• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Saiyan-Rox

They're popular in rural areas. I see them all the time in my home town.

Mainly mechanics, farmers, construction, pretty much anyone in an environment where the normal S7 wouldn't last a day.

Yeah I figured they'd be good around those kinds of places just never ever seen one.

Yeah I figured they'd be good around those kinds of places just never ever seen one.

Yeah, my cousin swears buy them and will probably get this, last time I road with him he just tossed his S6 active on the dash and said that he's fallen from a latter onto it before. They're great for anyone who has a super physical job.

this_guy

Yeah, my cousin swears buy them and will probably get this, last time I road with him he just tossed his S6 active on the dash and said that he's fallen from a latter onto it before. They're great for anyone who has a super physical job.

That and they have huge batteries.

OmegaFax

June security update is live for ze Nexus'

OTA links: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/ota

Factory Image: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

So good Google now give us the OTA links swell

EDIT: The hell? it's 911MB for the N6P

EDIT2: oh they're full system images and not incremental

Same here for the N5X OTA. On the upside, the OTA was flashable for me in the latest TWRP. First month I got to try this out. Reinstalled systemless root and Xposed and was ready to go.

Sidenote ... what's up with Google Search? Every time I hit the search bar, there's these trending searches.

What is seen as the go to free application for going through the Android file system? I have been using File Commander for a while, but I find it to be a bit ad spammy.

WoodWERD

What do you guys think: Xiaomi mi5, ZTE Axon 7, or ZUK Z2 Pro?
Spec Comparison

Hopefully that link works. I considered the Nexus 5x and Moto Pure too, but these Chinese phones all have better specs. I'm in China and it seems I can get the mi5 for ~$380(3gb/64gb), Axon ~$470(4gb/64gb), and Z2 Pro ~$395 (4gb/64gb). I'll be visiting the US at the end of the month, so if there are any other unlocked US models I should consider I'm all ears.

reKon

Banned
Spec Comparison

Hopefully that link works. I considered the Nexus 5x and Moto Pure too, but these Chinese phones all have better specs. I'm in China and it seems I can get the mi5 for ~$380(3gb/64gb), Axon ~$470(4gb/64gb), and Z2 Pro ~$395 (4gb/64gb). I'll be visiting the US at the end of the month, so if there are any other unlocked US models I should consider I'm all ears.

I'd probably just go with Xiaomi

I'm not upgrading my 6P until a phone with a better camera and 50% better battery life comes out. It needs 6hours SOT with heavy usage on LTE for me to even consider it.

There is no way apple is going to compete with google this fall from a new feature/technology standpoint unless apple has hidden something big.

Android has too much cool shit between the ocr stuff, on demand apps, vr and their language processing continues to evolve far beyond apples.

Its just too bad the 820 still isn't that battery efficient. You are buying an iPhone 7 this fall for performance and probably more consistent battery life (unless both nexus pack some huge batteries). Apple will probably achieve some sick A10 improvements but not seeing anything else.

With the exception of Android VR nothing looks that interesting from Google this Fall and with the delay to Android 3D touch the Nexus Phone's will probably just dial down to "New phone with upgraded specs" and nothing else. Not that interesting, but it isn't like it needs to be.

With the exception of Android VR nothing looks that interesting from Google this Fall and with the delay to Android 3D touch the Nexus Phone's will probably just dial down to "New phone with upgraded specs" and nothing else. Not that interesting, but it isn't like it needs to be.

is it a delayed feature or just dead?

Hasney

I think it's more that nobody cares. Its one of the things that iPhone users don't seem to care about bar one or two functions.

I think it's more that nobody cares. Its one of the things that iPhone users don't seem to care about bar one or two functions.

I remember the discussion in here a year ago, when force touch was the future of UI.

But who knows, maybe it will still happen and the next iOS version is going to have more than a movable cursor on the keyboard.

