• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Jeffrey

HTC u is just a V20 without a headphone jack and cost way more than what you can get a V20 these days.

Seems like the new big iPhone won't be curved? So more like the g6.

HTC u is just a V20 without a headphone jack and cost way more than what you can get a V20 these days.

Seems like the new big iPhone won't be curved? So more like the g6.
thankfully. Just needs to be a really slight curve on the edge for feel good edge swipes. Like now basically.

Even IF someone is an LG fan, why would anyone get the G6 when the V30 will be out in a few and probably be better.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
thankfully. Just needs to be a really slight curve on the edge for feel good edge swipes. Like now basically.

Even IF someone is an LG fan, why would anyone get the G6 when the V30 will be out in a few and probably be better.

Depends on the G6 pricing.

That being said it's either Samsung or bust IMO until the V30/Pixel 2 come out for flagship priced phones. If not just wait for this year's OnePlus or Axon or Honor or whatever that fits your budget.

Depends on the G6 pricing.

That being said it's either Samsung or bust IMO until the V30/Pixel 2 come out for flagship priced phones. If not just wait for this year's OnePlus or Axon or Honor or whatever that fits your budget.
I've said it before but for me the only phones worth watching in the android world is samsung/oneplus/pixel. The rest have fallen off a cliff.

I don't include the cheaper phones, those are all toss ups. Always a good one or two every year.

Pwur79I.jpg

eiLmR6K.jpg

Jeffrey

Gave my axon 7 to my mom to upgrade from OPo that battery dies in 20 min. She's loving it.

Nougat seems solid and hey it works with daydream.

And lawd these speakers. For a phone that's often around $300. Good shit.

Still think axon successor will be the true budget flagship to look out for this year.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's about the current political administration in the USA.

That's my absolutely and completely random guess with no insight whatsoever. Don't quote me on it at all.

Jeffrey

Wonder if Google and Apple will ever get together again.

Man would it be dope if iOS 11 allowed you to pick default apps. Basically the only thing apple is missing from Android imo.

And better homescreen options.

Jeffrey

Assistants main feature of conversation dialogue is pointless if you have to say OK Google after each exchange.

Like how people do in real life.

Jeffrey

I figured I'd ask this here: My parents bought me an android tablet as a gift recently, they said if they don't think I need it they can return it (I did just get a smartphone).

Here is a quick comparison of my phone compared to the tablet:
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7955&idPhone2=7295

Overall I'm still not sure it's something I need, I no longer have a laptop so typing on the go might be nice, any feedback from GAF?

Did it come with a keyboard? Not sure how typing on a tablet is that different from phone otherwise.

this_guy

Gave my axon 7 to my mom to upgrade from OPo that battery dies in 20 min. She's loving it.

Nougat seems solid and hey it works with daydream.

And lawd these speakers. For a phone that's often around $300. Good shit.

Still think axon successor will be the true budget flagship to look out for this year.

I think all it needs is a decent camera. If the Moto G5 Plus can do the same sensor as last year's Galaxy S7 the Axon successor should have no excuse to not do something similar.

Jeffrey

ZTE should just go the nokia route and put stock android on their phones.
Yeah not the stupid failed Kickstarter nonsense lol.

At least for the international release.

Seems like the goal of 2017 budget flagships is camera. Oneplus already said in an interview that camera is their priority now.

this_guy

LG G6 Battery Life review from GSMArena: http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g6_battery_life-news-23911.php

Spoilers - It's better than the G5, still lags behind S7 Edge and OP3T.

If this is priced more than £500 then it's being sent to die against last year's flagships, which are all on clearance now anyway, nevermind this years. :/

Around June/July I'm sure we'll be able to find the G6 around the $400 range. At that point it's a pretty nice phone.

Around June/July I'm sure we'll be able to find the G6 around the $400 range. At that point it's a pretty nice phone.

Definitely. I do like the look of the phone, and the specs are solid, but if LG are going to charge IPhone/S8 sort of money it is doomed.

£499 and I'd get it day one. But S Korean launch, and early UK pre-order prices suggest its going to be waaayyyy more than that. :(

Dobsie

Lenovo P2 seems to have gone under the radar here so far:
SD625
5100mAh battery
5.5" 1080p amoled
3/4GB RAM

That soc and battery combo=insane battery life. Lenovo's UI seems pretty unobtrusive too, only downside seems to be the camera is a bit meh in low light conditions.
All for £200.

derFeef

Getting a A3 in a few days, first Android phone ;) Was on Windows Phone for YEARS and will probably miss that start screen :-( , but not much else.

Top Bottom