• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

All 200 people who demand "stock" Android will be thrilled

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

I prefer stock Android.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
In a delta flight and the flight attendants announced that anyone with a note 7 needs to turn it off and don't charge it. Embarrassing. I read the FAA story but I didn't know they are getting called out in flight.

Ty4on

In a delta flight and the flight attendants announced that anyone with a note 7 needs to turn it off and don't charge it. Embarrassing. I read the FAA story but I didn't know they are getting called out in flight.
Same here. I flew with a regional airliner in Norway and the captain said the same before starting the engines.

Anyone know of any good $200 phone I can recommend to my dad? I'm usually on top of this but I've lost track of what's out there. Preferably something that's the size of the 6P

No Love

Banned
Anyone know of any good $200 phone I can recommend to my dad? I'm usually on top of this but I've lost track of what's out there. Preferably something that's the size of the 6P

There's only one option: ZTE ZMax Pro. $100, 6" 1080p screen. I bought two for family members and they are phenomenal.

The amount of bitching in this thread since the new Pixel news is either hilarious or sad. I can't tell.

I honestly see zero issues with premium phones that are using the most expensive processor. I would rather have it that way but I guess we are all different.

It's like the new cool thing to do here is to bitch about Google's phones. I liked it better when the hating was all on TouchWiz. Jk it's not a new thing and the TouchWiz hating was a different forum.

HawkeyeIC

Circle icons incoming

Nate Harris - I understand adding the date, but why is the Calendar logo now in a white circle?

Artem Russakovskii AP Staff - Because there's going to be a circlification of allthethings. Cody will post about it at some point soon.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
hmm not sure if mine is working all that well.
how long have you got Nougat on your 6P?

---
wonder if we would get a new Pixel C?

Google seems to only want to do one tablet refresh at a time which is stupid.

Seems like the new Nexus 7 is coming this year.

Google needs to do a regular and XL tablet like their phones on a yearly basis. Then people can pick small or large based on their preference vs having to wait years to get a size they want.

wilflare

Google seems to only want to do one tablet refresh at a time which is stupid.

Seems like the new Nexus 7 is coming this year.

Google needs to do a regular and XL tablet like their phones on a yearly basis. Then people can pick small or large based on their preference vs having to wait years to get a size they want.

and the fear is whether the new Pixel C would be as good as the current one (I should really get one soon)

Installed 7.0 on my phone last Saturday.

oh. so just a few days? how's our SOT like?
bleh. I keep reading the OS needs a week or so to settle

---
finally setup my mum's Note5 - why is Galaxy Store installing all kinds of software ._.

Jeffrey

with how much google stalks you, you'd think they'd eat some of the cost of the pixel phones.

Seriously just walking to best buy today and my phone starts screaming at me about best buy deals and how they support android pay now.

I'm not even sure what settings turn those off.

clav

Have to say whoever's still using 1GB RAM on either iOS/Android is probably saying smartphones/tablets suck.

I've been using an iPad + iPhone 6 for the past week and apps have to keep relaunching with such tiny RAM.

Even Google apps crash upon launch.

Jeffrey

Have to say whoever's still using 1GB RAM on either iOS/Android is probably saying smartphones/tablets suck.

I've been using an iPad + iPhone 6 for the past week and apps have to keep relaunching with such tiny RAM.

yeah 1gb has reached its 'magical' limit on ios finally, after they gotten to big boy screen sizes.

the 4gb of ram on my ipad pro is ridiculous though. apps only restart basically never. Apps aren't even designed around that so stuff like youtube gets wonky if you leave it 'idle' for a day or 2.

Apps still relaunch a bit too often on my axon 7 though. maybe 6gb of ram is the magical number for android?

clav

Think YouTube on iOS is bugged.

Have to restart (or appropriately turn off, wait, and then turn on) the iPad every once in a while in order to not crash upon launching or side loading.

You mean AOSP is the magic cure for Android. Everything flies with 2GB of RAM and daily tasks with average use under 1GB. No reloading waiting. I just wish I had a better SoC.

Jeffrey

how long does samsung support their phones?

Like does the note 5 get most of the updates that note 7 got? Don't feel like there is any feature it can't do.

Also just remembered, no note 7 on display at best buy 😔

this_guy

But in every iPhone thread I read ram doesn't matter because iOS is so optimized and then I'm shown cpu benchmarks as proof.

how long does samsung support their phones?

Like does the note 5 get most of the updates that note 7 got? Don't feel like there is any feature it can't do.

Also just remembered, no note 7 on display at best buy 😔

Usually 2+ years of support. Note 5 should also get next year's Android version.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
and the fear is whether the new Pixel C would be as good as the current one (I should really get one soon)

oh. so just a few days? how's our SOT like?
bleh. I keep reading the OS needs a week or so to settle

---
finally setup my mum's Note5 - why is Galaxy Store installing all kinds of software ._.
A minimum of 4h SOT.

Top Bottom