• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

kami_sama

New Android Police pixel prices rounded out with my own predictions. Still below launch prices from Apple, Samsung, HTC, Sony and LG even with the ugly ass premium Qualcomm is charging for the 821.

NO 64 GB MODEL

Pixel - 32GB $550 / 128 GB $650
Pixek XL - 32 GB $650 / 128 GB $750

Keep in mind the iPhone 7 Plus128 GB is $869 dollars. We all know how expensive the note 7 was before it got pulled too.

Hopefully the Google store offers financing like Verizon and Project Fi will.

If prices in europe end up being like those of the 5x and 6p, Google can kiss my money goodbye.
I'll wait for next year's.

Hope we get some confirmed news on the price before the October 4th event. I feel like if it it really does start at $550 I may just get an iPhone 7 instead since it would be cheaper with the deals carriers like AT&T are running. The 24 month agreement is the only con, but not like I'm going anywhere any time soon.

I just looked on ATTs site and all iPhone payment plans for the base model equal out to 650 or 100 more than the base pixel.

Who chooses an entire ecosystem on a $100 difference anyway?

JoeFu

Banned
Wow unfortunate on the pixel pricing. I did have an Axon 7, but retuned it before opening as I had to pay for surgery and stuff. Thinking about ordering it again down the line after they update the notification thing. If these guys can throw out competent phones for 400 bucks... Why would I want a pixel, especially after rumors stock Android going away anyways?

I just looked on ATTs site and all iPhone payment plans for the base model equal out to 650 or 100 more than the base pixel.

Who chooses an entire ecosystem on a $100 difference anyway?
I said with the carrier deal they offer. They have a promotion where you can trade in any iPhone 6 for a free iPhone 7. I can buy an iPhone 6 for about 340 or 410 after taxes and fees for the iPhone. That's an $190 price difference factoring in taxes for the Pixel which is nothing to scoff at.

I'll be happy with either Ecosystem, but regardless of which phone I buy I don't want to be spending a fortune on it. Not to mention (And I don't want to sound cynical) if I've learned anything from Google's past product launches I feel like you need to give them a year of polish and then see how things turn out.I don't know if this sounds fanboyism or anything, but I'm not an Apple fanboy. I just feel like I'd trust Apple more with a $600 purchase than I would Google based off their pasts.

I said with the carrier deal they offer. They have a promotion where you can trade in any iPhone 6 for a free iPhone 7. I can buy an iPhone 6 for about 340 or 410 after taxes and fees for the iPhone. That's an $190 price difference factoring in taxes for the Pixel which is nothing to scoff at.

I'll be happy with either Ecosystem, but regardless of which phone I buy I don't want to be spending a fortune on it. Not to mention (And I don't want to sound cynical) if I've learned anything from Google's past product launches I feel like you need to give them a year of polish and then see how things turn out.I don't know if this sounds fanboyism or anything, but I'm not an Apple fanboy. I just feel like I'd trust Apple more with a $600 purchase than I would Google based off their pasts.

Fair enough on who you would rather give your money to but saying a iPhone is less or equally priced to a $550 Pixel is completely false. Selling used and not locking into contracts always beats carrier deals. You have options you don't just have to do what ATT gives you.

Just go buy an iPhone BC you are doing whatever you can to justify it anyway.

Fair enough on who you would rather give your money to buy saying a iPhone is less or equally priced to a $550 Pixel is completely false. Selling used and not locking into contracts always beats carrier deals.

Just go buy an iPhone BC you are doing whatever you can to justify it anyway.
Triggered? I said it was cheaper based off the deal and I didn't mind getting in a monthly plan. I didn't say "OH THE iPHONE IS CHEAPER PERIOD". You sound all pissy for no reason.

Triggered? I said it was cheaper based off the deal and I didn't mind getting in a monthly plan. I didn't say "OH THE iPHONE IS CHEAPER PERIOD". You sound all pissy for no reason.

You're right. If you want to sign a contract with ATT and not bother with no contract plans and sell your old phone then an iPhone is a cheaper option. Chances are you may not even be able to sign a contract with Pixel phones except Verizon.

It's Oserious. He's always angry and takes shit too serious.

You are way too into me dude.

I wonder if we will hear anything about those two smartwatches Google are supposedly working on at the event. AndroidPolice Didn't even mention them possibly being shown at the event so I wonder if they just forgot about them or if they aren't showing up.

Damn staying true to that Pixel branding. It'll be another expensive device no one but Google die hards will buy.
If they market the crap out of it and get it on every carrier then it could potentially sell well to new customers. I wouldn't be surprised if some people leave iPhone due to the whole headphone jack ordeal and you know there are going to be some would-be Samsung buyers that have since sworn off of them after this Note 7 fiasco and are now looking for a new phone. The potential issue with this is that having it on carriers could ruin the software and if the longterm software experience suffers it will probably push people away from Android as a platform.

Moreche

I can't wait to see the new pixel phones but I hate when Google try to go up against Apple.
Their SOC and camera will suffer. Although I'm waiting on Google Home to be released.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
You are way too into me dude.

No you just continue to shit post and even the new posters here wonder wtf is your problem.

Why you do this I have no idea.

You certainly are an asshole though and showed it to LostMyNarbles. I shouldn't expect anything else from you though.

I can't wait to see the new pixel phones but I hate when Google try to go up against Apple.
Their SOC and camera will suffer. Although I'm waiting on Google Home to be released.

The camera on the Nexus phones last year were pretty much equal or better than an iPhone in lowlight.

Daylight blurred the sky but other than that my 5x camera is sick.

The Nexus 5X/6P held at the very least one of the top three cameras of last year and I'd say it was probably number two behind the S6. The iPhone 6S Plus was good, but it seemed like they were all pretty much neck and neck based off the consensus of a few websites. There's no reason to think the camera won't be super good this year against the iPhone.