GtwoK

Question for anyone who uses the Google Play Music app:

I remember a while back, before I subscribed to GPM (over a year ago), there was a feature that was essentially an I'm Feeling Lucky playlist, but available when offline. It was on the Listen Now page, when set to Downloaded Only mode. It would basically pick a set of similar sounding music form my downloaded library and play it. Ever since subscribing, that option is only available when Downloaded Only is turned off, otherwise the I'm Feeling Lucky button turns into a generic Shuffle button, which just shuffles all my music, and is very inconsistent in tone. The version of it with Downloaded Only off also includes tracks no in your library (basically starting a radio station), I'm looking for the one that only picks from my library.

I have all my music downloaded to my phone (data caps are a bitch), and predominantly use my phone for music when driving, so the app is almost always on Downloaded Only. What happened to the I'm Feeling Lucky button? How can I get it (or something similar) back?

Noema

Is this the one?

http://store.orange.com/za/mobile-p...ola-moto-g4-plus-16gb-black-origin-eu-290882/

Don't think we'll be getting the 3/4GB ram version here though.

Edit: Coming off of a S4 Mini if that makes a difference.

Well, the one you linked is the Plus which, as you mentioned, comes with 3GB of RAM for the 32GB version and 4GB for the 64GB version. It also comes with a fingerprint scanner and a better camera and ISP. Other than that the phones are the same, with an SD617 and a 5.5" FHD display.

It'll be a massive upgrade over your S4 Mini.

You could also try to find an Honor 5X which has similar specs.

do people really give a shit about 3d touch, it really doesn't seem like anyone is doing anything outstanding with it on ios. I barely even hear about it anymore.

Spec Comparison

MI is more famous but you can't go wrong with any of them. I do not think there are detailed review for z2 pro or axon out yet. Pick the best look + camera + extra features and you are good to go. Mi has two models one lower has lower clock. SD expansion is in axon but not in others. There is light variations in bands as well. I am jealous lol I would love to buy any of this here.

FFP2

Well, the one you linked is the Plus which, as you mentioned, comes with 3GB of RAM for the 32GB version and 4GB for the 64GB version. It also comes with a fingerprint scanner and a better camera and ISP. Other than that the phones are the same, with an SD617 and a 5.5" FHD display.

It'll be a massive upgrade over your S4 Mini.

You could also try to find an Honor 5X which has similar specs.

It seems like only the 16GB version with 2GB RAM will be available here though. Phone sounds great otherwise so I'll probably get that.

Thanks so much for the help!

It seems like only the 16GB version with 2GB RAM will be available here though. Phone sounds great otherwise so I'll probably get that.

Thanks so much for the help!

there are so many other better options then moto in that price range on the website.

for little bit more money you can get Z3 compact R4705 or upcoming SA which is good too. Why would you go to Motorola?

I hope we get some Nexus leaks soon. I might be tempted to get a larger phone again and buy the ZTE Axon 7 when it comes out. I feel like if they don't skimp on the smaller Nexus it will start at $450/$500 for 32GB's of storage and if that holds true the Axon seems like a really good value.

Guys, my Moto X is dead, and my options to replace it are: a brand new ASUS Zenfone 2 (top model 4gb ram and 2.3ghz) and a refurbished Xperia Z2. Which one shall I pick? From what i've seen, the Xperia has an outstanding battery llife.

Jigolo

You can put a 5000 mAH battery in the Nexus 6P and it still won't have better battery than the Exynos S7.

Google battery management is basura.

You can put a 5000 mAH battery in the Nexus 6P and it still won't have better battery than the Exynos S7.

Google battery management is basura.

Your posts explains that it is better on a different soc yet you blame it on Google battery management instead of Qualcomm. Lol

Not to mention the Exynos S6 had terrible battery life.

Noema

Guys, my Moto X is dead, and my options to replace it are: a brand new ASUS Zenfone 2 (top model 4gb ram and 2.3ghz) and a refurbished Xperia Z2. Which one shall I pick? From what i've seen, the Xperia has an outstanding battery llife.

The ZenFone 2 has abysmal battery life and a mediocre camera, but it's a very good performer. Its Atom CPU goes toe to toe against the 810 flagships of 2015.

Top Bottom