• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
eh. didn't you just mention you have WiFi scanning on? or do you mean you keep WiFi on even when you have no networks connected.

edit: anyone using Pyrope or Tugabrowser? wish they were more updated.
Yeah, I was confused earlier. It's the latter.

And I'm using Pyrope. It's so fast compared to Firefox Mobile. My phone almost turned into lava when I last tried Chrome.

I couldn't find the Nexus 6P thread for some reason so I'll just post it here.

I plugged in my phone last night and started streaming Netflix to Chromcast and fell asleep. My phone did not charge at all during this time and died at some point in the night. I woke up and my phone was off and wouldn't charge as if the charger were dead. I held the power button down for what seemed like a very long time and the phone started to boot at which point the battery was at like 60% and the charger started working just fine.

Has anyone had this issue before? This happened a few months ago as well. The wall charger isn't even warm. It's like the phone is refusing power and it doesn't even try.

mUeq3dx.jpg

I couldn't find the Nexus 6P thread for some reason so I'll just post it here.

I plugged in my phone last night and started streaming Netflix to Chromcast and fell asleep. My phone did not charge at all during this time and died at some point in the night. I woke up and my phone was off and wouldn't charge as if the charger were dead. I held the power button down for what seemed like a very long time and the phone started to boot at which point the battery was at like 60% and the charger started working just fine.

Has anyone had this issue before? This happened a few months ago as well. The wall charger isn't even warm. It's like the phone is refusing power and it doesn't even try.

Did you get the charging signal? I found that it's very easy to get lint, sawdust, etc in the charging port and it won't charge. A bit of cleaning with a pin did the trick.

Did you get the charging signal? I found that it's very easy to get lint, sawdust, etc in the charging port and it won't charge. A bit of cleaning with a pin did the trick.

Not even sure. I just plugged it in and set on my bed stand and fell asleep.

The part I'm more confused about is the drain to 0% followed by not charging, then rebooting the phone to find it at 60+%.

The cord didn't come out of the port the whole time I was dealing with this, so it doesn't have anything to do with the connection being obscured.

Menaged

What's a good Android phone with an emphasis on battery life and quick charging?
I remember reading here about a moto... Something but can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

browser: depends on the browser.

apps: some you can pay for an ad-free version, others are just ad supported.

there's also custom DNS providers or root apps to block ad domains systemwide.

Ad blocking on Android kinda sucks. Unless you root (who even wants to do that anymore?), you basically have Chrome forks that don't even do proper cosmetic filtering or VPN hacks.

Anyone having any experience having issues with android devices and wifi?

All of the families android devices (phones and tablets) are sporadically thrown off our WiFi for a second or two and then it reconnects.

On my phone I get a exclamation mark on my WiFi icon, then the wifi icon is gone and a few seconds later it's back.

It's incredibly infuriating and my wife is about the trash all of our tablets in rage. We've made no changes to our router or WiFi. The issue has to my knowledge arrived out of nowhere.

Any way to handle and fix this? Is it a Android bug?

All of the families android devices (phones and tablets) are sporadically thrown off our WiFi for a second or two and then it reconnects.

On my phone I get a exclamation mark on my WiFi icon, then the wifi icon is gone and a few seconds later it's back.

It's incredibly infuriating and my wife is about the trash all of our tablets in rage. We've made no changes to our router or WiFi. The issue has to my knowledge arrived out of nowhere.

If that's happening that's a router problem, no way/highly impossible multiple devices having issues at once and it be the devices

Check the number of IP's the router spits out and other QoS

sounds like a router problem.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So, Moto Z Play. Worth the purchase for that price range or are there better alternatives like the One Plus 3T? Mostly asking cuz I'm considering one of them for my dad.

RuGalz

hmm... wonder what their excuse is for iOS. Their vpnblock there kills my battery like no other (i still prefer it to the alternatives

I'm not familiar with iOS's vpn setup but the way it works on Android isn't that heavy unless they do something really stupid.

teiresias

So, Moto Z Play. Worth the purchase for that price range or are there better alternatives like the One Plus 3T? Mostly asking cuz I'm considering one of them for my dad.

For performance the OP3T, but if you're looking for maximum battery life the Play is king.

Only thing to keep in mind with the Play is you may have to manually tweak memory performance settings on a per app basis if you run into issues.

For instance, I frequently want to run Google maps navigation with Pocketcasts or Play Music on in the background, but given the aggressive memory and performance management Motorola uses it would frequently just kill either the audio app or navigation when I was running them both while driving. I had to change the memory settings on those particular apps to get it to stop doing that.

ty_hot

Is the newest android much better than the previous ones? My girlfriend has a Nexus 7 that is on 6.0 (I believe) so I am not sure what is new in the 7.0 now... And honestly the 5.0 -> 6.0 didn't improve almost anything, it seems like google reached Android limit.

I am looking for a phone to last some years, thinking about getting a Oneplus, because of the big RAM, what do you guys think? Is the camera decent?

Top Bottom