• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Got a 6P. Had one at launch, but returned it. Now I got a steal on one so it's going to be my daily driver. So premium. Already unlocked and going to install custom rom now. Pixel features like dis and assistant will most likely be ported to 6p by the amazing XDA devs.

Was going to get a Oneplus 3, then I got all the way to shipping and realized the 3 in OP3 stood for the estimated delivery time which is 3 weeks. Are they still trying to keep up with demand after all this time? At least I finally understand why every reseller is charging $450 and up for this phone.

Avixph

Samsung is rumored to be making the next gen snapdragon. Their in house chip and SD will both be 10nm.

Expect different setups in the US vs international again.

No clue about other stuff yet.

Wonder if Samsung will kill the headphone jack.

Thanks.

Dineren

Banned
Was going to get a Oneplus 3, then I got all the way to shipping and realized the 3 in OP3 stood for the estimated delivery time which is 3 weeks. Are they still trying to keep up with demand after all this time? At least I finally understand why every reseller is charging $450 and up for this phone.

I ordered one a couple weeks ago and got it in three days. Maybe a lot of people were holding out to see what Google had to offer.

I ordered one a couple weeks ago and got it in three days. Maybe a lot of people were holding out to see what Google had to offer.

Maybe you're right, I'm actually one of those people. I held out to find out what the Pixel phones were all about and the V20 pricing. Once I found I could get 2 OP3 for the price of a V20 or Pixel XL I was done with those 2. But apparently that might have been the case with a lot of other people as well since Oneplus gave me a estimated delivery date of October 28th.

Kitoro

No one cares about Allo not even Google.

I don't get it... I love Hangouts because it's my primary chat app. Allo and Duo seem centered around SMS and 1-on-1 video calls, respectively, neither of which are reasons I use Hangouts.

Can Allo or Duo even work as a data messaging service from Google Account to Google Account ala Hangouts? This is all so confusing.

I don't get it... I love Hangouts because it's my primary chat app. Allo and Duo seem centered around SMS and 1-on-1 video calls, respectively, neither of which are reasons I use Hangouts.

Can Allo or Duo even work as a data messaging service from Google Account to Google Account ala Hangouts? This is all so confusing.

Allo is a data messaging service. It doesn't do SMS.

Talon

I was very impressed with the build quality of the OnePlus 3 for the three weeks I used it, FWIW.

Definitely higher quality than anything LG has put out for years.

NotBacon

That feel when your 2yr old Nexus 6 is still super duper

B3dwujhy-byD6QcO86KWm-w-TWX6y95dQcummmGEGDhMryvzYYuB5ztjFVGD43z_7M_RTpXYfcO7Gdhh7pDArby3PwxDdPCxgX0mr5Mq4GvmQkEHqMtOwgtl1-WzLq88gIO8wK89VVlTpSZAV5F-Eg2_FnBaOhgluRT_Ewgtdz2rG6aPvL7NwifnwiavBAKiias50IwFsk31Vm0MO9VujXpXHBaPnl1ppOQxrcfXRxSbo9zTV9qzCPqs7rANa4zamPr2X0mPqv1oiFIRAMeLMyRn64Gmd4Q9EqJyyDv-Mn034O9HS9QBNllE1S3D4isRRLHPzvcKh6DL-j-Bm3UDIY6y_FQlkQpsC27FuNuOn7dk47gq7Jp_tTh9UYuUwl2WYk0VNa7ZvaxI5QOxzRf2U3cV1z7bjiRrQ7153I86Tf4TSvVNg-r1FsvGW98p7tTLsvSTxOkoAm6Hmk41_IKIQLbj6PqnjLomOGQypPdR2nUqanihHBw47aaHH-IxYHqCfuyfjaeyY6Sw2KPzs5SL3EXQlv6vXmKOWS34RYRRRGpDXSmMOqIAncmz8u_wdqeu7gnITSQAzHHeq8AGIUwZOEp2ajvqlgUWWsSJ-7oXlb8z7DYM=w557-h988-no

Jeffrey

That feel when your 2yr old Nexus 6 is still super duper

speaking of 2 year old phones, I'm pleasantly surprised at how smooth my parent's one plus ones still run.

they aren't the most technical folks, so i'd assume they have installed some virus or something by now.

Best $350 phone ever?

Kitoro

Allo is a data messaging service. It doesn't do SMS.

Oh? I thought when I loaded it up that I was greeted only by my contact list with phone numbers displayed. Does it send text messages using data or something? I couldn't find my Hangouts/Google friends list in there.

A 2k screen, 820 CPU, and 6 GB RAM for a max of $350? And I like the look of the phone to unlike the Axon 7. It's basically what I wanted the OP3 to be. Welp, time to continue playing the waiting game instead of going all in on the One Plus 3 like I was about to.

EDIT: Specs look good but it's missing certain things and software isn't as good as others. I never thought it would be this stressful to make a decision on buying a phone lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cool, I think imma jump in then, this and the Sony mdr-1000 won't even cost me a grand

As someone who has the MDR-1000X, please note that the Axon does not support aptX over Bluetooth (neither do the Google phones, or the OP3) and the audio quality over the headphones does suffer quite significantly compared to Bluetooth with aptX on Android, or AAC on iPhones. If you want to get the most out of that magnificent pair of headphones, I'd highly suggest investing a bit more in a phone that has aptX support.

speaking of 2 year old phones, I'm pleasantly surprised at how smooth my parent's one plus ones still run.

they aren't the most technical folks, so i'd assume they have installed some virus or something by now.

Best $350 phone ever?

My OnePlus one still runs everything perfectly and has great battery. I'm on cyanogen nighties with the newest October security patch. It's so hard to give up this phone. Only thing missing is band 12 and wifi calling.

Monster Zero

As someone who has the MDR-1000X, please note that the Axon does not support aptX over Bluetooth (neither do the Google phones, or the OP3) and the audio quality over the headphones does suffer quite significantly compared to Bluetooth with aptX on Android, or AAC on iPhones. If you want to get the most out of that magnificent pair of headphones, I'd highly suggest investing a bit more in a phone that has aptX support.

Damn, so would you say the HTC 10 is my best bet at this point, I'm purchasing my phone with audio listening in mind and trying to get the best to pair with the MDR1k

Edit: Maybe the xperia line?

Aiii

So not worth it
Damn, so would you say the HTC 10 is my best bet at this point, I'm purchasing my phone with audio listening in mind and trying to get the best to pair with the MDR1k

Edit: Maybe the xperia line?

The Xperia will give you by far the best option, with the LDAC codec. AptX will be on most flagships, like the Samsung Galaxy's, etc. Just Google the phones you like to make sure.

Ty4on

Best $350 phone ever?
I regret I didn't recommend that to my dad over a third gen Moto G 8GB. Even with an SD card it's a mess moving apps over and 1GB of RAM isn't enough.

Chris R

What's up with the SD cards becoming "Internal Storage" I selected that and then when mounting the phone on my desktop all I see is the Phone's 16GB, not the extra 32GB card included in it.

mackattk

Not sure if it's allowed, and I don't mind taking this post down, but just listed my axon 7 in the fs/ft in the gaming community thread ($350) if anyone is interested. Never had a problem with it, just having regrets after seeing the Moto z play.

Top Bottom