• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Futureman

anyone else getting this in Chrome?

if I have Chrome open and switch to a different app and then switch back to Chrome, I get this bar at the top of the screen:

kn7bfsNl.png

Jeffrey

4.5 hours sot is great for a phone but I'm still 17% battery at 1pm at an airport.

Still waiting for true all day battery phones for actual power users lol.

No Love

Banned
Why not just side load this split keyboard Google keyboard from 2 years ago? Power of Android.

Don't know. It's inconsistent but it's mostly when I expand an email open it has animation stutter. On pixel and mate 9. Wonder if it's to do with my mail box size?

Just curious, are you Jeffrey Z on Swappa?

Saw this on SD's and figured I'd post it over here in case anybody may be interested. The LG G5 is $120 at Best Buy through Verizon/AT&T/Sprint payment plans. It looks like you can buy the device and then just immediately pay it off if you so choose so that's a pretty insane price after all is said and done. Bootlooping aside I doubt you'd find a better device for anywhere close to that price.
https://slickdeals.net/f/9828583-32...120-for-30mos-service-req?page=18#commentsBox

Quixzlizx

Saw this on SD's and figured I'd post it over here in case anybody may be interested. The LG G5 is $120 at Best Buy through Verizon/AT&T/Sprint payment plans. It looks like you can buy the device and then just immediately pay it off if you so choose so that's a pretty insane price after all is said and done. Bootlooping aside I doubt you'd find a better device for anywhere close to that price.
https://slickdeals.net/f/9828583-32...120-for-30mos-service-req?page=18#commentsBox

T-Mo finally takes an L.

Comments/opinions on the Gear S3 Frontier? Strongly considering one, but I have some hesitations over svoice vs googs. I'm a galaxy user btw and will likely upgrade when the 8 comes out.

Jeffrey

Comments/opinions on the Gear S3 Frontier? Strongly considering one, but I have some hesitations over svoice vs googs. I'm a galaxy user btw and will likely upgrade when the 8 comes out.
Really like mine and I don't even use a Samsung phone.

I'm not a power user of it though. Just use it for notifications and Samsung pay.

Svoice is trash, but it's fine for simple things like setting a alarm

I tried running with it but it just feels too big, like I'm swinging a light weight around lol.

zewone

Bought the G5 for $120.

Too good to pass up and anyone trying to downplay the price to performance ratio is insane. Best deal currently available.

Jay Sosa

sorry if this isn't the right thread...

so I just got my Moto G4 plus and really like it, BUT the speaker/sound quality is horrible, like really horrible, even for a phone. I owned a Dooge X5 for like 80 bucks before that and it sounded way better. I tried to look up some reviews..and some say the quality is really good and some say the quality is horrendous (verge for instance)

so..what is it? TIA

Bought the G5 for $120.

Too good to pass up and anyone trying to downplay the price to performance ratio is insane. Best deal currently available.

G5 is a solid device especially at that price. I had a few issues with it but overall I enjoyed it. The headphone jack quality suuuuuuuuucks though.

zewone

G5 is a solid device especially at that price. I had a few issues with it but overall I enjoyed it. The headphone jack quality suuuuuuuuucks though.

That's not good to hear. Is it underpowered?

I was looking at getting the DAC mod, but apparently it was never released in the US and importing it costs more than I paid for the phone.

Jeffrey

sorry if this isn't the right thread...

so I just got my Moto G4 plus and really like it, BUT the speaker/sound quality is horrible, like really horrible, even for a phone. I owned a Dooge X5 for like 80 bucks before that and it sounded way better. I tried to look up some reviews..and some say the quality is really good and some say the quality is horrendous (verge for instance)

so..what is it? TIA

The speaker or headphone jack? Try reset the device if that doesn't work return it.

Jay Sosa

The speaker or headphone jack? Try reset the device if that doesn't work return it.

the speaker, even on a relatively low volume the quality is horrendous.

I just read some more reviews and the impressions range from great to terrible, not really helpful.

4.5 hours sot is great for a phone but I'm still 17% battery at 1pm at an airport.

Still waiting for true all day battery phones for actual power users lol.

What phone do you have mate and what did you do to it lol :) I mean how did you manage to get it down to 17% (assuming it was 100% in the morning)

ty_hot

Even for the double or triple of that price it would be an awesome deal. One more deal that will never happen outside of USA. =(

yagal

Huawei P10 64 GB + 4GB a 679,90€
Huawei P10 Plus 128 GB + 6GB a 829,90€

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha with the emotion ui hahahahaha

Why do you buy an iphone clone for that price when for that price you can have .... an iphone, a Samsung or 2 other chinese phones?????

That's not good to hear. Is it underpowered?

I was looking at getting the DAC mod, but apparently it was never released in the US and importing it costs more than I paid for the phone.

Yea it's pretty underwhelming. The Bluetooth audio is supposed to be good if you can find one of those high fidelity ones.

Jeffrey

What phone do you have mate and what did you do to it lol :) I mean how did you manage to get it down to 17% (assuming it was 100% in the morning)
Pixel. I mean I just used it heavily. Played some games. Watched stuff etc. Bored at airport.

4.5 hr sot is fantastic for a small phone though.

sarcastor

Bought the G5 for $120.

i was going to get it. then i looked at the reviews and LG pretty much ruined Marshmallow. They removed the app drawer! and a bunch of other unnecessary crap. Vanilla android ftw please (for me at least)

I'll think I'll get the Nokia 6 when it comes out. aluminum body + vanilla android for $250 seems like a good deal. I just hope its updated regularly :\

zewone

i was going to get it. then i looked at the reviews and LG pretty much ruined Marshmallow. They removed the app drawer! and a bunch of other unnecessary crap. Vanilla android ftw please (for me at least)

I'll think I'll get the Nokia 6 when it comes out. aluminum body + vanilla android for $250 seems like a good deal. I just hope its updated regularly :\

Google Now Launcher addresses most issues with 3rd party launchers.

Skin is supposed to be lite.

Really like mine and I don't even use a Samsung phone.

I'm not a power user of it though. Just use it for notifications and Samsung pay.

Svoice is trash, but it's fine for simple things like setting a alarm

I tried running with it but it just feels too big, like I'm swinging a light weight around lol.

Glad to hear it. I was pleasantly surprised by all the positive Amazon reviews as well. I'll probably pick one up this weekend.

Laekon

So how is it installed? via an update to the google app?

Okay so I'm an idiot. I thought I had read it was going out as an update to the Google app. I got an update for that tonight and thought it was the addition of the assistant but it wasn't.

Top Bottom