• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

I regret updating to 7.0. I've stayed on 6.0.1 for a good two months and I decided, "what the hell, issues can't be that wide spread." Nope, battery took a hit. I'm on track of losing about an hour and a half of SoT on my 6P. Doze seemingly works well, but when I browse or watch anything the battery just depletes. Maybe I should give it a couple more days.

Are you seriously still using the exploding phone?

bruh

bruh

bruh

they sent me the wrong SIM

i was 100% ready to swap

the Note 5 is 99% set up, all i have to do is move over any new texts and calls since i did the setup and data transfer

You mean Death Phone 2016.

are they even flaming out anymore?

haven't heard any new reports in a while

you would think with 15% still out there we would have some more malfunctions

Jeffrey

bruh

bruh

bruh

they sent me the wrong SIM

i was 100% ready to swap

the Note 5 is 99% set up, all i have to do is move over any new texts and calls since i did the setup and data transfer

are they even flaming out anymore?

haven't heard any new reports in a while

you would think with 15% still out there we would have some more malfunctions

did your phone get the 60% max battery patch yet?

RuGalz

I regret updating to 7.0. I've stayed on 6.0.1 for a good two months and I decided, "what the hell, issues can't be that wide spread." Nope, battery took a hit. I'm on track of losing about an hour and a half of SoT on my 6P. Doze seemingly works well, but when I browse or watch anything the battery just depletes. Maybe I should give it a couple more days.

I think I got that initially but then wiped clean and started from scratch then it was fine. It seemed like some apps needed permission but didn't have then or something after an upgrade.

In Canada they're actually going to begin blacklisting the note 7s so people have absolutely no choice. They should do it in the USA as well.

How stupid do people have to be to rock that phone still unless you're a galaxy nerd like faceless? I mean why are general consumers still holding on?

Are they waiting for the S8?

lots of people have tried to return theirs but met with procedural issues from various carriers and supply issues on the device they want to switch to.

i mean, they sent me the wrong SIM and that's nowhere near to the craziest situation out there.

i was gonna hold on until the Note 8 until they announced they were blacklisting them in Australia.

that's when i knew the jig was up...

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
blocked updates with Package Disabler
LOL I love you, man

How stupid do people have to be to rock that phone still unless you're a galaxy nerd like faceless? I mean why are general consumers still holding on?

I mean, it's a fantastic phone. I don't blame people for wanting to keep it. There's no real alternative out there. Just downgrades everywhere. Black listing the phone is hilarious.

looks like they shipped the new SIM next day air and it should arrive tomorrow!

gonna be annoyed setting up my Gear Fit2 and Huawei Watch all over again.

who thought this shit was a good idea?

Saiyan-Rox

Anyone else with a Pixel is your SMS backing up to drive like they said it would? under the backup settings it just says "waiting for backup" and hasn't actually backed up anything.

wilflare

I really like all the location features of Android but they require WiFi to be ON to be really useful ._.
and it's such a battery drain :/

I'm looking for a cheap (like REALLY cheap) Android phone to hack around with. Something easily rootable, unlocked, and supports CDMA. Hopefully $50 or less. This won't be my daily driver phone so it doesn't need to be fast or have any bells and whistles. Mostly looking to play around with the software. Any suggestions?

Most likely, though I plan on buying an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for the time being or hold off for the S8.

I'm looking for a cheap (like REALLY cheap) Android phone to hack around with. Something easily rootable, unlocked, and supports CDMA. Hopefully $50 or less. This won't be my daily driver phone so it doesn't need to be fast or have any bells and whistles. Mostly looking to play around with the software. Any suggestions?

Nexus 5? Blu phones? May be zte zmax pro?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I got my Nextbit Robin. Slick device. I love the way it looks. It is super tall and feels cheap, though. I can see how it would bend and destroy easily.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Google Blog

Introducing the new Google Play Music

Pixels.width-1080.png

Is there a cheap or free music player that can play from folders? Play Music scans like everything and I end up with podcasts and music if I shuffle.

I usually separate everything in folders: "Training", "Driving", "Podcasts" and such.

Saiyan-Rox

So I got my Daydream headset about 2 hours ago

I'll be returning it I think....everything is so blurry and not in HD at all (Yes I checked the quality and moved the headset to the perfect angle) Youtube videos aren't clear nothing is par the introduction video :/

EDIT: I'm trying to get to my order history on the Google store but it's empty....is anyone else getting this?

Is there a cheap or free music player that can play from folders? Play Music scans like everything and I end up with podcasts and music if I shuffle.

I usually separate everything in folders: "Training", "Driving", "Podcasts" and such.

You can just create a playlist on Play Music, right? Or is that not the same for you?

tzare

I really like all the location features of Android but they require WiFi to be ON to be really useful ._.
and it's such a battery drain :/

android needs fix what kind of location every app needs: most of them just do well with mid settings (wifi-data location) and only a few need gps location. I hate i have to go into settings all the time when using Gmaps to turn it off once i'm done.

FFP2

Poweramp has a folders option. Full version is 4 dollars but it's worth it. Best music player on Android imo.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
His videos make me fall asleep. Why is this guy so popular again?

Production values compared to many other online videos is off the charts. Plus he's a pretty nice dude.

The actual info is very surface level though. That's great for the masses, but I can see why many here would be bored.

I don't know if I should move on from Spotify or what. Not only that, but the app is also a battery hog from what I've read. I bet that the revamped Google Play Music won't be just as great.

What about Samsung Music or Milk Music; Has anyone with Samsung smartphones tried either?

Top Bottom