• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

this was like the coolest thing they kinda swept under the rug. Not cool because it lets you transfer but how the fuck does it work lol. I just mean from a technological standpoint....does the cable act as itunes somehow and distribute everything into the proper place. It pulls out imessages too right?

Crazy. Just wondering how it works on a software level.

How is it different from the tool that comes with the S7?

Jzero

Do I need to download an app that allows me to transfer my texts from google Messenger from one phone to another? It seems like everything else transferred with no issue but my messages.

I've used SMS Backup & Restore before and it's worked great.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
During the week I'm busy and fine.

On the weekend though I always get that itch to want to buy a new phone.

Still haven't pulled the trigger yet.

FFP2

It's about to get worse. ATT is thinking about dropping the Note 7 all together, even the new new replacements.

I'd love to buy the Note 7 for a reduced price but don't trust that phone in my pants pocket after all this mess.

I wonder how bad the S8 sales will be because of this.

Jeffrey

Well that's with things in general for me. Then I see the amazon prime delivery day is Wednesday and my boner deflates.

Vanillalite

Well that's with things in general for me. Then I see the amazon prime delivery day is Wednesday and my boner deflates.

I got that 15% off if I order my first order on Jet so that was tempting me. They appear to actually have the Axon in stock.

tmac456

same thing for me. I've got the itch bad right now. i'd have already made the purchase if there was more of a clear cut winner in the axon 7 vs OP3 comparisons

Vanillalite

was the camera sufficient enough for you? i'm coming from the LG G4 which has a pretty solid camera

i just saw that jet.com 15% off thing. think i'm going to pull the trigger on this tonight

I had it in my Jet cart, but I couldn't pull the trigger despite my better half saying just do it. LoL

Edit: I'm still rocking a G3 so I'm even longer in the tooth lol

was the camera sufficient enough for you? i'm coming from the LG G4 which has a pretty solid camera

i just saw that jet.com 15% off thing. think i'm going to pull the trigger on this tonight

The camera is pretty bad, but it will probably be improved with updates to software or if you use a different camera app. The stereo speakers and screen are great.

Also, I've gotten one from jet before. It comes from Newegg.

tmac456

I had it in my Jet cart, but I couldn't pull the trigger despite my better half saying just do it. LoL

Edit: I'm still rocking a G3 so I'm even longer in the tooth lol

hahaha damn man. we should just do this together!

The camera is pretty bad, but it will probably be improved with updates to software or if you use a different camera app. The stereo speakers and screen are great.

Also, I've gotten one from jet before. It comes from Newegg.

hm, disappointing. seems like ZTE support is going to be solid for this phone so hopefully they get it sorted out. think i'm sold

Quixzlizx

I hope the Axon 7 ends up getting certified for calling over WiFi on T-mo. I was planning on buying the new Nexus and switching to Fi all year, but the wind has been taken out of my sails.

To be honest, I'm kind of fine with the Blu Life One X I've been using since January, but I want a phone that has something better than Lollipop.

I hope the Axon 7 ends up getting certified for calling over WiFi on T-mo. I was planning on buying the new Nexus and switching to Fi all year, but the wind has been taken out of my sails.

To be honest, I'm kind of fine with the Blu Life One X I've been using since January, but I want a phone that has something better than Lollipop.

And if you get the axon 7 then next year you will want a phone with something better than Marshmallow.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So how is Android wear these days? Anybody uses it? Has there been cool functionality and apps recently? Or has Google abandoned it? Haven't used it in a year and I used to love it.

Vanillalite

So how is Android wear these days? Anybody uses it? Has there been cool functionality and apps recently? Or had Google abandoned it? Haven't used it in a year and I used to love it.

Google hasn't abandoned it

BUT

They delayed wear 2.0 till Q1 2017 ergo nobody cares right now

So how is Android wear these days? Anybody uses it? Has there been cool functionality and apps recently? Or has Google abandoned it? Haven't used it in a year and I used to love it.
It should be pretty telling that the major OS update Android Wear 2.0 got delayed until next year for further refinement. It should be even more catching that nobody seems to be making new Android Wear watches at the moment and rumors indicate Huawei is switching to Tizen for their new watch. Personally I'd get a Pebble Time if you want a great smartwatch. I have owned several Android Wear watches and an Apple Watch and yet the Pebble Time remains my favorite wearable ever.

reKon

Banned
Going to be checking Swappa prices for Note 7's over the next few months while singing in my head "how low can you go".

I love benefiting off of others ignorance. The short lines at Chipotle were amazing after the E Coli scare.

so far 2/3 exploding replacement customers switched to Apple.

holdat L Googy.

A few days ago you were saying 90 percent would stay loyal to samsung now you are posting this?

A quick Google search shows these survey results:
"The survey found that 51% of respondents who are leaving Samsung plan to purchase an Android smartphone from another vendor. Meanwhile, 34% said that they planned to leave the Android ecosystem completely and instead purchase an iPhone."

Quixzlizx

A few days ago you were saying 90 percent would stay loyal to samsung now you are posting this?

"The survey found that 51% of respondents who are leaving Samsung plan to purchase an Android smartphone from another vendor. Meanwhile, 34% said that they planned to leave the Android ecosystem completely and instead purchase an iPhone."

Some Samstans just want to see the world burn.

Some Samstans just want to see the world burn.

Pretty much considering he was also still recommending the note 7 even after the second recall proved to be exploding. After the person asking for phone advice said the exploding concerned him. Lol

Now it's team apple apparently.

what i'm saying is simple.

Southwest phone exploding dude = switched to iPhone
Taiwan exploding phone lady = switched to iPhome

that's 2/3

I say scrap the note line and just do the apple model of 2 phones a year, released at the same time. S8 and S8 Pro. The s8 Pro will basically be the note with stylus and whatnot and S8 will be what that line is now.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
What's crazy is that they had what probably would've been the consensus best smartphone of the year. Critics loved it. Users loved it. Then this happened.

I say scrap the note line and just do the apple model of 2 phones a year, released at the same time. S8 and S8 Pro. The s8 Pro will basically be the note with stylus and whatnot and S8 will be what that line is now.

That's risky BC the note was a solid brand. Question is.... Is it really a dead name now. I think Samsung as a whole is more tarnished and they should just keep the note brand. Its different then the plus, pro, xl bullshit.

Either way o would be completely surprised if Google doesn't slide right into Samsung's spot. Carriers are going to be begging for the Pixel now.

ZTE has said the axon is getting t-mobile wifi calling.

And if you get the axon 7 then next year you will want a phone with something better than Marshmallow.

ZTE already promised Nougat. I bet they are one of the first to come out with Nougat also.

Also LG is so full of shit. First android phone with nougat my ass. By the time it finally comes out Pixel will be out with 7.1

clav

What's crazy is that they had what probably would've been the consensus best smartphone of the year. Critics loved it. Users loved it. Then this happened.

No.

Still has bloatware, non-removable battery, and slippery glass. Benchmarks slower than other Android smartphones running the same SoC.

What's so great about that?

wilflare

No.

Still has bloatware, non-removable battery, and slippery glass. Benchmarks slower than other Android smartphones running the same SoC.

What's so great about that?

to be fair, the Note7 was one of Samsung's most refined offerings in the recent years.
yes, it may still be riddled with bloatware but I would say there's still a fair bit of refinement and optimisation put into TouchWiz

most of the bloatware don't come installed either - it's a link that invites you to download the actual item from the Play Store (Google/Samsung).

yes there's still bloatware. yes they are still not at the stage we hope them to be - but there's definitely improvements

Top Bottom