• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

lol

ugSFm2I.png

China dont care

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
GSM Arena put up some pic samples from the Xperia XZ, and dare I say they look...good?

Click

edit: the lame 'oil painting' post processing effect is still there though

Protome

GSM Arena put up some pic samples from the Xperia XZ, and dare I say they look...good?

Click

edit: the lame 'oil painting' post processing effect is still there though
I feel like I'm the only one looking forward to this phone but going with a Lumia-esque design and a great camera? I'm on board!

wilflare

finally upgraded to Nougat on my 6P. switching back from CAF to Chrome Beta too. (though I do miss the built-in adblocker)

wondering if I should download Chromer

Nougat battery life is looking all that good

Calderc

So I got my first ever Android phone today, the Galaxy S7 Edge, and I'm having some major issues. I cant seem to download any apps, it just stays stuck on Download Pending and never moves. Any ideas?

So I got my first ever Android phone today, the Galaxy S7 Edge, and I'm having some major issues. I cant seem to download any apps, it just stays stuck on Download Pending and never moves. Any ideas?

That's a google play issue. I usually fix it by cancelling the one it looks like it's currently downloading from the list. You could also trying closing google play store and reopening it.

Nice one, got it to work, cheers!

Sure, enjoy the new phone! Remember, depending on where you come from Android is much more flexible, so you can customize your look or change text messaging apps. I recommend Google Messenger for text since you can send gifs to people or Nova if you want more of a stock Android look.

Calderc

Sure, enjoy the new phone! Remember, depending on where you come from Android is much more flexible, so you can customize your look or change text messaging apps. I recommend Google Messenger for text since you can send gifs to people or Nova if you want more of a stock Android look.

I'm coming at this from a Windows Phone so it's already feeling like something from the future compared to that bloody thing.

Any other must have apps/tricks i should know about?

Jeffrey

I can just imagine people at samsung pacing back and forth waiting for the note 7 'fixes' to be done and get their marketing on full drive to spin the battery business away.

if they can't make decent gains in arguably the 'most controversia/ rehash designl' iphone since launch... then idk.

Mean while, X Compact is priced at £359.99 in UK. Sony please.

I'm coming at this from a Windows Phone so it's already feeling like something from the future compared to that bloody thing.

http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/12-android-gestures-you-might-not-know-about-1786423555
http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/14-things-you-can-do-in-android-marshmallow-that-you-co-1736673078

Little things that might help

If you are feeling brave you could root and install ad blockers and Xposed to get more features. Read up on xda-developers about that. I also recommend installing greenify. Can't really think of anything else.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Upgraded to a Nexus 6P yesterday and I'm falling more and more in love with the thing every minute that I'm using it. Kinda felt like a marginal upgrade from my Moto X 2013 because the UI is so similar but the difference are quite striking when it comes to the hardware.

Upgraded to a Nexus 6P yesterday and I'm falling more and more in love with the thing every minute that I'm using it. Kinda felt like a marginal upgrade from my Moto X 2013 because the UI is so similar but the difference are quite striking when it comes to the hardware.

Hopefully you got in on the cheap...

Cyanity

Banned
Question for Android people - I'm planning on upgrading from the Galaxy S5 soon, and am torn between the S7 edge and the S7. Is there any noticeable difference between the two? I feel like the curved screen is just more glass to break, but if someone with an edge can offer up a compelling reason to get that phone over the normal S7, I'll consider it!

Question for Android people - I'm planning on upgrading from the Galaxy S5 soon, and am torn between the S7 edge and the S7. Is there any noticeable difference between the two? I feel like the curved screen is just more glass to break, but if someone with an edge can offer up a compelling reason to get that phone over the normal S7, I'll consider it!

Better battery life is the main thing.

do you like better battery life? get the edge.

Jeffrey

Battery and 'sex' factor.

And don't expect to see 'flat screen' flagship samsungs for much longer. Feels like signs are pointing to the curved being the only option maybe as early as s8.

Klocker

can anyone recommend a decent Auto Bluetooth reader, reply app?

I am coming from Windows phone where it was built in flawless read/reply text anytime on Bluetooth... all the apps I've tried so far do not activate properly on their own and/or their features or interfaces suck

Jeffrey

The edge is too much but I really dig the note 7. Curved just enough to feel good on the hand without crazy distortion of screen.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I like the clean look of the OP3. Just needs to somehow add in front facing stereo speakers. It looks great for $400. They can keep the design for the OP4 and just add in next year's chipset and a QHD screen and I'm in like Flynn.

Zapages

My AT&T Note 4 finally got Marshmallow today, but after the upgrade it killed my 128 GB microSDHC Card. ARGH!!! :| I had pictures with my grandparents and recordings of his tales of when he was young. So many things. I can't lose them as they are really personal.

I am trying right now to recover all of my photos, pictures, and audio recordings. Is there a good tool to do it for cheap or better yet free. It has a hard time being seen by Windows 10 right now through.

Although I am using this http://www.stellarinfo.com/windows-data-recovery.php and it has been having some luck so far. But I will have to pay to actually recover the files?

Any other alternatives?

I really wish I could create threads at times like these. :(

wilflare

My AT&T Note 4 finally got Marshmallow today, but after the upgrade it killed my 128 GB microSDHC Card. ARGH!!! :| I had pictures with my grandparents and recordings of his tales of when he was young. So many things. I can't lose them as they are really personal.

I am trying right now to recover all of my photos, pictures, and audio recordings. Is there a good tool to do it for cheap or better yet free. It has a hard time being seen by Windows 10 right now through.

Although I am using this http://www.stellarinfo.com/windows-data-recovery.php and it has been having some luck so far. But I will have to pay to actually recover the files?

Any other alternatives?

I really wish I could create threads at times like these. :(

try posting on XDA forums for help
in the meanwhile, try not to access the memory card until you found a proper solution

So my carrier (Verizon) has a deal going on right now where I get a $200 bill credit if I trade in my phone towards an LG G5. I've ready some reviews that aren't exactly glowing, but I was impressed by the look and feel of the phone, and the smaller size is nicer on my hands. Does anyone have any firsthand experience?

Ryne

Any Canadians (or Americans, doesn't matter), know of a way to get the Honor 8 sapphire blue shipped to Canada? I want that phone but Huawei doesn't want to do business up here or something.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
It still boggles my mind that people don't back their stuff up online. I just don't get it. These companies make it automatic too.

So my carrier (Verizon) has a deal going on right now where I get a $200 bill credit if I trade in my phone towards an LG G5. I've ready some reviews that aren't exactly glowing, but I was impressed by the look and feel of the phone, and the smaller size is nicer on my hands. Does anyone have any firsthand experience?

How much would it be after the credit? I wouldn't pay too much for it. I'd say if it's below $400 you can consider it. While performance wise it's good, there's many other issues with it like build quality. Even at $400 it would be hard for me to recommend it over other devices, but I guess since you're on Verizon you can't get a OP3 or Honor 8.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Just save the cash/phone and get an Axon 7. No real reason to get the G5 over this if you have to jump through trading and bill credit hoops.

It still boggles my mind that people don't back their stuff up online. I just don't get it. These companies make it automatic too.

No shit and helping them recover just makes it worse bc they dont learn then. I just tell them they are idiots now hoping they will get a clue.

End of an era.

Also, iPhone announces the murder of 3.5mm and he can't celebrate properly. I would feel very frustrated in his place.

Frustrating? He can get a life now.. This place isnt exactly productive.

Top Bottom