• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

torontoml

Asking for some help. My Note 4 just upgraded to 6.0, but I'm having an issue with my WiFi, it won't connect to my 2.4 Ghz signal and only connects to my 5.0 Ghz signal for a short period after a restart and then won't connect again to either.

My laptop is working fine, and no one else in the house is having issues with the WiFi. Anyone know what could be wrong?

zbeeb

Asking for some help. My Note 4 just upgraded to 6.0, but I'm having an issue with my WiFi, it won't connect to my 2.4 Ghz signal and only connects to my 5.0 Ghz signal for a short period after a restart and then won't connect again to either.

My laptop is working fine, and no one else in the house is having issues with the WiFi. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Restart your modem/router. Even if other devices are working, the modem/router is usually the issue.

Kssio_Aug

Just formatted my Nexus 5 cause it was too slow.

Now, I hate stock google gallery app! I was using that older version but forgot to save the .apk!

Thing is... which one is the most recommended gallery app for android? Is Focus a good option?

Anyone have issues with Lollipop(Touchwiz could be issue) not reporting battery using apps after charging? Just picked up a Tab S new for dirt cheap and after a charge it doesn't show the browser for instance. Even though I've spent an hour with it active.

Galaxy Note 7, according to OnLeaks.

KhwnwDw.jpg

iaJWfoM.jpg

I like the design a lot more than the S7, for some reason.

Jigolo

Damn looks real nice. I expect that half edge on the side to become common in the coming years. Maybe not to that extreme but similar; think of Sony XA ultra. Wonder if the rumor of it using an RGB OLED are true or not

this_guy

Did last year's ZTE Axon Pro ever go on sale? The Axon 7 looks really nice and if it goes on sale from the $450 price I'd definitely consider it. Top of the line specs with what looks like a good camera and battery life, fingerprint sensor, front facing speakers, good audio DAC, and their 2 year passport/accidental coverage looks tempting.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Did last year's ZTE Axon Pro ever go on sale? The Axon 7 looks really nice and if it goes on sale from the $450 price I'd definitely consider it. Top of the line specs with what looks like a good camera and battery life, fingerprint sensor, front facing speakers,good audio DAC, and their 2 year passport/accidental coverage looks tempting.

Yeah, it went on sale a couple of times on holidays, iirc. It's due to drop mid-June

So, uh, Huawei confirmed that they're doing the Nexus again this year:

“That said, the distributors, our open market, do bring in the device, that’s how Cellucity got it… and that will still be the same this year. We’re doing the Nexus again this year, by the way,” she explained.

HTC doing only one then or will there be a refreshed 6P at the high-end, plus two other mid and low-end Nexuses?

Could still be a tablet or maybe she thinks the Mi Box Android TV is a Nexus :p

I'm finding this hard to believe after he heavy HTC rumors but maybe HTC is doing the smaller Nexus and Huawei is doing the larger. I just hope both have them are somewhat high end.

So, uh, Huawei confirmed that they're doing the Nexus again this year:

HTC doing only one then or will there be a refreshed 6P at the high-end, plus two other mid and low-end Nexuses?
I suspect that there is two possible scenarios to explain this. In the first one Google gives HTC the smaller Nexus device because they haven't made a lot of phablets and then lets Huawei do another 6P given the universal acclaim it got. Or given that there was a rumored Nexus 7P name it could be possible that HTC is doing both Nexus phone's and Huawei is going to do a Nexus 7 successor. That might make even more sense since it would give Huawei a chance to show off their ability to make a good tablet since they haven't done that before IIRC.

I suspect that there is two possible scenarios to explain this. In the first one Google gives HTC the smaller Nexus device because they haven't made a lot of phablets and then lets Huawei do another 6P given the universal acclaim it got. Or given that there was a rumored Nexus 7P name it could be possible that HTC is doing both Nexus phone's and Huawei is going to do a Nexus 7 successor. That might make even more sense since it would give Huawei a chance to show off their ability to make a good tablet since they haven't done that before IIRC.

Maybe this was real. I hope they launch early this year. I am ready for an 820 to process my HDR photos.

http://www.gsmarena.com/new_nexus_6...with_snapdragon_820_4gb_of_ram-news-18011.php

Could still be a tablet or maybe she thinks the Mi Box Android TV is a Nexus :p

I'm finding this hard to believe after he heavy HTC rumors but maybe HTC is doing the smaller Nexus and Huawei is doing the larger. I just hope both have them are somewhat high end.

