• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Jeffrey

huh took a bit of apn tinkering to get this OP3 on AT&T LTE.

Hadn't have any issues with honor 8 or axon 7, oneplus is slackin'

Priz

Live in Silicon Valley currently posting from Japan. One of my friends made me paranoid and I used Hotel Wi-Fi while I was in Shanghai. Facebook, Google, Instagram, line did not work. I could not connect to any of those services. I installed maps.me and a few other offline map so I can get around there. It mostly worked but my location was set to device only.

In Japan GPS didn't work with maps or anything on my Wi-Fi hotspot so I went to location service I try to turn on battery saver and it kept prompting me about AutoNavi needing access on that screen. Said something like " allow AutoNavi to continually send anonymous map data even when the program isn't running?"
There was a don't show this message again option you could check a box and then decline or accept if you checked the box to not show it again decline was greyed out. I kept hitting decline but then I couldn't select the option and I was stuck on device only. So I left the don't show again unchecked and finally hit accept. Did I just screw myself and now do you see one of these apps I downloaded or do some zero-day exploit due to using their Wi-Fi I now have infected my phone?

Any advice or suggestions on how to remove this program from having access to my phone?

Live in Silicon Valley currently posting from Japan. One of my friends made me paranoid and I used Hotel Wi-Fi while I was in Shanghai. Facebook, Google, Instagram, line did not work. I could not connect to any of those services. I installed maps.me and a few other offline map so I can get around there. It mostly worked but my location was set to device only.

In Japan GPS didn't work with maps or anything on my Wi-Fi hotspot so I went to location service I try to turn on battery saver and it kept prompting me about AutoNavi needing access on that screen. Said something like " allow AutoNavi to continually send anonymous map data even when the program isn't running?"
There was a don't show this message again option you could check a box and then decline or accept if you checked the box to not show it again decline was greyed out. I kept hitting decline but then I couldn't select the option and I was stuck on device only. So I left the don't show again unchecked and finally hit accept. Did I just screw myself and now do you see one of these apps I downloaded or do some zero-day exploit due to using their Wi-Fi I now have infected my phone?

Any advice or suggestions on how to remove this program from having access to my phone?
Time for a factory reset
And next time use VPN

Honor 8's camera continues to impress me. It focuses fast and accurate and produces great pics in nearly every situation.

DQwCqRL.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm going to try a factory reset first, assuming I can get it to turn on again. It's been in the same loop since my last post.
Don't bother. It's a hardware issue. It'll come back eventually.

I bought a Robin temporarily. It's the same crappy 805 so it'll blow up soon, too.

Moreche

Would you prefer the S7 Edge with Exynos on the new Nougat update or the new Pixel phone by Google?
Would really appreciate some advice.
Regards.

Would you prefer the S7 Edge with Exynos on the new Nougat update or the new Pixel phone by Google?
Would really appreciate some advice.
Regards.

It's about what you prefer more than what we prefer. I say that because they are both good phones but have different pros and cons.

You will just get split recommendations on here.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
So what's the overall opinion on the Moto Z Play now that it's been out for a couple of months? I'm thinking of recommending this phone to my brother whose contract is ending in December.

tzare

Got a pair of free Gear Vr from my s7 edge purchase.. anyone has them? Any advice or app worth trying. I wonder if i can use Plex in something like PSVR's cinema mode

waxer

From what i read of early impression people downloading from store and running daydream apps were overheating. Without the multitasking it goes a lot longer?

From what i read of early impression people downloading from store and running daydream apps were overheating. Without the multitasking it goes a lot longer?

Well it has its own store that you can access with the headset off or on so probably better to make downloads before putting the headset on.

TTOOLL

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hecorat.packagedisabler&hl=en

it's only a $1.49. You can sign up for Google rewards and take surveys to earn Google Play credit if this really matters to you though.

I would use this app and carefully go thrrough and disable the bloat. google any processes that you don't know and you'll find info on whether you should disable it or not. Most of this was obvious. Probably none of the Google apps you would want to disable.

What apps do you recommend disabling?

Daydream has been running fine since the other night...maybe just an initial setup thing?

I think the poster above nailed it a bit about downloading apps first.

It seems the big downloads can warm the Pixel up quite a bit so mixing both adds fuel to the fire.

I haven't had a warning again either but noticed the menu slow to a crawl so I got close.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Get a temporary phone while you send the 5X for repair. It's been weeks for mine and there's no end in sight. Awful.

Think I'm going to go get a Moto G4 today. My 5X is basically already unusable. Should have gotten a 6P smh

Edit: Hmm or maybe I should get a OnePlus 3...

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Weren't you using the 6P?
Yes. I have a 6P. The 5X is another family member's phone. I just kept saying me and my :p

The 6P camera has always been irritating in the sense of multiple picture taking slowdown. It was bearable last year but today, knowing the Pixel doesn't have that issue, far unbearable now.

Jeffrey

man, is the op3 stupidly fast even with stock rom.

Theres maybe like 2-3 phones total that can bring up their 'share menu' this quickly. Even ios struggles with that.

Allo is so much better than Hangouts for the non tech crowd. Honestly, my family and non geek friends just love using it already.

Once they add a desktop app I think a lot of Hangouts users will start migrating unless they use it for work.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Allo is so much better than Hangouts for the non tech crowd. Honestly, my family and non geek friends just love using it already.

Once they add a desktop app I think a lot of Hangouts users will start migrating unless they use it for work.

If they had a desktop app, most of my family would switch tomorrow. We use it when at work, rather than bother with a phone, so until Allo has desktop support, we're certainly not moving away from Hangouts.

TTOOLL

I ended up disabling the S7's always on display, it's useless if I can't see 3rd party full notifications and I think the battery hit is no worth just to see the time, I miss Moto screen. I'm aware the Note 7 version will arrive with Nougat, so let's wait.

edit: I also disable aroung 37 processes using EZ disabler, let's see the difference now.

Top Bottom