• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
OnePlus 3T price leaked

Phandroid

Finally, the price. The OnePlus 3 was released with a retail price of $399, but the OnePlus 3T is listed at $500 on Oppomart. There’s a chance some of these could change following tomorrow’s official announcement, but Oppomart is usually dead-on with these types of listings.

Ehhhhhhh

Moreche

I'm looking at the new Oneplus 3T after trying an iPhone 7 Plus for two weeks. I just can't live without the LED notification light and android notification system.

Quixzlizx

Can Poweramp browse to network folders?

I want to play music from my server in the basement and cast it to the Vizio sound bar in my bedroom.

Jeffrey

OnePlus 3T price leaked

Phandroid

Ehhhhhhh

i mean theres been rumors of a $80 price hike for a while. hope it at least has a higher base storage. 64gb without expandable is getting a bit low for flagship phones.

Wonder if the normal OP3 will get any kind of price cut for black friday, if they are still making those.

HawkeyeIC

Vanillalite

Sigh, they managed to not fix any of the issues with it, and made the main screen worse. Congrats Goog!!

How hard would it be to use the new bottom button design they are using for the rest of their apps with 'Home, My Music, Podcasts, and Radio/Curated' along the bottom? Solves 99% of the apps' problems.

What's the point of doing an app redesign if it's only the fucking splash page? The people at Google aren't dumb so who thought this was ok?

i mean theres been rumors of a $80 price hike for a while. hope it at least has a higher base storage. 64gb without expandable is getting a bit low for flagship phones.

Wonder if the normal OP3 will get any kind of price cut for black friday, if they are still making those.

True on the price hike rumors I'm just not sold on it. Your not really getting that much more for your money. Idk why you wouldn't just get the regular OP3 other than if you have amoled issues.

If you're gonna spend more then just spend more and get the Pixel or GS7. If not then why pay $500 when you could just pay $300-$400 for a similar experience.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
They're probably improving it in increments. I'm ok with it. Better than radio silence.

Note5 activated

half a dozen junkware apps removed. all carrier apps except Sprint Zone and Voicemail gone.

so glad the junk apps that get auto-installed after activation can actually be uninstalled.

nah, i don't need DraftKings od Sprint Music Unlimited.

His videos make me fall asleep. Why is this guy so popular again?

his videos are for normal people interested in tech, they aren't for nerds.

Jeffrey

Are you in a dream or something? The 821 was rumored to cost a lot more than the 820.

80 bucks more if I remember right. Lol.

Edit: nm you responded above.

wonder if that's true. don't notice a bit price hike in assorted chinese 821 phones. Heck Le Eco Pro 3 is $300*.

wonder if that's true. don't notice a bit price hike in assorted chinese 821 phones. Heck Le Eco Pro 3 is $300*.

Considering Android Police was right about everything thing else concerning the Pixel I think it's a safe bet that the price hike is real.

You also cannot compare a pixel that is going to receive heavy support to a Chinese phone that will be forgotten the second it is shipped to the United States. Support costs big bucks

Quasar

Played with the updated Google Play Music.

It's a step forward in terms of recommendations, though I wish it surfaced public playlists, though there it's better than Apple at least. Search seems to be turning up better results for me.

I still have deeper issues though with how limited the genres surfaced in various parts of the interface goes. That and big holes in the catalogue so I still have keep buying CDs and uploading.

And not unlike Apple Musics for you I'm not that sure how to influence the reccomendations. Does 'thumbs up' ing tracks do anything? Does frequent playback of songs/artists influence that?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Oh no! Not Milk Music!

Well at least there's still Groove Music. That's still around on all platforms, right?

Have Microsoft cancelled it yet? No? How about now?

edit: lo and behold, right after I typed that, there was a Groove Music update to the Android version on my phone lol

Jeffrey

seems like oneplus founder is denying the oppomart stuff? seems like they put up inaccurate placeholder stuff often I guess.

Can't find a source so who knows, doesn't really matter I guess. Did they announce a time when they will reveal the 3t?