Doubtful. She's talking about the lack of availability for the 6P in South Africa, and offers up the information that they're doing [the phone] again this year.

Couple that information with the benchmark leak earlier this week that showed a 6P running a Snapdragon 820 with 4gb RAM, and I think we're in for another Huawei Nexus for sure.

Now, where that puts the HTC rumor, I don't know. The rumors always stated HTC was doing two Nexus devices, but maybe it's a phone + tablet.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm hoping it's a tablet. And not another Nexus 9. It's the worst Nexus ever.

yah, that what making me hold off ...i have the S6 edge, and im kinda annoyed with Samsung soft....only one i really use is Samsung Pay

Since Nexus devices aren't part of our Verizon plan at work there is 4 employees buying the new Note then reselling them to buy a new Nexus and pocket the extra cash.

These people aren't android freaks or anything. They just dont want an iPhone and they dont want bloat. They are all moving from Droids or Galaxies.

Since Nexus devices aren't part of our Verizon plan at work there is 4 employees buying the new Note then reselling them to buy a new Nexus and pocket the extra cash.

These people aren't android freaks or anything. They just dont want an iPhone and they dont want bloat. They are all moving from Droids or Galaxies.

can't knock there hustle ...i would do it too

Not sure if it's really a downside. Next thing you're going to tell me is that I can't use Google Now.

The horror!

Waking up your phone with one voice assistant but using another while its awake is the dumbest fucking shit ever. We're not getting into this.

Ars Technica even dings this on every Galaxy review.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Slight bitching here but I keep pressing the multitasking button to switch chrome tabs and its driving me nuts
Splitting tabs into apps was the best thing ever. I'm sad they're removing it.

Waking up your phone with one voice assistant but using another while its awake is the dumbest fucking shit ever. We're not getting into this.

Ars Technica even dings this on every Galaxy review.

It's shitty for some, while others might not care about it. I'd gladly trade any voice assistant to get wireless charging back into the Nexus phones, for example. It's just a matter of priorities.

It's shitty for some, while others might not care about it. I'd gladly trade any voice assistant to get wireless charging back into the Nexus phones, for example. It's just a matter of priorities.

Typical users dont have the same priorities we do. People try something and if its confusing or stupid they move onto something else and tell their friends.

Samsung's goal is not to choose wireless charging over a good personal assistant. They want to do everything an iPhone can do plus more. If you want to compete with apple you cant confuse your user base like Samsung does. Hey Siri is probably a big thing for iPhone users now. On Samsung its a terrible experience when it doesnt have to be.

Samsung is choosing to fill a database with voice queries over gaining customers. Two personal assistants is not attractive and they should be just using googles since they dont have the choice to only user their own.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
6P a nice phone, but even with the sales it's soooo hard to recommend a Snap 810 phone. Either get something cheaper or else 820 or bust. The lone exception being the two Sammy devices since they didn't run 810 chips.

Goddamn, why did Android fuck up their wallpaper editor when M launched

I saw this cool vertical Mega Man wallpaper the other day but when I set it to my home screen it turns stretched out and ugly.

Has Google made a statement on fixing this issue?

Omzz

Made a post earlier, but ugh this is my 1st replacement Nexus 6P and looks like might have to replace this again.

The first phone the screen would turn off randomly by itself. Now with this one every person on the other end of a call can't hear me properly. Do I need to replace this one too?

6P a nice phone, but even with the sales it's soooo hard to recommend a Snap 810 phone. Either get something cheaper or else 820 or bust. The lone exception being the two Sammy devices since they didn't run 810 chips.

Their are other 820 phones out too now. An unlocked HTC 10 would be a dope phone. Was 550 at verizon last week.

VoxPop

So why do you guys use an Android device over anything else? (iOS, Blackberry, WP10, Tizen[lol])

What are some defining qualities that make you not want to ever switch?

this_guy

So why do you guys use an Android device over anything else? (iOS, Blackberry, WP10, Tizen[lol])

iOS is the only other competition due to apps. I prefer using Google's services over Apple's, and personally I like having an app drawer vs everything all on the home screen. I also like being able to access my files if I need to via a file manager.

Noema

iPhones are too expensive. One can buy a mid high end android phone for less than $350. I bought my Nexus 6 brand new for $250.

As for the other two... I don't invest in dead platforms.

Top Bottom