• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Debatable? Are you kidding me?

You do realize Apple is trying to make money off of services now and not just hardware sales right? Those same services that the Chinese government has more control of then Apple.

Its not like Google is not in China because they are too busy being in India. Google is not in China because there are serious consequences to being in China.

No, I am not kidding you.

Pyrokai

I thought there was supposed to be a night-time mode in Android nougat. Was that feature removed or something? In trying to search for how to activate it, I just keep getting pointed to an app in the Play Store that will activate it. Am I crazy?

I thought there was supposed to be a night-time mode in Android nougat. Was that feature removed or something? In trying to search for how to activate it, I just keep getting pointed to an app in the Play Store that will activate it. Am I crazy?

It was taken out of the final release of 7.0 but is coming back in 7.1. Just use the app to unbury it for now.

jokkir

^china is better market than india.

one page before we talked about it. it s very good. where are you buying it from?

Here for around 330CAD:
http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_364275.html

The specs sheet seems a bit weird though. Isn't it supposed to have a 3500mAH battery?

I've been talking about it since I got it. Just look for my posts in this thread. It's an amazing little phone.

How's the camera on it and do you know if it supports the Camera 2 api? Also, how's the battery? I don't think I can go to any other phone with less battery life than the Moto X Play

Pyrokai

Still don't have the "listening" beep when I say "Okay Google" or when I tap the microphone icon. I just can't figure it out. In all my research, it should be there. Nexus 6P here.

Here for around 330CAD:
http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_364275.html

The specs sheet seems a bit weird though. Isn't it supposed to have a 3500mAH battery?

How's the camera on it and do you know if it supports the Camera 2 api? Also, how's the battery? I don't think I can go to any other phone with less battery life than the Moto X Play

Look for my posts in this thread. Talked about the battery life since I got it (amazing battery life, decent camera)
I've gotten over 8 hours of on screen time. In 2 days of use.

Still don't have the "listening" beep when I say "Okay Google" or when I tap the microphone icon. I just can't figure it out. In all my research, it should be there. Nexus 6P here.
Is just he beep missing or the s it not listening at all?

On my Note 4 the Voive Search would occasionally stop listening. I forget how I fixed it, I either had to reboot the hone or reinstall the app.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Where's the best place for a USA shopper to get a ZUK2?

Pyrokai

It was taken out of the final release of 7.0 but is coming back in 7.1. Just use the app to unbury it for now.

Ah, okay great. Thank you!

Is just he beep missing or the s it not listening at all?

On my Note 4 the Voive Search would occasionally stop listening. I forget how I fixed it, I either had to reboot the hone or reinstall the app.

It's listening, but it used to beep to let you know it is. Now it's doesn't do that. Very weird.

Jeffrey

I'm still waiting for rushersauce 's phone to go bad or something lol. There's gotta be a catch somewhere for that price!

Lenovo should just kill moto and sell zuk in the US instead.

I'm still waiting for rushersauce 's phone to go bad or something lol. There's gotta be a catch somewhere for that price!

Lenovo should just kill moto and sell zuk in the US instead.
Wouldn't make sense since Moto has a much stronger brand name than Zuk does. If anything they should just rebrand the Zuk phones to Moto devices in the US.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
same website has it for 248 us
Bought.

Nice! I recommend installing the Indian ROM once you get it. That or CM13

Man, the black ZUK Z2 is so sexy :( I got the white one and it pales in comparison. (no pun intended)
Why's that? It'll be for a tech illiterate, older relative. Replacing the old Nexus 4 I bought her years ago.

Bought.

Why's that? It'll be for a tech illiterate, older relative. Replacing the old Nexus 4 I bought her years ago.

If you can install the Indian rom or CM13 you'll be helping your relative. Better translation in the Indian ROM (which is also oficial and OTAs can be downloaded from anywhere in the world). And CM13 is stock Android, so it carries that.
Once you get it, visit www.zukfans.eu

Wag

I have a $400 budget- what's the best phone I can get in my price range? I was thinking an Axon 7. Anything better?

I have a $400 budget- what's the best phone I can get in my price range? I was thinking an Axon 7. Anything better?

I'd say the OnePlus 3 is better and now no more stupid invites! You gain 2 GB more RAM and as far as I can tell only lose 250 mAh of battery. Oh, I guess you trade 1440P for a much more sane 1080P but unless you're VRing all day it's not a real factor imo.

Do I want to buy a Chinese phone (in the US)? I'd be using AT&T's network. Isn't that a little risky?

How's VR on phones anyways? I'd probably watch movies (like Netflix) on it. Just a gimmick?

ZUK Z2 PRO has all the bands activated. From what I've read, the ZUK Z2 Pro has an amazing camera, the best AMOLED display in any Chinese phone and amazing battery life.

http://willmyphonework.net/ It says it has no problems with AT&T

I recommend you, though, to check GSMarena for further info on the phone.

Wag

Um you probably won't be watching Netflix on VR yet.

Well, Daydream will support Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc. I'm just wondering if it will be worth it?

I might go with the Axon 7 anyways, just because of the 2yr warranty.

The Zuk 2 looks good tho. 64gb/4gb RAM version for $250. That's a good deal. Does it run stock android- how about Nougat?

NotBacon

They removed the beep a while back. I forgot why, I think one person said to allow more natural flow when asking questions.

I've decided i'm going to go for a Z3 Compact, it's the perfect phone for me, but I can't decide what color to go for, i'm leaning towards green/red, what do you guys think?

sony-xperia-z3-compact-alleged-press-photos-leaked-ahead-smartphone-release.jpg

Well, Daydream will support Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc. I'm just wondering if it will be worth it?

I might go with the Axon 7 anyways, just because of the 2yr warranty.

The Zuk 2 looks good tho. 64gb/4gb RAM version for $250. That's a good deal. Does it run stock android- how about Nougat?

Yup, the ZUK Z2 is getting Nougat. It's ZUI on top of Android, though. If you want to spend a little more, grab the ZUK Z2 PRO.

Wag

Yup, the ZUK Z2 is getting Nougat. It's ZUI on top of Android, though. If you want to spend a little more, grab the ZUK Z2 PRO.

$150 more. It's a risk with a Chinese phone- I'm just wondering what kind of warranty coverage it has?

(I checked my Nexus 5 with an app- it's on Band 2 LTE so it should work, according to that website).

Tempted- 128GB should be enough to store my 3333 offline Spotify tracks in extreme quality.

$150 more. It's a risk with a Chinese phone- I'm just wondering what kind of warranty coverage it has?

(I checked my Nexus 5 with an app- it's on Band 2 LTE so it should work, according to that website).

Tempted- 128GB should be enough to store my 3333 offline Spotify tracks in extreme quality.

Can't tell you, but, I imported the ZUK Z2 and Lenovo Chile is covering my phone (I was surprised).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcVx_uMYvSA This is a pretty good review (pro variant). Trust me when I tell you, ZUK is a solid brand.

this_guy

Looking at the Zuk 2 Pro specs it doesn't have LTE band 12 (Tmobile's 'extended range' LTE) or band 17 (AT&T's primary LTE band). Just something to keep in mind for people in the US.

Wait and get Le Max 2 US version. $289 is a great price. You can get Chinese version cheaper, but no way of knowing if us software will be flashable on the us model. I'm sure once us version comes out, it will get cyanogen mod and support on XDA.

Or wait and get the rumored new Oneplus phone.

Top Bottom