• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

thuway

I know the phone isn't out yet, but are expecting any price cuts on Pixel? I'm thinking of getting one but I'm not too sure about spending the 900 dollars it'll take for a 5.5 inch 128 gb model :/.

Kinda hope OnePlus makes a 5.7 inch version and invests into better DAC (aka Axon 7 / V20). Cameras are whatever for me.

Stereo speakers would be nice on the oneplus 3t or go back to dual mono speakers like on the oneplus one. OnePlus One is still such a great phone. I think it's my favorite phone of all time.

Pixel XL will probably be on sale for $500 or less before the end of the year. Atleast for the 32 GB version.

xero273

Is it a particular game? Could be the issue, or another app.

If not then clear cache and data from Play Services, or uninstall updates from Play Services and reinstall. If that fails, backup and reset.

thanks. I think i fixed it. I just had to look up how to uninstall play services.

This "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped working." spam is rendering my Nexus 6 unusable.

Any ideas?
Go here and find the latest version for the 6 and install it. Screw that version explanation shit it says tho. Use another app or series to cross-reference and find out which version you need
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/
I know the Nexus 6P is arm64 nodpi for all apps so don't know what the Nexus 6 is

You'll have to allow the ability to install outside the play store in the security tab of settings

Also since 7.1.1 I've stopped getting long operations on the main thread as I've been running with the "strict mode" enabled since 7 to see what "hangs"during use

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
might actually work for some people.

every week i get a Carrier SMS and a Samsung notification asking me to trade it in heh.

hard pass.

What will you do on fights? It's OK I guess if you don't care about your own safety, but don't be an asshole and bring that phone on a flight I'm on with my family.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
http://venturebeat.com/2016/10/22/t...creen-flagship-will-be-dubbed-the-mate-9-pro/

mate9pro.jpg

Is Huawei Chinese for 'no fucks given'

taco543

Got my lg v20 in the mail yesterday, and I've honestly not enjoyed the experience in the slightest coming from my 6p. The phone looks gorgeous and it was nice having an sd slot again but it just didn't feel good. The second display was nice and the dac was cool, but I changed so much on the phone to get to something half way comfortable that it was pointless having the phone, and just reverted to my 6p.

Got my lg v20 in the mail yesterday, and I've honestly not enjoyed the experience in the slightest coming from my 6p. The phone looks gorgeous and it was nice having an sd slot again but it just didn't feel good. The second display was nice and the dac was cool, but I changed so much on the phone to get to something half way comfortable that it was pointless having the phone, and just reverted to my 6p.

Lg software ruins the deal. Plus you lose stereo speakers. Not a good trade off.

HawkeyeIC

Send it back while you still can.

Return that V20 for a Pixel asap.

LG is the new HTC

Motorola is the new Nokia

HTC is the new Foxconn

Apple is the new Microsoft

Google is the new Apple

Samsung is the new Blackberry

Motorola is the new (random prepaid phone)

Well, at least HTC has/had a decent skin/UI. It had a great skin when Android was, well, pretty crappy looking. LG never even came close to make a decent UI. Ever.

Maybe they should look into that if they want to sell more phones.

Their sales are abysmal though. Soon to be LG's.

The G5 tanked and the V20 will tank next to the Pixel. It's unfortunate but the way it is. The V20 is just a worse and less marketed Android phone.

taco543

Lg software ruins the deal. Plus you lose stereo speakers. Not a good trade off.
Yeah I thought the hardware would make up because it is solid specs but I just can't handle it anymore after just one day.
Send it back while you still can.
And yeah that's my plan I'm off work early today and T-Mobile said I can return it to a corporate store rather than sending it back and waiting so I'm going to drop it off today.
Return that V20 for a Pixel asap.

LG is the new HTC
Yeah that's the new plan, now I just need to get an xl 128gb back in stock. So I can order it!

this_guy

I wouldn't touch LG with all of their bootlooping issues. Seems like the Nexus 5x (made by LG) is starting to experience that based on Reddit.

mackattk

Their sales are abysmal though. Soon to be LG's.

The G5 tanked and the V20 will tank next to the Pixel. It's unfortunate but the way it is. The V20 is just a worse and less marketed Android phone.

Only saving grace for v20 is that the note 7 failed. I know a few people who are going to the v20 since that is one of the few options.

Furyous

Is this the LGV34?

I'm asking because I don't think this is real but I like the video as a good reference point. LG really screwed the retriever by not releasing this device worldwide. Now I have to import it. What's the timetable on the V20 getting the 7.1 update?

longdi

Banned
Folks on Weibo are saying one plus 3T will be on sale sooonish.

821 'adaptive' AMOLED.

For 1080p, you should use RGB AMOLED, if not, just go straight to IPS LCD. There are plenty of good IPS mobile LCD, makes you wonder why 1+ choose a low-res AMOLED.

Even at 1440p, non-RGB AMOLED still renders text poorly.

Might not be anything huge, but seeing a Reddit thread that the V20 camera has shattering issues with the glass randomly breaking without the phone being dropped. Only 2-3 people having complained thus far, but it sounds like typical LG quality control. In JerryRigEverything's video the camera randomly cracked shortly after he applied an abrasion to it from scratching it with a knife which lead him to suggest it may crack under scuffing.
https://youtu.be/nBlUL-7Dl4U?t=160

Jeffrey

Might not be anything huge, but seeing a Reddit thread that the V20 camera has shattering issues with the glass randomly breaking without the phone being dropped. Only 2-3 people having complained thus far, but it sounds like typical LG quality control. In JerryRigEverything's video the camera randomly cracked shortly after he applied an abrasion to it from scratching it with a knife which lead him to suggest it may crack under scuffing.
https://youtu.be/nBlUL-7Dl4U?t=160

Didn't 6p have similar issues with the glass ?

kharma45

Then all the NAND benchmark comparisons are basically invalid because they don't test variants and specify storage size?

For phones no, but for SSD's it's common.

Take the 850 EVO for example and look at the performance difference as you move from the smallest drive to the biggest http://www.anandtech.com/show/8747/samsung-ssd-850-evo-review/6

Again, this isn't an issue or something to bash Apple with. It's how flash storage is.

RuGalz

For phones no, but for SSD's it's common.

Take the 850 EVO for example and look at the performance difference as you move from the smallest drive to the biggest http://www.anandtech.com/show/8747/samsung-ssd-850-evo-review/6

Again, this isn't an issue or something to bash Apple with. It's how flash storage is.

Why wouldn't the comparison results be invalid? Let's say a chart simply compare a 32G iPhone vs 32G Pixel NAND performance. That result would be very different if it was 128G iPhone vs 32G Pixel. Also that means we don't know how 32G Pixel is vs 128G Pixel is or how 32G vs 64G vs 128G S7 is. Sites doing these benchmarks don't compares variations usually. But if what you say is true that the typical difference in performance between sizes can be as large as 32G iPhone7 vs 128G (8-10x), all the charts out there comparing NAND speed in reviews are basically useless. The link you shown only have 2-3x difference for the worst case, most are <1 to 2x.

Top Bottom