No you just continue to shit post and even the new posters here wonder wtf is your problem.

Why you do this I have no idea.

You certainly are an asshole though and showed it to LostMyNarbles. I shouldn't expect anything else from you though.

I come here to debate not make online buddies like you do.

Thanks for the compliment though.

Moreche

The Nexus 5X/6P held at the very least one of the top three cameras of last year and I'd say it was probably number two behind the S6. The iPhone 6S Plus was good, but it seemed like they were all pretty much neck and neck based off the consensus of a few websites. There's no reason to think the camera won't be super good this year against the iPhone.
I really hope so because I actually really like the render of the pixel phone. I just hope the smaller one will have great performance.

LeleSocho

Banned

Google going after Apple might be the best thing to happen to Android.
Imagine having the Android devices we know and love plus iPhone-like optimizations.
They would be dreamlike phones :Q____ _ _

That's not debating. That's just being an asshole which is I assume your general life persona.

Nope. I don't even talk tech or debate with my real friends. That'd why I'm here.

Why are you obsessed with getting into my business?

You remember when u used to bitch at people all the time for buying phones too often? Your post where you claimed that software engineers are phony engineers was pretty classy as well.

You've had some dandy posts yourself dude.

Not much better Vanilla if you are just going to continue to hurl insults instead of dropping the argument entirely :|. Let's just all sit down and have some Nouagt.

home-1.jpg

What do you guys think a good Twitter app for Android is? I've been using the official one, but was considering switching to Fenix or Flamingo. Fenix seems insanely expensive ($6.50) while Flamingo is $1.30, is there a reason for this? Does Fenix offer anything Flamingo doesn't?

What do you guys think a good Twitter app for Android is? I've been using the official one, but was considering switching to Fenix or Flamingo. Fenix seems insanely expensive ($6.50) while Flamingo is $1.30, is there a reason for this? Does Fenix offer anything Flamingo doesn't?
Fenix Is pretty expensive at $6.50 I thought it goes on sale a lot though. I personally have it and I absolutely love it. That being said maybe somebody with Flamingo will say the same thing about it.

Jeffrey

never used flamingo, but fenix is fine. the notifications are a bit slow though which isn't too big of a deal.

rc213

Damn at those prices it better offer clear value over phones like OP3 and Axon 7.

Camera with OIS and a Monster battery would be a start.

RuGalz

Does any of the cheaper phablets support Wifi calling on TMo? Looking for one for a relative but Axon 7 and OP3 don't support it. Maybe I'll have to wait for 6P price drop.

Saiyan-Rox

Flamingo or Talon are good i persoanlly don't like fenix and glad I didn't pay full price for it

Toki767

I've bought basically every Twitter app worth using.

Flamingo is really great considering it's less than a year old. The developer updates with new features more often than the other apps.

ArchAngel

Can't wait for the new Pixel phones. I love Android and I hope Google surprises me with their new spin on the line.
Pixel C is IMO still the best tablet on the market :)

Quasar

Can't wait for the new Pixel phones. I love Android and I hope Google surprises me with their new spin on the line.
Pixel C is IMO still the best tablet on the market :)

I just get the feeling these arent real pixel devices though, just rebranded nexuses. That makes me sad. If google wasnt ready to produce a real pixel phone they should have just called em nexus.

Noema

Ouch. Those Pixel prices.

I get that Google is aiming at the premium segment of the market, but it's yet to be seen if that segment allows for anyone other than Apple and Samsung to play. For the most part they've taken that ball and run with it. If Google thinks that making a phone with glass and a cute friendly name is enough to get in that league they've got another thing coming.

The 5.5" has an uphill battle against the $400 titans. Specially since the OP3 and the A7 target the same enthusiast segment Nexus phones usually occupy.

Unless they manage to capture the attention of non-Geeks in a way Nexus phones have never achieved, the Pixel siblings are DOA. I don't think the Google brand has enough leverage to get people to buy expensive hardware. People don't think Google when they buy phones.

wait didn't the 6p start at like... $500 or was it $600.

Going to be curious to see how Google spins this.

$500 for 32GB.

Nexus 6 was $650
LOL

ArchAngel

I just get the feeling these arent real pixel devices though, just rebranded nexuses. That makes me sad. If google wasnt ready to produce a real pixel phone they should have just called em nexus.

It's ok for me. I want a change in googles view on the nexus phones. Just don't care for the competition like before and do what you can. Big marketing, no compromises.
And I don't know if there is a connection, but my Pixel C always gets the updates first and weeks before my Nexus 6, 5X and 6P. Hope this will continue :)

Noema

It's ok for me. I want a change in googles view on the nexus phones. Just don't care for the competition like before and do what you can. Big marketing, no compromises.
And I don't know if there is a connection, but my Pixel C always gets the updates first and weeks before my Nexus 6, 5X and 6P. Hope this will continue :)

Tablets usually get OTAs and factory images before the phones since they don't have to deal with radios.

They are bringing new exclusive support and features though. At least according to AP.

I think it's a shift in how they are handling the phones even more so than what the hardware entails. We will see for sure in 3 weeks.

Jeffrey

Can't wait for the inevitable pixel vs iPhone 7 speed test😐

Seriously though sure would be nice if there were more super optimized android phones out there.

Nexus line is good. And while you might hate Huawei emui, they optimized the hell out of it for their kirin processors.

No reason to buy an expensive Nexus phone. If I'm paying premium pricing I'll go to Samsung, which has the best hardware and camera software out. Really ridiculous of Google to try the whole carrier thing again. It will flop and be under $500 by end of the year if they seriously price it at $650+

Top Bottom