• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

RuGalz

Multi-language support, nice. Are they finally getting rid of all the variations of IME? It's really annoying having to setup 3 Google keyboards that have similar options but at different places.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Is it time to really switch from Fleksy? I've used it for ages despite it being confirmed dead. It's like my RSS app Press. Dead for years but I still use it.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
reudb0C.jpg

Mate 9 in the house. Even lucked out and got the international version instead of the chinese version.

MattDoza

I would rather the contextual keyboard be better about popping up and keyboard switching to full numpad than having it up all of the time. It just messes with my swipe texting.

Nilaul

Why does android still use garbage collection and why hasn't java been completely abandoned? It seems to cause so much problems with memory and performance.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I put a picture of pancakes I ate at a diner in DC as my Gboard theme. This is amazing. I still miss the ability to use space as a simple swipe like I could in Fleksy. I guess I better get used to swiping again.

Using Gboard with another language that isn't Roman still stinks. I can't use the Korean one, for example. It treats it as two separate apps.

Bboy AJ

I changed my Gboard theme to a Waffle House menu. Much better.

Just watched my son's 2013 Moto X power on, and that thing takes 20ish minutes to become usable after verifying apps, and that's after a recent factory reset.

It still runs reasonably well, but between that, running 5.1 with no more security updates, and the crackling speaker, it's time for a replacement.

Nephix

So it sounds like the Mate 9 Pro might have a last minute delay until mid/late January in europe. :(
Some stores seem to already have it in stock though so I don't really see the point..

Dumbass me, having not done anything ROM related in a couple years, flashed a Marshmallow ROM over a buggy Nougat one. Thought I permanently bricked the phone. Thankfully I was able to get back into twrp after a bunch of attempts.

I highly doubt it will stick but pixel 2 slated for mid-late august btw. I guess they may want to get ahead of the iphone so it's possible but I just don't see it.

Quixzlizx

no ideaaaaaa all I know is they want to launch in august! Makes sense though, why launch a month after everyone already got an iphone, especially in a big iphone update year.

Hope they go all out though with the design and chip.

This is the phone that's supposed to have Andromeda, right?

no ideaaaaaa all I know is they want to launch in august! Makes sense though, why launch a month after everyone already got an iphone, especially in a big iphone update year.

Hope they go all out though with the design and chip.

As do I

This is the phone that's supposed to have Andromeda, right?

If rumors are to be believed

Hopefully the next Pixel looks nicer.

We can only hope it'll look like that Porsche blackberry from many years ago

wilflare

pardon me folks but what's the backup app to use again?

for SMS/etc - Carbonite's SMS Backup and Restore
for everything else - ?

sending in my 6P to get the battery replaced... the 20% batt sudden death is annoying

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Brother called. His neighborhood just got AT&T fiber so he's thinking about switching. Wants to upgrade his wifi for his mini mansion and was asking about Google WiFi. Think he's gonna go with that over Eero.

pardon me folks but what's the backup app to use again?

for SMS/etc - Carbonite's SMS Backup and Restore
for everything else - ?

sending in my 6P to get the battery replaced... the 20% batt sudden death is annoying
For everything else use google drive or just the built in back up.

Top Bottom