• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

mackattk

Any suggestions on a good password manager?

Have really been happy with 1Password. Although it looks like the pricing has changed. I wasn't aware that it went to a monthly price. I was able to get in on the 1 time price. Still a great product and for ~$40 a year well worth the price of admission.

Actually, no.. You can still buy a license.. https://agilebits.com/store.. Will have to set up all your accounts and stuff on a computer. The free mobile client only supports reading your dropbox file, to get passwords and other information. You can pay extra for that, but just having access to my database is all I need really for mobile.. There are quite a few differences between the license and subscription model. So if you are interested in going with 1Password, research accordingly.

If I had to pay for something right now, I might look at Enpass. Looks pretty close to what 1Password is.. researching it now.

So yeah, it looks like my phone will not install any new security updates. People started to theirs for this month when mine refused to do late months apparently... Fucking fuck...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Dude maybe caught lying?

Phandroid

OnePlus has been in the news the last couple of days after reports surfaced that the company was halting production of the OnePlus 3 to make room for a new device. Some of the rumors suggested that the company was planning to switch to LCD displays, but that was quickly debunked by Carl Pei. Then, other rumors surfaced which suggested that an all new OnePlus 3 was in the works.

Oneplus-3S-A3010.jpg

Noema

Flashed the first stable Nougat build of Pure Nexus. It's a thing of beauty. I'm getting amazing standby and screen on battery life. I easily reach 5 hours SoT. Loving it. Can't wait until they bake more features into it.

I am confused between zuk z2,le eco max 2,xiomi redimi note 3 pro and xiomi 4c.

I want the best value proposition and best for international rom in case if needed. I am getting these from aliexpress.

Le eco 295 and zuk z2 is 310 for sd 820
Mi4c is 155 for sd808
Redimi pro3 is 180 for sd650.

FFP2

What's the easiest way to update a rooted stock rom? I'm still on the June security patch because I don't want to lose root/data.

Noema

What's the easiest way to update a rooted stock rom? I'm still on the June security patch because I don't want to lose root/data.

Just flash the OTA but skip the fastboot erase commands.

Flash these manually :

1) fastboot flash bootloader (bootloader file name)

2) fastboot flash radio (Radio file name)

3) fastboot reboot-bootloader

4) fastboot flash boot boot.img

5) fastboot flash cache cache.img

6) fastboot flash system system.img

7) fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

You'll most likely have to reroot and flash a custom recovery again if you were using one. But it takes just a minute. But you won't lose data or any settings.

Alienfan

I have a question (which is probably asked hourly :p ) but I recently dropped my 128gb S6 Edge into the toilet, it corroded the inside, but I managed to get a very generous replacement fund from insurance. The money is in the form of a voucher for a mobile phone store, so I have no qualms in spending all of it. So ignoring price, is the S7 Edge the best android phone on the market? Camera and battery life are really the only two things I care about, and it seems the S7 has the best camera and one of the best batteries; the only Android phone that seems to be close to competing is the Pixel. Should I wait for Pixel reviews, or should I just jump on the S7 Edge? Or perhaps there's another phone that I'm forgetting

I have a question (which is probably asked hourly :p ) but I recently dropped my 128gb S6 Edge into the toilet, it corroded the inside, but I managed to get a very generous replacement fund from insurance. The money is in the form of a voucher for a mobile phone store, so I have no qualms in spending all of it. So ignoring price, is the S7 Edge the best android phone on the market? Camera and battery life are really the only two things I care about, and it seems the S7 has the best camera and one of the best batteries; the only Android phone that seems to be close to competing is the Pixel. Should I wait for Pixel reviews, or should I just jump on the S7 Edge? Or perhaps there's another phone that I'm forgetting
pixel it up brah

get the S7 Edge.

kaiyo

Check out the Xperia XZ maybe?

ahem....

ZUK Z2. get the black one, it's sexy.

how is the software in English? I heard there is problem with rom since the phone is never meant to go out of china? I usually do not care about updated but if there are bug fix or something do they come OTA? I have never rooted phone before.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Has anyone caught up with Lord Duarte about the Pixel phones?
Yeah, why haven't we heard from him lately? Since material dropped, he has disappeared.

ahem....

ZUK Z2. get the black one, it's sexy.
Whoa, this phone seems like a great value. Should I buy it for a relative upgrading from the Nexus 4 I bought her years ago? Spec wars aren't a big deal. Usability and reliability are most important.

Laekon

Got an update on my 5X last night but it didn't saw what it was really for. My phone also still says it's on 7.0 not something like 7.01. I'm hoping they have fixed the random OS killing my battery bug.

As suggested here, I enrolled my N6 in the beta program again, and instantly got the final 7.0 update including the October security patch. Weird.

Also got my Pixel XL case and USB-C cables in yesterday that I ordered off of Amazon. Now I just need to wait for the phone itself to arrive.

Top Bottom