially stock and then look like shit (Axon 7).

All this talk about the sound quality I can't wait to laugh if it ends up performing worse than the Axon 7. I hope nobody suckers themselves into buying this thing given that LG's last 3 phones have all encountered boot-loop issues among other terrible QC issues.

Jeffrey

multimedia super device... bottom speaker, ehhhh.

Camera and mic seems good, overkill for me though. Battery is not as rumors... but it being removable is nice.

Honor 8 is in stock at best buy, think ill pick one up to play around for 15 days.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The price thing seems to be on purpose which makes me think uh oh.

If the price was really good they'd be trumpeting that fact.

Expect it to be $600 minimum, and probably more like $700 at launch.

Jeffrey

hmmm uninstalled some launchers and shit that seemed to be running in the background. not seeing any 'freezes' now.

Always have to be wary in Android land...

Jeffrey

2GB of ram won't cut it for the amount of accounts and multitasking I'll be doing.

well moto x pure has better specs than the g4. They are slacking on updates though, but you can always go custom roms. Also for some reason the 16gb has like 8gb of room free out of the box. It was complaining about low memory within days of normal use and no big games installed.

If you can find a 32gb, get that.

FAA considers banning the galaxy note 7 from us airlines: http://www.phonearena.com/news/FAA-c...rlines_id85084

Welp, we've hit wtf territory

Would have been 'banned' a while ago if Samsung actually went through the proper recall procedures lol.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
So, I replaces my stuff stolen phone with a Blu Energy X2,yeah it is a budget phone but the build quality is nice and the battery is a beast.

I've been constantly on the internet watching videos ect, for 5:30 hours. My battery only went down from 65% -> 20%.

So not even half the charge was depleted Ed with heavy use constantly over 5 hours.

Vanillalite

Moto X Pure 16GB (3GB ram) or Moto G4 64GB (4GB ram)?

Thanks

Just tpain on the web version of group me for another month and save up for the $400 level and get either the OP3, Axon 7, or Honor 8. Plus by then the Nexus phones will be announced so you can see their pricing.

Vanillalite

Quite serious haven't kept up

Apple is today 1 PM Real Time (ET)
Sony (PlayStation) is today 3 PM Real Time (ET)

Google nor Nintendo have announced press dates yet. Expect more information to come from both after Apple and Sony get out of the way.

Hasney

Apple is today 1 PM Real Time (ET)
Sony (PlayStation) is today 3 PM Real Time (ET)

Google nor Nintendo have announced press dates yet. Expect more information to come from both after Apple and Sony get out of the way.

You missed the big one. Thursday, September 29, 2016 from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM (PDT), Amazon of shopping fame, announces PC GAMES.

Everyone was smart to keep out the way of that one.

Vanillalite

I can feel AJ's energy rising from here as the countdown to his glorious headphone jackless future is incoming lol

Jeffrey

the current Samsung galaxy design is 2 years old now. Whats the odds on the s8 missing that headphone jack?

I'm feeling pretty low. Samsung didn't rip off the 3d touch, they seem to be doing their own thing now. Wonder if they will still keep the glass back, probably for wireless charging?

tzare

the current Samsung galaxy design is 2 years old now. Whats the odds on the s8 missing that headphone jack?

I'm feeling pretty low. Samsung didn't rip off the 3d touch, they seem to be doing their own thing now. Wonder if they will still keep the glass back, probably for wireless charging?

i hope that after note 7 battery fiasco they go back to remobable batteries. It is not only a matter of having a spare one, but it is really a 'feature' to consider if you plan to keep your phone for + 18 months, since it seems fast charging really harms battery longevity and i'd rather buy a new one than send the phone to replace it

Top Bottom