Saiyan-Rox

seems like oneplus founder is denying the oppomart stuff? seems like they put up inaccurate placeholder stuff often I guess.

Can't find a source so who knows, doesn't really matter I guess. Did they announce a time when they will reveal the 3t?

Oppomart do put up BS prices it happens every single OP launch and somehow always makes the news.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
gsmarena_001.jpg

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_9-review-1520.php

Vanillalite

I mean they also denied the phone even existed at first.*

*Though I guess technically they denied it was replacing the OP3 instead it's just another variant.

JoseDFrog

Banned
Does it do anything better than the S2? What's new about it?

It's bigger (looks better to me), has a built-in speaker for voice calls and music playback via spotify(lol) for the Bluetooth version and it has MST as well as NFC for Samsung Pay. Also, Samsung Pay on the watch works with any Android phone now.

Um, OnePlus 3T specs leaked on the official site: https://oneplus.net/3T/specs

Bigger battery, 3,400mAh vs. 3,000 in the original.
821 confirmed.
Same camera sensor on the rear; different one on the front.

Possibly NO 3.5mm headphone jack. It's absent from the specs list. You can see it on the schematic on the page, but the image is the same one from the regular OnePlus 3, so it may be an error.

Jeffrey

It's bigger (looks better to me), has a built-in speaker for voice calls and music playback via spotify(lol) for the Bluetooth version and it has MST as well as NFC for Samsung Pay. Also, Samsung Pay on the watch works with any Android phone now.

that's interesting, so you don't need to buy a samsung phone to use samsung pay? how do you set it up then?

I don't want to mess with touchwiz, but samsung pay is something I'd use, definitely more usable than apple/android pay in the US where most shit don't even offer chip card slots :/

jokkir

The camera might not be too great in low light because of the small pixel size (around 1.12µm vs 1.4µm on the Galaxy S7)

Dash Charging still and USB 2.0. Meh.

JoeFu

Banned
So I bought one of those cheapass Zuk Z2s or whatever. Dont have it yet, but are there any good Roms for that thing yet? I bought it to mess around with (especially more so after confirmation of what we all suspected was happening with these Chinese phones). I looked at XDA and it seems the community for that phone is kinda poop.

I really should have looked into it before I bought but it was just so cheap lol

JoseDFrog

Banned
that's interesting, so you don't need to buy a samsung phone to use samsung pay? how do you set it up then?

I don't want to mess with touchwiz, but samsung pay is something I'd use, definitely more usable than apple/android pay in the US where most shit don't even offer chip card slots :/

I'm going by the compatibility list on their site. http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/gear-s3/. I assume you would register your cards through the gear app.

http://imgur.com/a/bS4Pc

$40 more seems reasonable for a modest update.

Not worth it if they removed the headphone jack. It wasn't listed in the leaked official specs (but it was listed in the specs for the original OnePlus 3).

Is it 7.0 at least?

The leaked official specs said Marshmellow, but some of the specs, like the dimensions and weight, looked copied and pasted from the regular OnePlus 3, so... TBD.

It doesn't matter. The geniuses in here and on /r/android will continue to praise these cheap ass phones even though they are key logging to the Chinese government and will never receive software updates or support.

But hey! I saved 200 dollars on the phone. Who would buy a Pixel when they both have the same spec sheets!

It makes you wonder what sacrifices Apple made on their Chinese customers behalf that Google refused to do.

SO I bought a bundle of USBc cables a while back and unfortunately all of them aren't quick charge compatible. I'm looking to buy another pack of them, but allow my phone to charge rapidly when I plug them into my laptop. Any suggestions?

I've seen the reviews on individual ones, but looking more for a pack.

So I bought one of those cheapass Zuk Z2s or whatever. Dont have it yet, but are there any good Roms for that thing yet? I bought it to mess around with (especially more so after confirmation of what we all suspected was happening with these Chinese phones). I looked at XDA and it seems the community for that phone is kinda poop.

I really should have looked into it before I bought but it was just so cheap lol
www.zukfans.eu
And plenty of roms

Top Bottom